Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Jun 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2720477)   #1
jodesta86
Rookie

jodesta86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping at Woodland Campsite for Silverstone

Hey Guys!

This year I am attending Silverstone for the whole weekend. I have a 3 day pit straight ticket with camping at Woodland Campsite. There is limited info online about Woodland... not many reviews etc. Does anyone know much about what I can expect?

It says on the website that arrivals are only between 7am-12pm which puts a stop to my original plan of heading down to Silverstone on Thursday evening to get set up. Does anyone know how busy it is likely to be on a Friday morning? Do you think it would be worth leaving early to ensure we are there to set up at 7am? I don't want to arrive too late and miss 1st practice, otherwise it seems a waste since I have paid for the whole 3 day ticket!

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Jodesta
Old 30 Jun 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2720500)   #2
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It says on the website that arrivals are only between 7am-12pm which puts a stop to my original plan of heading down to Silverstone on Thursday evening to get set up. Does anyone know how busy it is likely to be on a Friday morning? Do you think it would be worth leaving early to ensure we are there to set up at 7am? I don't want to arrive too late and miss 1st practice, otherwise it seems a waste since I have paid for the whole 3 day ticket!
Hiya, I'm in exactly the same situation! Bought my camping tickets yesterday, also have a 3 day pass on the pit straight. At first I misread it as 12am, stupidly, so I'm not sure what to do either. Other than trying to get Thursday morning if at all possible as they open from Wednesday, but I assume there's a reason you can't do that.

The only thing I can think of would be set off as early as possible with some time in hand so that you're as close to the front of the queue as possible when they open the gates. Your choice seems to be leave early and possibly miss FP1, or leave later and definitely miss it!
Old 30 Jun 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2720546)   #3
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you tried ringing them, they may be in a position to advise precisely what the best thing to do is.
Old 2 Jul 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2721262)   #4
jodesta86
Rookie

jodesta86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could leave at 5:30am from Cambridge, it only takes 90mins max to Silverstone... just wasn't sure what the queues would be like? I have e-mailed a few people at Silverstone who I've previously got information from but as yet, no reply.

I can't get Thursday off work otherwise I would head down a day earlier... Which pit straight seats are you in Fox89?
Old 2 Jul 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2721275)   #5
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodesta86 View Post
I could leave at 5:30am from Cambridge, it only takes 90mins max to Silverstone... just wasn't sure what the queues would be like? I have e-mailed a few people at Silverstone who I've previously got information from but as yet, no reply.

I can't get Thursday off work otherwise I would head down a day earlier... Which pit straight seats are you in Fox89?
C267 and C268