Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 9 May 2000, 18:17 (Ref:3459)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After much discussion on the Indy Car section of the forum I would like to propose a single form of open wheel formula designed to produce a true multinational championship.

The cars:
I would suggest the use of something simialr to the current CART or Indy Lights chassis as they readily promote wheel to wheel racing. The cars should use a venturi undertray to assist in downforce and employ wings mainly to adjust turn-in. Tires would be slicks.

The engines:
I think that a normally aspirated 3.0 liter engine package would be the best. I would not allow pneumatic valvetrain in order to help with costs. This should open up the manufactruers battle and allow almost any major manufacturer the latitude to create any 3.0 liter engine combination. Engine materials would be limited to aluminum rods and pistons and forged steel cranks.

The tracks:
I would love to see the following circuits be used in the pursuit of this championship.

Melbourne or Adelaide
Interlagos
Mexico City
Fontana Speedway
Indianapolis 500
Long Beach
Watkins Glen
Silverstone
Jerez
Monaco
Monza
Hockenheim
Austria
Spa Francorchamps
Paul Ricard
South Africa
Suzuka
Motegi
Malaysia

Drivers:
Encourage drivers from as many countries as possible to compete for overall WDC honors. A slight mix of just a few ovals with open road courses and few street courses give the series the complete gamut of circuits. Do not impose small fields of cars.

Teams:
Allow only two car or less teams. Chassis may be purchased from the standard chassis suppliers as long as physical dimensions are met and safety standards are upheld. Limit the data logging employed by teams and limit testing to standard fan accessible days for testing on track.

What do the rest think? Please feel free to offer your own ideas.