Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Feb 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3019811)   #26
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sky sports story missing too
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7467619/

May have been off the record quote
Old 1 Feb 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3019815)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post

May have been off the record quote
Indeed. It's entirely possible that at least one McLaren employee has had a bit of a talking to in the last 24 hours.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3019847)   #28
kimbo
Rookie

England
West Sussex
kimbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Indeed. It's entirely possible that at least one McLaren employee has had a bit of a talking to in the last 24 hours.
Martin Whitmarsh made a kind of oblique referance to the effect that 'some employees are somewhat better informed than others' during the new car launch - maybe connected to the above?
Kim
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3019859)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I don't suppose that it's going to go down too well with your team that you've pointed out that your car is a bit 'iffy' and that Vettel is actually quicker than your own drivers.
So maybe, as oppossed to spending extra millions on the car, Mac ought to just buy Vettel out of his contract
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3019865)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
McLaren yet to work out Neweys secret according to Mark Hughes.

[disclaimer]Please be advised that that link will take you to Sky Sports, so those forum members who want nothing to do with Murdoch's evil empire should not click, you have been warned!!!! [/disclaimer]
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3019869)   #31
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It's ok, looking at the link doesn't involve giving the ***** any money
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3019872)   #32
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
So maybe, as oppossed to spending extra millions on the car, Mac ought to just buy Vettel out of his contract
Or pay another visit to a photocopy shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
McLaren yet to work out Neweys secret according to Mark Hughes.

[disclaimer]Please be advised that that link will take you to Sky Sports, so those forum members who want nothing to do with Murdoch's evil empire should not click, you have been warned!!!! [/disclaimer]

Maybe the 'real' McLaren car is the one that was talked about in the 'missing link'?
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3019877)   #33
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post

It's ok, looking at the link doesn't involve giving the ***** any money
But the advertirsers do pay Murdoch's empire, so it does make good him.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3019878)   #34
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
But the advertirsers do pay Murdoch's empire, so it does make good him.
adblock plus

Old 2 Feb 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3020356)   #35
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Even if you don't watch the ads, the ads are loaded and Murdoch gets paid. Only you know you aren't watching the ads.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3020506)   #36
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Even if you don't watch the ads, the ads are loaded and Murdoch gets paid. Only you know you aren't watching the ads.
I don't like to argue but the http requests for the ads are sent by the web browser based on code included in the html of the web page, just like any image/video etc... ad blockers work by detecting which code calls the ads and either removing it before the browser renders the page, suppressing the requests or generating an artificial response which comes from the adblocker software rather than the advertiser so the ads are not viewed and becuase you don't have to wait for them you get a faster browsing experience too.

I don't use an ad blocker personally but I know how they work becuase I earn my daily crust by developing web applications.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3020540)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought this thread was about the hugely controversial new McLaren with all those.....hugely controversial......bits that it.....might have.......

Still, I suppose blocking ads is probably more interesting......
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3020550)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I thought this thread was about the hugely controversial new McLaren with all those.....hugely controversial......bits that it.....might have.......
Well, they did have plenty of time to take'em off, after someone had pointed out to us, albeit fleetingly, that they might actually be something worth talking about. As it is, the McLaren is something of a disappointment in its current state.

Someone put an image of the Caterham on the web (can't find it now) in McLaren colours, and it actually looked much more purposeful than the real thing. Maybe the McLaren looks more of an 'aggressive' design in green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Still, I suppose blocking ads is probably more interesting......
It is at the moment.

Last edited by Marbot; 2 Feb 2012 at 18:36.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3020558)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, blocking ads is controversial !
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3020620)   #40
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
In my defence I would point out this...
<-------

When a site is forward thinking enough to provide a way to view it without ads I'm more than happy to pay for the privilege. If only more places were as flexible (I'm looking at you, Digital Spy....).

</shameless plug/crawl to the mods>

I never thought that one little post was going to cause McLaren levels of controversy! Oh, wait...

Naburu - in my case the ads won't get loaded even without that particular measure, there's no place like 127.0.0.1

And on topic...

Surely there will be much controversy over the slightly taller rear wing endplates! This should be banned forthwith!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3020892)   #41
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it the case that, as long as Formula 1 isn't fully-standardized, any car is set to cause some sort of 'controversy'?
Old 3 Feb 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3020897)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think that's what the media boys would like us to believe, yes........
Old 3 Feb 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3020951)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
So far it would seem that the only controversy being caused is one of McLaren not actually being controversial. Quite the opposite in fact.

I await the launch of the Red Bull to see just how uncontroversial McLaren have been.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3021029)   #44
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So far the McLaren is controversial in the sense that it lacks the ugly nose.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3021053)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it's a bloody disgrace that a team like McLaren should be allowed to even think of introducing a new F1 car which is completely lacking in controversy. I'm disgusted that the FIA have kowtowed to this team in such a blatant way. We can only hope that this initial indication proves to be as far-fetched as it sounds and that the controversy we know and respect F1 for will make itself known before the sport's reputation suffers any further......
Old 3 Feb 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3021088)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I'm sure that normal service will be resumed at some time before the first race.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3021159)   #47
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did anyone notice the hole in the fron of the MP4-27's nose, I suspect the air entering it has some effect on the front wing but what, or is it simply to keep Lewis cool?!?!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3021181)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While the above post is probably just to make the comment about Louise I'll comment just in case:

These vents have been standard for quite a few years now.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3021272)   #49
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
So far the McLaren is controversial in the sense that it lacks the ugly nose.
It's a disgrace! :P
Old 4 Feb 2012, 00:43 (Ref:3021287)   #50
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
While the above post is probably just to make the comment about Louise I'll comment just in case:

These vents have been standard for quite a few years now.
Precisely...