Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Jun 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3094903)   #2226
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened in the all commers race?
Who won etc?
Old 19 Jun 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3094952)   #2227
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Morris View Post
Unfortunately a new Steering part which was fitted in the recent build broke hence the car ended in tyre wall, lucky Ian was ok and not a driver error, it was a great shame as Ian was on the pace.
Thats why I wont modify steering columns or brake pedals when they fail it results in a big bang.

Will next years Mini festival have the Mighty and Super Mighty Minis there? that way the Radical races etc can be done away with might be worth getting Rodger Tello involved as he has organised these before. Also a proper Fastest mini race would be good as the public always like to see the monster stuff out there. I dont know why there were not more spaceframes there, a few said they were going but did not materialise. If owners know early enough then they could make it, could be good with the special saloon revival that is going on and with the modern z-cars spaceframes etc.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3094954)   #2228
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
rww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
What happened in the all commers race?
Who won etc?

They didn't get much wrong over the w.e. but in the Allcomers Race and the following champion of Champions race they did. The grid for the Allcomers showed it as a handicap, which no-one was expecting.They got Bill at the back with +40secs but, frankly, got the rest of the grid wrong with a lot of slower lapping cars in the middle and Chris on the front wrong. It appears that once published they have to stick to the grid as printed.They then applied some additional handicapping in the form of extra laps which nobody understood. It was the end of a long w.e and everybody came away a bit bemused by it all and I think Bill was naturally a bit aggrieved especially as he had made such an effort to race at both BH and Lydden. I'm sure they will get it right next year.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3094968)   #2229
mig
Racer

England
Just have a fastest mini race with various classes (spaceframes, migs, BMW minis, supers, modified saloons etc) and be done with it. Everyone remembers the KAD car, Rollcentre Jack Knight cars etc. Spectators want to see fantastic enginered cars with top drivers battling it out not a false race.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3094994)   #2230
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig View Post
Just have a fastest mini race with various classes (spaceframes, migs, BMW minis, supers, modified saloons etc) and be done with it. Everyone remembers the KAD car, Rollcentre Jack Knight cars etc. Spectators want to see fantastic enginered cars with top drivers battling it out not a false race.
Yep they are the ones I used to read about in Miniworld and think one perhaps i could race in that.
Lets try to get that format back.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3095048)   #2231
Cujo
Racer

United Kingdom
(Over) Hairy Hill
Cujo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad everyone had a good weekend, sounds like a great start and hope the 2013 event goes ahead.

Have to agree with the comments on the open race format, I'd be interested in racing in that. Although I think the days of international entries from Japan etc are a thing of the past, thanks to the economic climate.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3095051)   #2232
Cujo
Racer

United Kingdom
(Over) Hairy Hill
Also, combining with the Mighty Minis always produced a good event.

But, always politics with these things I suspect
Old 19 Jun 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3095105)   #2233
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Oxj...ature=youtu.be
Enjoy
Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3095122)   #2234
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Yep they are the ones I used to read about in Miniworld and think one perhaps i could race in that.
Lets try to get that format back.
Tris you had the oportunity to race in three different race at the weekend.
ie: Migs x2 , all commers, and the challange at the end of the day so there was lots of oportunity.
Why do we need yet another format?
Old 20 Jun 2012, 06:34 (Ref:3095257)   #2235
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Quote:
Tris you had the oportunity to race in three different race at the weekend.
ie: Migs x2 , all commers, and the challange at the end of the day so there was lots of oportunity.
Why do we need yet another format?
Im talking about the fastest Mini in the world race (as Leemig mentioned) Rob nothing to do with the weekend format that, you have known for a long time I was not going to do as it clashed with the barc.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3095281)   #2236
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Quote:
Im talking about the fastest Mini in the world race (as Leemig mentioned) Rob nothing to do with the weekend format that, you have known for a long time I was not going to do as it clashed with the barc.
What i was trying to point out Tris is the fact you posted" one you could get involved in "and there is/was already 3 races you could get/have involved in.
The fact you went to Lydden is your personal choice not the fact you did not have a class to race in.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3095285)   #2237
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
RWW the handicaping system at the weekend was ok as it was based on your practise lap time.
Basically it is worked so you all cross the line together, if you look on tsl lap chart it is more understandable. I think Chris had a extra lap to do less my time penalty thats why he was on the front row, compared with me.
I had an email to agree with the handicap system and did not see it as a problem.
In my mind it was no different to the John Taylor system run by SEMSEC over the past years.

I am sure Bill and his crew enjoyed the challange of running between the 2 venues, and it gave Bessy a good test.

To sum it up our team thought it a great weekend and well run with lots of entertainment for family and friends, including a party in the Kentagon saturday night.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3095292)   #2238
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Results of the Brands Allcomers race
1st Sam Summerhayes, 2rd John Meale, 3rd Chris Watkins, 4th Bill Richards,
5thJames Martin, 6th Harvey Death, 7th James Lindridge,8th Robert Morris,
9th Howard Affleck.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3095370)   #2239
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
RWW the handicaping system at the weekend was ok as it was based on your practise lap time.
Basically it is worked so you all cross the line together, if you look on tsl lap chart it is more understandable. I think Chris had a extra lap to do less my time penalty thats why he was on the front row, compared with me.
I had an email to agree with the handicap system and did not see it as a problem.
In my mind it was no different to the John Taylor system run by SEMSEC over the past years.

I am sure Bill and his crew enjoyed the challange of running between the 2 venues, and it gave Bessy a good test.

To sum it up our team thought it a great weekend and well run with lots of entertainment for family and friends, including a party in the Kentagon saturday night.
Hi Rob, It wasn't the handicapping system that we didn't understand but the fact that we didn't know it was a handicap until the grid sheet was published on Sun afternoon. I have a copy of an email(from MSV) that states clearly that the Allcomers Race would NOT be a handicap. Just a problem of communication and, as I said,it will be ironed out for next year and was of little consequence to this.

I couldn't agree more with your comments concerning what an excellent event it was and, like Goodwood, this event could grow into a premier themed event of the year.As has been said it would be good to get the Super/Mighty Mini's on the programme as well, cos you can never get enough of the Classic Mini!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3095411)   #2240
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Richard, im sure MSV will explain as i know they watch this site.I did receive an email on friday on my blackberry asking me if i minded a handicap race this was due to the great variance in speed of the cars entered, so i was not in the dark. James was last on the grid due to the fact they had no practise time for him and not an error.
Like you im sure the all the little things will be ironed out for next year and we look forward in taking part in same.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3095518)   #2241
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why did Harvey Death not use the V8 Cooper S? I was looking forward to see it in action at least it was there to see static though.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3095533)   #2242
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Why did Harvey Death not use the V8 Cooper S? I was looking forward to see it in action at least it was there to see static though.
Pure speculation on my part but it could well have been the speed difference with other competitors. The officials were very concerned that the front row of the Allcomers handicap would come round on the first lap to find near stationary cars still on the grid if they had starting problems.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3095555)   #2243
mig
Racer

England
Quote:
I am sure Bill and his crew enjoyed the challange of running between the 2 venues, and it gave Bessy a good test

Not being there personally I can only comment what I have been told or read.

They did not enjoy Brands on Sunday apparently Bill was told that it was to
be a handicap race as he formed up for it in the assembly area which lets be honist is very Micky Mouse especially as his sponsors had paid good money for a proper race not one that is effectivally a time trial.

As for saying the speed differences were worrying surely this could only be looked at after qualifying as we have all seen power cars turn up and not perform so second guessing speed differences is totally stupid and if it was after qualifying with pole being 11 odd seconds faster then the slowest why was the pre 66 grid not reversed as on qually times the difference is almost the same.

If it was that spaceframes were not wanted then they should have just been told when they tried to enter. Rather then have a silly race.

I think that for this to be a proper celebration of the Mini, all the classes should be there Supers, mightys, Sevens, mod saloons and all the odd balls including spaceframes and Minis with odd engines (bike, Honda, Vauxhall etc) but as Steve K says it always seems to be political when Minis get together (egos maybe).

Thats my bit said and I will not respond further as it will only get into an argument. Anyway of now to prep the Honda for the QMN at Snetterton.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3095660)   #2244
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
When i asked i was told it was brocken.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3095669)   #2245
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
I was told over the weekend by 2 mighty mini drivers there was a big wedding that weekend and half the grid had been invited and entries would have been low,so they declined the invitation , but looked forward with joining in another time.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3096166)   #2246
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mini Festival Photos / Harvey Death V8 Mini

heres some links to my photos from the Mini Festival, was a very good couple of days racing, im looking forward to next years event allready, will be even better if the BRSCC Mighty Minis / Super Mighty Minis can join in

Sat
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7630198277818/

Sun
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7630226658768/

So the Harvey Death V8 was broken, i too was wondering why it didnt run, ive got a few questions about that car actually, it looked like an awesome bit of kit...

the carbon seat was practically in the boot, dash in extended position, push/pull gear lever like btcc etc, engine much further back than standard, F1 location springs at the front, just awesome, what championship was it built for?

I see from the entry lists here
http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/123...ini%20fest.pdf
that it's a 2.6 V8, what sort of bhp does it put out?

I noticed a URL on the car http://www.ultimatemini.co.uk/ but the site is still under construction (since 09 it would seem), there are a few videos but nothing else, but as for the spec / car history etc, would be good to know more about the car

Does anyone know why the results for the Mini Festival 2012 standalone race havent been added to TSL?

Having read the description of the race on the Mini Festival website i was expecting a whole field of silhouette type / special saloons minis for the allcomers race so that was a bit disappointing to say the least, also im not sure how they can call the John Evans mini a "genuine mini" when it had clearly been massivly lightened to the point it was basically imo just a large mini model, still a very impressive feat of strength what he can do though, other than that was a super weekend

i also thought the Mini Challenge memorial race was a very nice idea
Old 22 Jun 2012, 06:29 (Ref:3096232)   #2247
Cujo
Racer

United Kingdom
(Over) Hairy Hill
Whatever that v8 is, it's not a Mini
Old 22 Jun 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3096265)   #2248
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Whatever that v8 is, it's not a Mini
It's a Radical isn't it? Just a different shell thrown over the chassis.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3096267)   #2249
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think its quite as simple as just a radical chassis with a mini body.

Obviously a Radical is a mid engine rear drive machine, while the mini is front engine, i believe front wheel drive.

It did run in the heritage GT series, but was then off the scene for a while, i havent seen it at brands in around 2 years. But its a truly awesome bit of kit.

Simon
Old 22 Jun 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3096356)   #2250
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Yesnomaybe some nice pictures.