Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jul 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2496747)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'09 ALMS Round 5 • Lime Rock, July 15th - 18th

Lime Rock Park,
Lakeville, CT , USA
July, 15th – 18th
Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
Hindy/Radio Stream or RLM
IMSA Site
Spotters Guide
Live SpeedTv rounds "Q"ing Stream
Satellite Seems an old image
Weather
World Times

L.P.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2496770)   #2
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry looks decent however it is bolstered by 5 Patron Challenge cars. I'll be there both days, can't wait!
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2496786)   #3
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I heard RLM saying about the GT3 cars. But is that only for Porsches, or cou FIA GT3 cars enter if they are inclined to do so?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2496789)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I heard RLM saying about the GT3 cars. But is that only for Porsches, or cou FIA GT3 cars enter if they are inclined to do so?
I believe it's only for the Porsches in the Patron Challenge.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 02:56 (Ref:2496995)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i am embarrassed to say i thought i had missed this race
ain't it usually run the week of the 4th of July?

i thought they were "revamping" LimeRock...i see they added a little sand
Old 7 Jul 2009, 03:25 (Ref:2497002)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
i am embarrassed to say i thought i had missed this race
ain't it usually run the week of the 4th of July?

i thought they were "revamping" LimeRock...i see they added a little sand
I admit I had to check the dates too, because of the tradional 4th of July weekend running.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2497034)   #7
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully we won't see nearly as much carnage at the uphill chicane, 'twas absolute madness last year! Some terrible driving by prototype drivers running into GTs all over the place.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2497295)   #8
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIxPxTu2m6k

Kind of like that?
Old 7 Jul 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2497446)   #9
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I admit I had to check the dates too, because of the tradional 4th of July weekend running.
um...no, they added the 2 chicanes at the uphill and west bend. They also extended the turn 2 spectator area and created new ones at the downhill, uphill, and west bend turns. Also they created a wide walkway right next to the track from the uphill to the bridge at west bend. In addition to all of this they repaved the entire thing and replaced the main car accessible bridge. Most of that though was done before last years race so I dont know how you didn't know that.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2497486)   #10
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Yep, exactly like that.

And this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcxuh3lEOao

And this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkENSNMqzNg

Also, here's some great HD footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYASGoBmZw

Man, I miss the 2008 ALMS season =(
Old 7 Jul 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2497518)   #11
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good times are ahead Cuttlefish.

Chris
Old 7 Jul 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2497533)   #12
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in the outfield for last years race right near big bend. It was awsome to see the Acura beat the RS Spyder to the braking zone on the last lap, and the resulting RS spin. Adding to the sensory overload was seeing something flying in the air, which turned out to be one of the Dyson RS' rear wings. TV coverage didn't pick up that incident, and I honestly still don't know how he wiped, but the Dyson driver was ****ed when he got out so I imagine he got clipped.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2497762)   #13
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry has been reduced to 24 with the removal of the #22 Panoz.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2497830)   #14
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damn...
Old 8 Jul 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2497960)   #15
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
24 is pretty good. I guess PTG took off the 2nd car after looking at the list.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2497982)   #16
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
24 is pretty good. I guess PTG took off the 2nd car after looking at the list.
Without the Porsche race, race cars, it would be 19 which is pathetic no matter what.
The economy is part of the reason but still is no excuse. Without the econ. collapse this would probably have happened anyway, to one degree or another.

Right now it seems to be a race between which collapses first the IRL or the IMSA.
Hopefully somewhere along the way, this year, someone, if only a track promoter, will pull a rabbit out a hat for a gimmick to make people have a reason to show up.

For both Hondas to go pffft and one of the other cars win, would make it at least different.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2497995)   #17
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
blahblah pesimistic.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2497999)   #18
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not a surprise. It is, however, a low car count. I can't really bring myself to count the GT3 Cup cars in the field either. I might feel differently if it was a full GT3 class, but as it is...
Old 8 Jul 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2498008)   #19
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Just saying. It's just that if it helps keep the series afloat until other entries arrive, I'm all for it, at least for now.

Anyway, that non Cup Challenge number should become 22 by Mid Ohio anyway.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2498021)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
The economy is part of the reason but still is no excuse. Without the econ. collapse this would probably have happened anyway, to one degree or another.
Horse manure. If the economy was robust there are enough Sportscar enthusiasts who wish to participate to have grids as good as they were in 08! They just don't have the money any more.

L.P.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2498024)   #21
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Exactly. Look what happed to Championship contending teams like Tafel and Peterson-White Lightning.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2498059)   #22
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Exactly. Look what happed to Championship contending teams like Tafel and Peterson-White Lightning.
P-WL was gone before 2008; Tafel was going broke independently of the general economy.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2498461)   #23
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The entry list has also been updated to identify Westbrook and Stuck as driving the VICI Porsche. A nice pairing at that!

DK
Old 9 Jul 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2498500)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The entry list has also been updated to identify Westbrook and Stuck as driving the VICI Porsche. A nice pairing at that!

DK
Sounds good. Are they still running the 2008 car or did they get a new one?
Old 9 Jul 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2498512)   #25
Gliding_Serpent
Rookie

Gliding_Serpent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Without the Porsche race, race cars, it would be 19 which is pathetic no matter what.

Right now it seems to be a race between which collapses first the IRL or the IMSA.
Hopefully somewhere along the way, this year, someone, if only a track promoter, will pull a rabbit out a hat for a gimmick to make people have a reason to show up.

For both Hondas to go pffft and one of the other cars win, would make it at least different.
Funny how people used to count 2 lone Vettes in GT1... that was hardly a race. At least with the Patron 911's you get a bit of a race. In their last outing, there were more lead changes in the C class than in all other classes combined.