Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Aug 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2522021)   #76
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Brabs. He's nearly 50.

Chris
but brabs was not in the car from start.
sharp 51's
brabs 49's
Old 15 Aug 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2522027)   #77
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckadj View Post
but brabs was not in the car from start.
sharp 51's
brabs 49's
I know, I was just being rough on the team. The G d F car was immediately sub 1:50.

Chris
Old 15 Aug 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2522028)   #78
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wonderful, I can watch speedtv.com. First time I get to see ALMS in a while on screen.

Having not seen ALMS and CART for a while, I forgot how great a circuit Road America was.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2522031)   #79
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No lap records eh Hindy? 2:07.073 so far for Dirk in the BMW.

Chris

Not that barnburner I thought it would be, but great session none the less. BMW 1(2:06.950)-2(2:07.073), 3rd for Porsche and Corvette 4-5.

7 tenths between first and fifth. Oh boy!
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2522048)   #80
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BMWs get the front row, Lizards in 3rd and Vettes 4 & 5. Gil seems to have the measure of Brabs today and nabs the pole. Nice to see Marino take 3rd. Too bad Intersport only did 2 laps.

DK
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2522052)   #81
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
P2 qualifying was close, not as close as I thought it would be. Here's hoping for a good race tomorrow. P1 I'm amazed by the gap, what is wrong with Highcroft or what has G d F found?

Chris
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2522060)   #82
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh my!

what's going on Risi car... too far behind M3 at 7th position from GT2 class...
Old 15 Aug 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2522074)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well...so much for Intersport sticking it into the lead early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31
Having not seen ALMS and CART for a while, I forgot how great a circuit Road America was.
it's in my top 3 on earth....it's fantastic!
Old 15 Aug 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2522083)   #84
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Brabs. He's nearly 50.
He will turn 45 on September 5th, he was born in 1965
Old 16 Aug 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2522109)   #85
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
That would make him 44 this year.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2522111)   #86
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Either BMW really did their homework over the Lemans break. Or the fact that corvette has arrived has light a fire under the team. Man those BMW's are fast. Anybody have any straightline speed data of the GT2s. I want to see the ferrari the BMW and the corvette in straightline speed.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2522123)   #87
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
That would make him 44 this year.
Thanks for doing the math.

Chris
Old 16 Aug 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2522125)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well...i'm younger than Brabs.

look at the BMW team operation of Rahal/Letterman, the history of that make in racing, the car itself and the driver lineup. the team has had a turn or two around a track, as has the car and drivers...it was only a matter of time before they started showing some serious pace. yes, the 'vettes have lit a fire under all GT2 teams asses by merely showing up, but we all knew that P&M would bring it and bring it quickly. they've done that and it has upped anny throughout the GT2 paddock, and i like it!

not sure the trap times, but i'd put my money on the 'vette having the straight line speed. merely a SWAG, however.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2522126)   #89
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'd guess that the GT2 top end is somewhere around 165-170mph. I actually wonder if the Ford GT has the best top-end speed. This could be very interesting, at least at the start, with even the Viper within two seconds of the GT2 pole.

I could have sworn Hindy said something about Field approaching 205mph heading into Turn 1; that could make things interesting at Road Atlanta as well if he trims out the car there also.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 02:06 (Ref:2522131)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i wouldn't doubt that the Ford is the quickest in a straight line, with Dave in the car. regardless, i love the way the GT2 is shaking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I could have sworn Hindy said something about Field approaching 205mph heading into Turn 1; that could make things interesting at Road Atlanta as well if he trims out the car there also.
as always.

205!
brakes don't fail me now!
Old 16 Aug 2009, 02:28 (Ref:2522135)   #91
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hindy was talking about Jon's brain, not the car.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 03:06 (Ref:2522142)   #92
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Didn't BMW get a restrictor break two or three races ago that could explain some of the BMW performance now that they put their mind towards pace instead of just development?

Perhaps time to take that break away again?
Old 16 Aug 2009, 05:07 (Ref:2522163)   #93
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Satorian, I very much doubt that those old restrictor breaks apply anymore. Those were the old E46, straight-6-powered cars that ran a few years ago. The E92 M3s with the 4.0-litre V8s are new for this year.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2522174)   #94
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian View Post
Didn't BMW get a restrictor break two or three races ago that could explain some of the BMW performance now that they put their mind towards pace instead of just development?

Perhaps time to take that break away again?
Post Long Beach. They are at #1245 with 2 restrictors @29.8
Here Bulletin #09-11

L.P.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2522341)   #95
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Hindy is on the air.

Chris
Old 16 Aug 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2522354)   #96
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
10:22 : Session is done.

Notables - 37 is back Clint says they changed the motor and the new one feels better than the old one. Reckons Dad could be amongst the leading Acuras in P1 by Canada Corner.

48 car returned to the track, terrible vibration so problems not necessarily passed. A car with a bad vibration, and high CG causing the pendulum effect? Stefan Johansson and Johnny Mowlem will be earning their money.

Potential for rain today. Field split the Acuras. Fernandez led Graf, then the Mazolas. BMWs roll on.

Chris
Old 16 Aug 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2522388)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Notables - 37 is back Clint says they changed the motor and the new one feels better than the old one. Reckons Dad could be amongst the leading Acuras in P1 by Canada Corner.
that would be fun to watch
Old 16 Aug 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2522475)   #98
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hindy is up and the race is about to kick off!!!

L.P.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2522477)   #99
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
green!
oh no panoz in pits
Old 16 Aug 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2522482)   #100
Robert RS
Rookie

Netherlands
Veenendaal
Robert RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not even some Speed Onboard pass footage for this one