Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3035004)   #151
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ferrari aren't sandbagging. Apparently the front suspension system doesn't work and it maybe a fundamental design flaw....
This 2012 Ferrari pull rod suspension always had one major concern for me:

With a carefully designed push rod systems, the force vectors of the push rod can be aligned with the tyre contact patch in both the fore-aft and lateral planes, therefore no bump input will result in moments which act to change camber and caster angles. With pull rod suspension it is not possible to align the force vectors in this way, so the result might be that the tyre contact patch effectively moves around with suspension movement and - although I haven't done a mathematical check - I suspect with roll angle too.

This would give a very un-nerving feeling to the driver and may cause tyre wear issues too, particularly with the softer tyres and heavily grooved wets. We shall see.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3035027)   #152
Truenorth
Rookie

Canada
Northern Alberta
Truenorth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first post here is not my first post. I have appeared on Speed, Ferrari, and a private Tifosi board. Some of us got dumped from the Speed chat, formed a new group and they told me about this site.

If the fall is the silly season, then the pre-season might be called, with respect rather than derision, the Lying and Deceiving Season. Apart from building fast cars, deception of everyone is one of the great skills of our heroes.

Forza Scuderia Ferrari
Old 4 Mar 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3035035)   #153
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth View Post
My first post here is not my first post. I have appeared on Speed, Ferrari, and a private Tifosi board. Some of us got dumped from the Speed chat, formed a new group and they told me about this site.

If the fall is the silly season, then the pre-season might be called, with respect rather than derision, the Lying and Deceiving Season. Apart from building fast cars, deception of everyone is one of the great skills of our heroes.

Forza Scuderia Ferrari
I hope they are just deceiving everyone but there have been a lot of reports that the ferraris were showing very inconsistant behaviour through the corners.... maybe these so called 'eyewitnesses' are also on Ferraris payroll?
Old 4 Mar 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3035067)   #154
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to Ten-Tenths, Truenorth. I hope you enjoy posting here. It's a great forum.

As someone who doesn't like Ferrari, I know you'd be foolish to ever write them off pre-season. This is a stagnant time for us viewers who can only speculate. When the flag drops..

However, Ferrari said they were going to make a more revolutionary car (or words to that effect) and they've got a complicated one. Perhaps they just haven't unlocked its pace yet.