Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 1 Mar 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3715581)   #626
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The Spice replica sold at Stoneleigh (Autocar + Kamasa) is claimed to be the former winner of the Masters 2008 pedaled by Henry Mann, then by John Young and Emmanuele Pirro in 2014, then at Goodwood in 2016 with Young/ Steve Soper according to the Silverstone Auctions catalogue.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3715583)   #627
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes that's the one. I recall in 2098 they said it cost £75k to build.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3715610)   #628
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Peter, it sounds quite a lot of money but its quite a lot of work too. I've been told that some recently built costed around 100 K. My opinion is because it was sold for 89K, its the market price for a good one with clear history.
From the pic taken under the engine bay I'm convinced this one has a Holley carb' but not sure about the manifold, either a genuine one modified or may be a Swaymar. The advert says Grp 1 but doesn't mention any http. It can be seen on their website, rubrique past auctions, then Race Retro then competition. You'll be better than I am to spot anything else, apart form the relocated battery(in place of the passenger seat, so not compliant in Grp1 because we have to keep a passenger seat, original or homologated I guess).
Old 1 Mar 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3715615)   #629
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ooh were to start.

Apart from the battery location which should remain as original the car appeared to be, when I last saw it, a BSCC Group 1.5 car. No need for passenger seat.

I suspect the carb is a 48ida which was the weapon of choice in period.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3715627)   #630
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Peter, if you say its a IDA I'll go for it relying on you. On the mentioned picture its hard for me to see clearly because the strut brace hides a large portion of the engine. Couldn't guess if this one has been moved back either.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3716191)   #631
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your right Gerard, looks like a 2 Barrel Holley, and thanks for your comments in post 618, will be out again soon but as I'm older and slower I now need a V8 in the Capri
Old 15 Apr 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3726487)   #632
FormuleA3
Rookie

Netherlands
Rinsumageast
FormuleA3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon Spice Car 1978 ?

Hello Guy's.

Who helps ?

I own this car from 2003 and I am looking for historic information of the car.

There is my told that it is a ex Gordon Spice Car and the car has raced in the 1978 24 hrs of Spa.

I know an old owner of the car and he has it bought in 1988-1989 from a engineer who worked by Carly Motor's from Zoetermeer in the Netherlands.

He told me that it is a ex Belga car and it was from the team of Michel de Deyne with the drivers Frank de Caluwe and Teddy Pilete.

The car is from 1978, T hats for sure.

I am looking for information for the period 1978 -1988.

Who help's ?
Attached Thumbnails
DD-98-GN-00719-kl.JPG   DD-98-GN-00720-kl.JPG   DSC04697-kl.JPG  

DD-98-GN-00724-kl.JPG   DSC04685-kl.JPG   DSC04693-kl.JPG  

Old 15 Apr 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3726631)   #633
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormuleA3 View Post
Hello Guy's.

Who helps ?

I own this car from 2003 and I am looking for historic information of the car.

There is my told that it is a ex Gordon Spice Car and the car has raced in the 1978 24 hrs of Spa.

I know an old owner of the car and he has it bought in 1988-1989 from a engineer who worked by Carly Motor's from Zoetermeer in the Netherlands.

He told me that it is a ex Belga car and it was from the team of Michel de Deyne with the drivers Frank de Caluwe and Teddy Pilete.

The car is from 1978, T hats for sure.

I am looking for information for the period 1978 -1988.

Who help's ?
Great stuff thanks for joining and introducing us to your car.
Is there a CC chassis no. plate anywhere in the engine bay/frame?
A '78 car is likely to be a single digit such as CC5 or CC7 for example...
Old 20 Apr 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3727983)   #634
FormuleA3
Rookie

Netherlands
Rinsumageast
FormuleA3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CC chassis no. plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Great stuff thanks for joining and introducing us to your car.
Is there a CC chassis no. plate anywhere in the engine bay/frame?
A '78 car is likely to be a single digit such as CC5 or CC7 for example...
Where is the CC chassis no. plate to find ?
Old 20 Apr 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3728002)   #635
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
chunterer, it looks like it has a Ford plate riveted on the slam panel and a "cold" number on the inner sill. May be a road going car then converted dont you think so? Or a leichtbau bare shell fitted later with numbers to have it road registered…
I'm surprised by the huge part linking the rear sway bar to the axle.
FormuleA3, any other pic detailing the roll bar and the front suspension?
Old 21 Apr 2017, 13:41 (Ref:3728186)   #636
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
It looks a bit agricultural compared to the new ones that are currently being used but that may just be a function of age.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3728216)   #637
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Peter, did you have the opportunity to watch under the "new ones" when at Goodwood? I was wondering how Ric managed to keep the axle moving freely up and down keeping the arb its main purpose.
I didnt dare the word agricultural… but I often refer the Essex as being Massey Ferguson inspired!!
Old 9 Aug 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3758425)   #638
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
James Vickers has entered CC13 into the September 6th RM Sotheby's auction in London.

http://www.rmsothebys.com/lf17/londo...roup-1/1704830
Old 9 Aug 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3758473)   #639
SeanMarks77
Rookie

SeanMarks77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Capri Racing Car

Hi, if you are a Capri fan why don"t you check these that are for sale? They are in excellent condition and a bit of a bargain too, in my opinion.

Here they are:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...p2045573.m1684

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...6_udhi%3D19001

Cheers
Sean
Old 9 Aug 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3758476)   #640
SeanMarks77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
chunterer, it looks like it has a Ford plate riveted on the slam panel and a "cold" number on the inner sill. May be a road going car then converted dont you think so? Or a leichtbau bare shell fitted later with numbers to have it road registered…
Check these two bad boys out

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5338164440&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fb%2FFord-Capri-Classic-Cars%2F29751%2Fbn_55183162%3F_udlo%3D18999%26_udhi%3D19001

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5338164440&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.ht ml%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2047675.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.XFORD%2BCAPRI.TRS0%26_nkw%3DFORD%2B CAPRI%26_sacat%3D0
Old 10 Aug 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3758567)   #641
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
James Vickers has entered CC13 into the September 6th RM Sotheby's auction in London.

http://www.rmsothebys.com/lf17/londo...roup-1/1704830
Oh that's a shame, I guess needs must? Great investment for someone?

The 'Gauloises' car didn't sell at the Silverstone auction I see?
I don't understand the summary that it was a Spa car but then appeared in the 1987 Willhire driven by Alex Rogan?!
Old 10 Aug 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3758568)   #642
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMarks77 View Post
Hi, if you are a Capri fan why don"t you check these that are for sale? They are in excellent condition and a bit of a bargain too, in my opinion.

Here they are:

Cheers
Sean
Sean, one link goes to a blank page and the other one doesn't work!

Is one of them the red car that I saw on there recently?
Old 10 Aug 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3758572)   #643
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Oh that's a shame, I guess needs must? Great investment for someone?
Yes indeed needs must. I'd be tempted but I'm already all "carred" up.

Quote:
The 'Gauloises' car didn't sell at the Silverstone auction I see?
I don't understand the summary that it was a Spa car but then appeared in the 1987 Willhire driven by Alex Rogan?!
Yes that was a surprise. The car, as I understand it, was bought as a going concern by Alex who then returned it to "Road Saloon" spec and ran it in a guest class at the Willhire.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3758573)   #644
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes indeed needs must. I'd be tempted but I'm already all "carred" up.

Yes that was a surprise. The car, as I understand it, was bought as a going concern by Alex who then returned it to "Road Saloon" spec and ran it in a guest class at the Willhire.
Right that make bit more sense now, thanks mate

there was another interesting car in that auction that didn't sell which I will bring up in it's own thread.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 23:22 (Ref:3758694)   #645
SeanMarks77
Rookie

Quote:

Here they are:

Cheers
Sean

Hi, sorry about that I will try and send you another one.

Cheers
Sean
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3758889)   #646
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Hi, sorry about that I will try and send you another one.

Cheers
Sean
Please do....
Old 11 Aug 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3758896)   #647
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
In fairness one of those looks great but it is not a competition built CC Racing car.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3760593)   #648
SeanMarks77
Rookie

Quote:
Please do....
Hi, thanks for waiting. Here it is:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...YAAOSwz71ZPYwp
Old 20 Aug 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3760605)   #649
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Hi, thanks for waiting. Here it is:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...YAAOSwz71ZPYwp
Lovely but not a CC Mk3 comp car.
Old 7 Sep 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3765156)   #650
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
CC13 was sold at auction yesterday. Don't know what it went for, it was listed as £90k - £120k, but I understand the new owner is a racer.

Tags
andy rouse, belga, belgian touring cars, broadspeed, capri mk3, cc motorsport, cc racing development, chris craft, dave cook, equipe esso, gordon spice, group 1, group 1 capri, group 1.5, jeff allam, jonathan buncombe, martin brothers, neil brown, pete clark, spa 24 hours, swindon engines, tricentrol, vince woodman