Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Apr 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3813227)   #1
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink The Le Mans 2018 Worldwide Known Traditional Ten-Tenths Meeting Thread

A nice weather today gives me the idea to start the thread, two months before the event.
We have set the meeting each year since 2003. We had one more great moment last year and we go on again in 2018.
We hope the first timers will join us.

Who : all members are invited, you can come freely with friends or children, it has become a true family meeting.

When : around noon on the Saturday 16th, depending on the official program and races. So 12h00 loc if no other suggestion.

Where : in the village, inside the circuit : here. From the main entrance, take the tunnel which is on your left, turn right after the tunnel and follow the central alley. Turn right before the new large place. It will take place on this pathway, between the main alley of the village and the track.

What : some drinks and food are offered by the locals. But you can also bring anything to share : your own drinks (wine, beer) or regional specialities, cakes...
Could anyone bring a second small table ?

If you cannot bring something for any reason, don't worry, the main goal is to meet all together.

The regulars will answer here to any question from first-timers about how to get there. Check out regularly to not miss any change.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3813289)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've been looking forward to see this thread again
Old 6 Apr 2018, 17:12 (Ref:3813306)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you very much Pascal. It's good to see this thread - as with one or two other things that are starting up, it makes it feel that much closer!
Old 6 Apr 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3813374)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thank you very much Pascal. It's good to see this thread - as with one or two other things that are starting up, it makes it feel that much closer!
It's too early for the weatherthread I think
Old 6 Apr 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3813375)   #5
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to the meet.
Old 6 Apr 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3813376)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
It's too early for the weatherthread I think
Yep, it's too early to talk about so much sunshine........
Old 7 Apr 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3813474)   #7
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yep, it's too early to talk about so much sunshine........
HOWEVER...

I hope that you please please please PLEASE leave the temperatures we had last year off the order book. Anything between 22 and 26 please with the same amount of sunshine.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3813630)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, it was a bit hot, wasn't it? Mind you, I'd rather have that than the other unmentionable thing every other day......
Old 7 Apr 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3813638)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, it was a bit hot, wasn't it? Mind you, I'd rather have that than the other unmentionable thing every other day......
Well knowing that certain "sanctions" might be set in place upon me, I will dare to say that I wouldn't mind the unmentionable thing for a few minuts a' day just to keep the heat down
Old 7 Apr 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3813676)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well knowing that certain "sanctions" might be set in place upon me, I will dare to say that I wouldn't mind the unmentionable thing for a few minuts a' day just to keep the heat down
Wash your mouth out with carbolic immediately Mr. Brix and go stand in the corner of the classroom with a pointy hat on your head!
Old 18 May 2018, 06:55 (Ref:3823170)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
OK not seen many post here for a while, been looking at cheese to buy for the meet last few days, will be taking a big box of biscuits(for cheese) as usual but what are people taking with them for 4 weeks time.
Old 18 May 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3823183)   #12
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
I think that this year i will bring a specialty from my region of Denmark:

Solæg see: here

Think it would do well among cheese and alcoholic brews.

Kenn
Old 18 May 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3823195)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
we will bring our usual drinks with us again, including the special "stroopwafel liquor"
Old 18 May 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3823198)   #14
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a jar of chutney to go with the cheese as usual

Sean
Old 18 May 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3823210)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
we will bring our usual drinks with us again, including the special "stroopwafel liquor"
Oh well that will keep Helen from going thirsty then
Old 18 May 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3823286)   #16
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
For the record, if you do not bring at least two bottles of that stuff with you to Sebring next year I will pretend like I don't know you.
Old 18 May 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3823288)   #17
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Man. Knowing that I won't be there this year I can make myself feel better thinking about how much more comfortable I will be in my recliner, with my big TV and timing screens. But knowing that I won't be there and will miss the meeting, honestly one of the biggest highlights of the race week, that really bums me out. Please spare a thought for us sad souls who have to cross oceans to get there and thus cannot make it every time. I'll surely be thinking of you guys!
Old 18 May 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3823289)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As always we will raise a glass to absent friends
Old 19 May 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3823379)   #19
dominique
Rookie

France
near cognac
dominique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never forget those who can not make a long trip. It's such a pleasure to see each other again each year. I'm really lucky to be at 4 hours from Le Mans and live near the city of Cognac.
Old 19 May 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3823394)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very lucky indeed Dominique!
Old 21 May 2018, 22:48 (Ref:3823863)   #21
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry for the late response, but I'll be there with a certain Texas whiskey for all to enjoy!
Old 21 May 2018, 23:03 (Ref:3823866)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Bring it in a plastic container, otherwise you won't be able to bring it inside the circuit premises.
Old 22 May 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3823918)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Bring it in a plastic container, otherwise you won't be able to bring it inside the circuit premises.
Definitely.......
Attached Thumbnails
212dc639-8196-4bf6-b3ca-3a2256d24504.jpg._CB332359044__SR300,300_.jpg  
Old 22 May 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3823920)   #24
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
Sorry for the late response, but I'll be there with a certain Texas whiskey for all to enjoy!
The TX whiskey ? Fantastic ! It's so tasty and fine. Make sure you can bring it on the circuit or fill a plastic bottle in the worst case.
Old 22 May 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3824104)   #25
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The TX whiskey ? Fantastic ! It's so tasty and fine. Make sure you can bring it on the circuit or fill a plastic bottle in the worst case.
Plastic...got it. I'll be fully prepared.