Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Dec 2007, 22:28 (Ref:2096370)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DW Explains How Nascar Works

This is a real interesting read by ole DW on how Nascar works. I urge you to read the whole article..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7610838

One thing I don't think many people know is that no race team works for NASCAR. We are not committed to NASCAR. The governing body of the sport provides us a place to race, they provide us with rules, provide us with officials, and they oversee the events. As a matter of fact, back in the day I can remember when we'd be at a race and before we would leave that weekend, usually on Sunday morning, we would go to the back of the big red NASCAR hauler and they take off this week's event schedule off the back of the trailer and they would replace it with a sign that read "Our next event is at ..." Basically, that was their way of saying "Here's where we are going to be next week. If you want, you can join us, we'd love to have you."
Old 30 Dec 2007, 02:33 (Ref:2096415)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So basically the article is DW trying to make NASCAR sound like its somehow different than any other race series, sorry but lots of other series run a similar system I'm sure. How about DW talking about how NASCAR has NO actual interest in leveling the playing field but instituting any rules regarding helping teams compete but limiting the gap between have and have-not/not-willing to blow the budgets. When was the last time a new team managed a good season-long run at anything? And if they truly were independent as he claims then they would not listen to any of NASCAR limits on on-track testing at the tracks during the season. Not quite so independent as he'd have us want to believe.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 05:04 (Ref:2096429)   #3
Sparky7
Rookie

United States
Poconos PA
Sparky7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Benevolent dictatorship indeed. Good read, muggles. Thanks for sharing it.

~~~Barb~~~