Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3128242)   #51
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Why aren't Dyson out there for the Warm-Up? You'd think they would want track time out on the (hopefully) final iteration of the track.

(There isn't some sort of protest going on, is there?)

EDIT: I assume the other Viper was a full write-off, and we'll just have to wait for VIR to see a #91 again?

Last edited by Purist; 1 Sep 2012 at 14:50.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3128243)   #52
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The chicane is a necessary addition but I almost like the tires better than the curbs. It presents more of a visual obstacle.
I wish they didn't use as many tires vertically as it blocks the camera angle of the cars coming down the straight. The cars are hidden while behind the tires and I feel like I'm missing some good action as the cars and drivers make their moves to all get through the chicane.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3128245)   #53
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Also meant to ask, didn't all those tires used in the chicane have stickers on them?
Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3128247)   #54
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
V8 Supercars have some of these tire bundle setups, and I think a lot of the camera angles they use to cover them are from a higher vantage point than the cameras here. So, the tires don't interfere nearly as much with the view of the cars.

Also, there seems to be some camera dead space or blind spots (sort of) on the main straight, but particularly along the straight from Turn 4 to Turn 5.

EDIT: Cyber, yes, I think the tires used yesterday had stickers on them.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3128248)   #55
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Why aren't Dyson out there for the Warm-Up? You'd think they would want track time out on the (hopefully) final iteration of the track.

(There isn't some sort of protest going on, is there?)
With Baltimore...I don't know if I'd call it "the final iteration" until the green waves. Baltimore brings a new definition to 'moving chicane'....although it's not quite the Keystone Cops act it was last year. That was painful....all the sitting around. How many times can you tell a youngin' to polish the cars again...and stay busy.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3128251)   #56
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Also meant to ask, didn't all those tires used in the chicane have stickers on them?
Now that you bring that up, I know last year every tire I saw that was used for some type of barrier was new and had a sticker on it...they might have been Conti...I thought it was strange too.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3128252)   #57
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22 View Post
With Baltimore...I don't know if I'd call it "the final iteration" until the green waves. Baltimore brings a new definition to 'moving chicane'....although it's not quite the Keystone Cops act it was last year. That was painful....all the sitting around. How many times can you tell a youngin' to polish the cars again...and stay busy.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3128340)   #58
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pat Long to drive the 44 as well as the 45 today Neiman injured his arm this morning.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3128341)   #59
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Already I was wondering but Motors TV fixed the time now correctly:

LIVE on Motors TV and Motors TV UK: 22:15 / 21:15

Ah, I was wondering why MotorsTV kept showing Best of Crash and V8 SuperCar replays when the ALMS coverage was supposed to start. That explains it, thanks
Old 1 Sep 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3128417)   #60
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Ah, I was wondering why MotorsTV kept showing Best of Crash and V8 SuperCar replays when the ALMS coverage was supposed to start. That explains it, thanks
Hope the livestream works this time...
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3128440)   #61
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Pat Long to drive the 44 as well as the 45 today Neiman injured his arm this morning.
...Flying Lizard 1-2 possibly? Very interesting!! Could pat be the first GT racer to stand on the podium twice. Get two trophies
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3128442)   #62
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I liked the Curbs better than the tires. The issue now is every time someone hits and dislodges the tires there will be a safety car.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3128445)   #63
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
The stream is running for the race.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3128464)   #64
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anybody else having sound issues w/espn3?

BTW, a friend of mine who is there said the crowd is about 1/3 of last year. And 2-4 inches of rain are in the forecast for Sunday. :boogity:
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3128469)   #65
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Terrible start for streaming and drivers alike lol
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3128471)   #66
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

BTW, a friend of mine who is there said the crowd is about 1/3 of last year. And 2-4 inches of rain are in the forecast for Sunday. :boogity:
this isn't surprising. I went last year but did not feel a need to go this year. Alot of people probably felt like me.

Paul Miller Porsche in 2nd place GT??
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3128473)   #67
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Standard turn 1 carnage. Big hit for the #55 BMW into the back of a PC car. Quite a few will have damage after that. Marsal went too deep in the Dyson car to spark the whole thing off.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3128474)   #68
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

Tickets didn't go on sale until like 3 weeks ago ,and they jacked prices up over double what they were a year prior. I bailed on it this year.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3128476)   #69
Articus
Veteran

Incident really all sparked by the Dyson #20
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3128480)   #70
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do we need the flags explained to us every weekend?

Anyone not know what a chicane is?

Whats next? Gonna explain to us that a car has 4 wheels and an engine??
Old 1 Sep 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3128489)   #71
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chris Dyson is terrible.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3128490)   #72
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You have to be impressed by DHH. Progressing with every lap he turns it's really been a pleasure to watch this year. He's just forced his way past Chris Dyson in a P1 car. He's certainly a gentleman driver I'd like on my team.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3128492)   #73
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Chris Dyson is terrible.
Seriously embarrassing. Loses 20 seconds to Muscle Milk in the span of 4 green flag laps and holds up P2 cars.

Edit: 6 seconds a lap slower than the top p2 car, while running in P1 Machinery. Ouch
Old 1 Sep 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3128493)   #74
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
You have to be impressed by DHH. Progressing with every lap he turns it's really been a pleasure to watch this year. He's just forced his way past Chris Dyson in a P1 car. He's certainly a gentleman driver I'd like on my team.
What impressive driving from him!! I can't say enough. The guy is commited!
Old 1 Sep 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3128495)   #75
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its as if American tv coverage is all about adverts, then the actual show you want to watch is an after though. Sometimes when you show racing its nice to show cars for more than 1 minute at a time.

Cars for 1 minute
Ahhhhhh Michelin time
Some more cars
Ahhhh today we will teach you flags
Cars for 1 min
Porsche history lesson time.
Cars for 1 min
AD BREAK
Cars for 15 seconds
Flying Lizard Porsche radio tech advert thing time
Cars for 1 minute
Back to Michelin!

Repeat.

Yes a bit over the top and i know they have to pay the bills but its so annoying.