Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3035310)   #276
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
And here is the Marussia:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97850

Looks quite nice! Avoided the silly nose...

Selby
There could be a McLaren influence there as they have a contract with Mclaren Applied Technologies. I hope it goes well for them.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3035312)   #277
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i like it, the paintjob could have been a bit more interesting but it's a nice simple straightforward car. i could hug them for not having a steppy nose
Old 5 Mar 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3035313)   #278
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh, they certainly havn't done much to move away from the Virgin branding, have they? I was expecting more white and blue in there.

I'm never sure why they teams don't want to create more of an identity for themselves.

Sauber, for instance. Everyone seems to remember them as the team with the cyan and blue scheme, yet they still look like a beaten up BMW

Why not even hark back to the all black livery? No one's doing that. It'll stand out nicely, which essentially is what they want to do, right? (surely at least from a sponsor's perspective).

Selby
Old 5 Mar 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3035326)   #279
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://twitpic.com/8save2 The HRT F112 according to @zwelethunondumo on Twitter. Interesting nose, it slopes down dramatically from the front wheels rather than just having the step then being flat (as with all the other "new" noses).
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3035338)   #280
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't that just a shot of last years car? I thought Karthikeyan was going to be doing the 'filming run' today & its definately de la Rosa driving that...

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3035342)   #281
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst View Post
Isn't that just a shot of last years car? I thought Karthikeyan was going to be doing the 'filming run' today & its definately de la Rosa driving that...
Yes I think it is actually - I couldn't exactly remember what last year's HRT looked like when posting the picture but looking at pictures of it now, it did have the same low, sloping downwards nose as the picture I posted. Apologies.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3035345)   #282
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the number 23 it has some of that new gold signwriting they used on their motorhome.

Last edited by Born Racer; 5 Mar 2012 at 13:07.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:54 (Ref:3035359)   #283
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They were at the first test in Jerez is that where the photos were taken?
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3035361)   #284
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DLR drove in testing at Jerez last month. Have a glance at the Jerez gallery on the Autosport site.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3035367)   #285
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah yes. But no 2012 chassis.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3035385)   #286
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Marussia and HRT are doing some running with their new cars today.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3035482)   #287
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3035909)   #288
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say the HRT is well presented and i place it 2nd to the Mclaren in the best dressed comp this season, will be interesting to see if it goes as well as it looks.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3035949)   #289
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
I have to say the HRT is well presented and i place it 2nd to the Mclaren in the best dressed comp this season, will be interesting to see if it goes as well as it looks.
It does look good but then we probably already know the answer to that one before it's even turned a wheel.....
Old 6 Mar 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3035962)   #290
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you're kidding, right? look at the photo from the other thread here from the front. it looks like a crime against graphic design.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3036045)   #291
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I like it!

Acquired taste, perhaps.

Selby
Old 6 Mar 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3036095)   #292
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Have HRT hired Stevie Wonder to design their livery?
Old 6 Mar 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3036102)   #293
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Stevie also came up with the original design for the chassis, but it was pointed out to him that the wheels were too small, there were too many buttons of one colour, and that it would forever need re-tuning every time it did a lap of the track.

However, HRT have now taken Stevie's hit song "Don't Worry 'bout a Thing" to be it's team anthem.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3036135)   #294
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Marussia have passed their final crash test so they are now ready to head down under.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97877