Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jan 2001, 23:27 (Ref:56133)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is the support package looking a bit weak?, I always thought the fiestas were really cool, its a shame they have gone to Powertour.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 12:30 (Ref:56243)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is weak... even TOCA have acknowledged that. I'll be interested to see what guest serioes are invited..

But it won't be enough to fill 2 days - I won't be there on Saturdays, for 3 hours of touring car practice alone... no thanks.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 17:37 (Ref:56298)   #3
GURRYP
Racer

GURRYP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Don't worry about that lack of support races, they've planned cybernet cafes, car displays & other, yet to be announced attractions etc etc etc to keep you entertained.

WUPPEE !!

Old 5 Jan 2001, 19:02 (Ref:56313)   #4
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe there should be more support races fot the touring cars. It's very likely to historics. Maybe I should sent an insult message to them .That should do the trick.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 09:33 (Ref:56526)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've always believed that Historic Touring Cars (classic saloons) are the best support at a Touring Car meeting.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 09:53 (Ref:56535)   #6
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
i liked the historic touring cars, especially the ford mustangs. I don't know why they are not in the support package, even though I feel that it should have been.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 11:31 (Ref:56559)   #7
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of times now i have heard stories of 3 hours of BTCC practice on the Saturday. I know there are now two series within one, so to speak, but how are they going to pad out 3 hours of practice.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 12:47 (Ref:56591)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's only Mr Friel who's been going on about that There will be qualifying, etc. for the other series too, i'm sure...

Oh, and there is quite a discussion on the merits of the TOCA Tour going on in the Trackside forum on this site.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 12:49 (Ref:56592)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Larsen
i liked the historic touring cars, especially the ford mustangs. I don't know why they are not in the support package, even though I feel that it should have been.
This is one question i'll leave to our resident histric touring car racers, but maybe it had something to do with them upstaging their modern relatives ?

Why not pop by the Racing History forum and ask ?
Old 6 Jan 2001, 13:29 (Ref:56605)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
well

Why don't they have a support race series, where owners of old touring cars (pre 94') can race?
Old 6 Jan 2001, 13:55 (Ref:56624)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
As I say, they're worried about being upstaged by the support race... though they do let the Clios on the same bill which kinda has the same effect...
Old 6 Jan 2001, 14:26 (Ref:56643)   #12
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking both FFord and the Fiestas out of the support has definately weakened it in my opinion! The guest race idea is ok if we get decent races in, rather than Pickup trucks and some local junior Formula Ford series.

The best last year for my money was seeing the Thoroughbred GP going round Brands GP circuit.
Old 7 Jan 2001, 13:57 (Ref:57022)   #13
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
This is my idea, why not the Formula Saloons. We can see the ex Super Tourers. I heard the racing was supposed to be excellant.

Old 8 Jan 2001, 19:09 (Ref:57391)   #14
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGP cars were simply awesome.. Stretton sliding his Tyrell through Dingle Dell was amazing.

Formula Saloons are very good - have seen them several times over the last few seasons, only ever seen one bad race, last year at Zolder. But try to see them, a good mix of cars.
Old 8 Jan 2001, 20:59 (Ref:57436)   #15
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay Dan, just for you