Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2008, 05:59 (Ref:2300868)   #1
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will Lewis ever drive for Ferrari?

With Ron Dennis still at Mclaren, do you think it is possible for Lewis Hamilton to drive for Ferrari (perhaps any other team) one day?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 06:12 (Ref:2300869)   #2
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anythings possible i suppose. I thought a few years ago Alonso was totally opposed to driving for Ferrari, but now it seems to be his long term goal.

With Dennis around still at McLaren i cant imagine what would drive Hamilton away from McLaren. Theres always the possibility of a conflict arising though
Old 30 Sep 2008, 06:18 (Ref:2300871)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Lewis has made comments in the past about never leaving Mclaren, and all that, but I wouldn't say overly much can be read into that. I think you could say that as long as Mclaren keep on providing him with championship challenging machinery, then it is rather improbable he would be leaving. If, on the other hand, Mclaren were to go into a slump for 3 or 4 years, or something, and Ferrari was still in the championship game, then I would say it is entirely possible that he would switch to Ferrari.

The strong ties, and loyalties, and all that, which exist will only withstand a certain degree of underperfomance. Lewis, I would think, is too ambitious to allow himself to stick around in an uncompetitive situation just because of the past.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2300907)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It seems a remote possibility at this stage, but things change. As Dutton says, he could easily be tempted away if McLaren suffer a decline in fortune.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2300929)   #5
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
I believe if Lewis ever make a switch to ferrari, it will be because of a combination of fulfilling his little childhood dream of driving for Ferrari (I think all F1 drivers does) and money coming from Philip Morris, and that will only come after LH win a championship with Mclaren for Ron Dennis.

To me, Ferrari's move to sign on Kimi for 2010 will open up this possibility because 2011 is about the time when LH might feel it is time to move on to a new team to face new challenges.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2300935)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback

To me, Ferrari's move to sign on Kimi for 2010 will open up this possibility because 2011 is about the time when LH might feel it is time to move on to a new team to face new challenges.
I disagree. Imo, Fernando will be at Ferrari from 2010 and no-one will want a repeat of 2007. If Lewis was to go to Ferrari, it would be after Fernando left.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2301040)   #7
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I disagree. Imo, Fernando will be at Ferrari from 2010 and no-one will want a repeat of 2007. If Lewis was to go to Ferrari, it would be after Fernando left.

I must have missed the news about Ferrari signing alonso, kimi and massa for 2010. sorry my bad!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2301044)   #8
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was his opinion Greenback, not what will happen.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:29 (Ref:2301126)   #9
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
It was his opinion Greenback, not what will happen.
If I read it correctly, Mr. V is saying that Fernando will be at Ferrari from 2010, and that is the reason why there is no possibility of Ferrari signing Lewis in 2011.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2301129)   #10
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. I want him alongside Felipe I thought JPM would never go to the team in Woking, but he went... A couple of "f*** off" comments towards Ron like in Hungary and Lewis is gone
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2301138)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are getting extremely ahead of ourselves here, even for a fan forum of what ifs
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2301163)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If I read it correctly, Mr. V is saying that Fernando will be at Ferrari from 2010, and that is the reason why there is no possibility of Ferrari signing Lewis in 2011.
maximus read it correctly. Mr V said "Imo", which means "In my opinion". So in Mr V's opinion Alonso will...
Old 30 Sep 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2301189)   #13
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps if they made him an offer he can't refuse he would tempted to jump ship. He must be the only driver in the world that they can't really have (presuming they wan't him!)....that gives him a very strong negotiating position!!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2301194)   #14
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think Luca di Montezemolo is silly enough to hire Alonso after spygate and his gatlin gun-esque throwing toys out the pram.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2301198)   #15
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
maximus read it correctly. Mr V said "Imo", which means "In my opinion". So in Mr V's opinion Alonso will...
I believe there is a thin line between giving opinion and disagreeing for the sake for disagreeing. If i would to apply the same approach of giving "opinion", I would have easily say that IMO, Ferrari WILL sign a new driver call Adam Ashmore to team up with Massa in 2010 and there will be no place for Alonso in 2010.

I am not writing off the possibility of what Mr. V say about Alonso "will" join Ferrari in 2010, however given the fact that

a) Massa is contracted to Ferrari till 2010 and he is doing a great job at the moment

b) Ferrari has just extended the contract of off-form and thinking-of-retirement kimi till 2010

c) Alonso is desperately looking to join a championship winning team and he is likely to be available for a "bargain"

it will take alot of convincing before I can accept what Mr. V opinion as a basis that there is no possibility of Ferrari signing Lewis in 2011.

And btw, I do know what IMO means and since we are at the subject, it will be nice if you could give us your opinion about Alonso joining Ferrari in 2010 and the possibility of Lewis driving for another team.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2301319)   #16
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lewis drive for Ferrari, why not ? there is no loyalty in F1 these days and a driver has a short career so has to maximise his winning potential by being with the winning team, or what he seas as a potentially winning team, as in Schumacher going to Ferarri. I think it would be a way off and not likely while McLaren are providing him with a competitive car.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2301377)   #17
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
things change from one year to the next, so anything is possible, especially given loyalty can be bought by the salaries commanded/demanded. Give me a million and I'd drive for Ferrari1 Give me 2 and I'll drive for Force India!!

(Oops, time to wake up!)
Old 30 Sep 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2301408)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I believe there is a thin line between giving opinion and disagreeing for the sake for disagreeing. If i would to apply the same approach of giving "opinion", I would have easily say that IMO, Ferrari WILL sign a new driver call Adam Ashmore to team up with Massa in 2010 and there will be no place for Alonso in 2010.
IMHO this is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. I was just trying to help you understand something Mr V said. Time for a lie down.

Will Lewis drive for Ferrari, ever?
Quite possibly, but it doesn't look likely in the short or medium term. However times change so never say never.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2301557)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

it will take alot of convincing before I can accept what Mr. V opinion as a basis that there is no possibility of Ferrari signing Lewis in 2011.
Blimey, wrong time of the month or something?

You asked.........

Quote:
do you think it is possible
I replied......

Quote:
Maybe i should have said...........

I disagree. Imo, Fernando will be at Ferrari from 2010 and no-one will want a repeat of 2007. If Lewis was to go to Ferrari, it would be after Fernando left, so no, i don't think it's possible, at least for the forseeable future

Basically every post on this (and every other) forum is based on people's opinion, no need to get your knickers in a twist!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 02:03 (Ref:2301621)   #20
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettle in a Ferrari in 2011
Old 1 Oct 2008, 02:53 (Ref:2301643)   #21
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Quote:
Blimey, wrong time of the month or something?

You asked.........

I replied......

Maybe i should have said...........

I disagree. Imo, Fernando will be at Ferrari from 2010 and no-one will want a repeat of 2007. If Lewis was to go to Ferrari, it would be after Fernando left, so no, i don't think it's possible, at least for the forseeable future

Basically every post on this (and every other) forum is based on people's opinion, no need to get your knickers in a twist!
After reading your opinion, I am sure many people here would be very curious to know how you could be so sure that FA will be in Ferrari in 2010 when we all know that both Massa and Kimi have a contract with Ferrari for 2010. And if Ferrari is really keen on FA for 2010, why didnt they sign him up now since he is desperately looking for a winning team. And I am just curious if you have ever ask yourself why would Ferrari want to extend kimi's contact for 2010 when they should be leaving the 2010 seat empty for alonso? Or are you suggesting that Ferrari will drop Massa for Alonso?

Plus the reason you gave is because Ferrari prefer Alonso to be in Ferrari in 2010 and thats why Ferrari cant sign Lewis. I am just wondering, if both FA and Lewis are available for Ferrari in 2011 and Ferrari is not in need for a new drivers line up for 2010 (because they have Massa and Kimi), why wont Ferrari consider signing Lewis (a younger, a more marketable, and a equally good driver) instead of Alonso?

Mr.V, I would appreciate if you could quote the exact words use in you reply,
instead of mixing and matching them. And this is what you wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.V

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenback
To me, Ferrari's move to sign on Kimi for 2010 will open up this possibility because 2011 is about the time when LH might feel it is time to move on to a new team to face new challenges
In the same reply you quoted me, I have also mentioned that the following which you have omitted.

"I believe if Lewis ever make a switch to ferrari, it will be because of a combination of fulfilling his little childhood dream of driving for Ferrari (I think all F1 drivers does) and money coming from Philip Morris, and that will only come after LH win a championship with Mclaren for Ron Dennis"

Have a happy EID holiday!!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 07:17 (Ref:2301711)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Alright. If you want to discuss this hypothetical question then go for it. If people are going to get hung up on stupid picky arguments about what people said then go to http://www.ilikehavingreallytediousa...port.com/forum
Posters have clarified what was meant by a post. Move along.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 10:25 (Ref:2301874)   #23
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't see Hamilton leaving McLaren for any other team while Ron is in charge at McLaren.

When Ron retires, and I fear Mercedes buy out the team, then Hamilton will feel free to act if he needs to move.

As to moving to Ferrari, I really hope not.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2302040)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
After [.........] holiday!!
Does this forum have a :yawn, i'm bored: smiley?
Old 1 Oct 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2302190)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that if there's a driver Ferrari really wants, that's Hamilton.

And I go far as saying that if there's a team that Hamilton will be if he decide to leave Mclaren, that's Ferrari.

What holds Hamilton there ? Money and a winning car ? Look who has the same...

Now Alonso... there more than just 2 points that prevents him from driving there...