Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 16 Oct 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1435373)   #1
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Lost My Father a year ago today

sorry . . .just got a bit sentimental ( drinking his wine! )

Lost my Dad, Pat a year ago today, prematurely to say the least, but he tought me a lot, and left, I hope you'll agree some great memories, the links are pics he took, some old we've recently found ( and theres lots !) and some of his last, on Peters website.

He may be elsewhere but he's most certainly not forgotten, he had a beach buggie with 356 engine when I was born, 1600E's, Scimitars, went racing in his youth occaisionally, did a lot of rallying with the Bognor Regis MC, befreinded many racers and rallyers over the years, wangled press passes for the early Revival meets just to take pictures, and amassed 1000's of photographs over the years.

I have a 1 month old son now who will inherit the tat we've both collected, and hopefully appreciate our collections, from Dinky toys and scalextric to the real thing.

we miss you Dad

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk/...nebuilding.jpg

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk/...%20Photos.html

http://www.mallettracing.co.uk/pab.htm
Old 16 Oct 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1435433)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A very touching thread, this.

As someone who has also lost his own father to cancer in the past year, I know how you must be feeling today.

I'm sure he's watching you and his grandson proudly from somewhere.
Old 17 Oct 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1435867)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A nice tribute to your Dad, Zef. It hurts whatever the cause. Mine died of old age in 1997 (died in Middleton on Sea, just outside Bognor, and also a previous Scimitar owner!) and I still miss him. It must be even worse when they go early! Lovely tribute page on Peter's website. Cherish the good memories.
Old 17 Oct 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1435977)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I do, and thanks. The Big C has a lot to answer for. . . .so do scimitars come to think of it

Those pics from Spa where his last outing, only a few weeks before. we missed it this year because my son arrived ( my bad timing !!!) but we'll all be out there again next year.

I must get some of the Goodwood snaps as well as the older ones up on my site soon
Old 12 Nov 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1459099)   #5
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice thread - I've only just seen it. I lost my mum to cancer when she was 48 years old - 24 years ago this week - you don't stop missing them, but it gets easier.

I think this is you car here at the WHT?? I love the name of your race team!

http://www.gtphotosport.com/wht05/kpk_9518.html
Old 28 Nov 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1471925)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
cool pic . . .thats me alright, getting burnt up by pretty much everything else there !!!
Old 26 Feb 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1531795)   #7
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually I just spotted this tread but I do know where your coming from. My father passed away on the 14th of October 2004 after a battle with cancer. You do get a bit sentimental, at least you have all the good memories to help you through
Old 5 Oct 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1729291)   #8
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sorry I'm posting this out of the blue.

I really have to say what an excellent tribute. I've not lost anyone close to me yet, so I am afraid I don't know how you feel.

But some great pictures and tributes.

R.I.P. Pat.

Robin
Old 7 Oct 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1730824)   #9
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's certainly a horrible experience losing someone so close, especially a parent, to which i can relate.

R.I.P Pat