Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Feb 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2141037)   #1
Speedman
Rookie

Northern Ireland
Speedman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP2 winner in 2008 LMS

Don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait to see the great turnout of Prototypes in this year's LMS.

I'm especially excited by the prospect of the new arrivals in LMP2, and will be supporting the 2 Embassy Racing cars. Great drivers and great team. They will, of course, be kept honest by the many other undoubtably fast and able machinery.

So who's going to come out on top in LMP2 at the end of the series?

Love to hear your thoughts.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2141048)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Porsche RS Spyder.

Which team? I hope the purple car.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2141053)   #3
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that we will see one of the Porsche RS Spyders winning the championship also.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2141067)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I wouldn't be surprised if RML did it with their new areo and engine.
Verschuur and Essex are new to the whole endurance-thing and Horag's driver duo is -while reasonably fast - not the absolute cream of this years LMP2 crop.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2141070)   #5
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Embassy please. Their commitment is undoubted and I hope the machine lives up to their hopes. It is easy (for those who are wedged up) to buy a car...but to make a fast one that you can call your own is something special. Good luck.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2141073)   #6
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RML for me, one of my favorite teams of the moment.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2141089)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RML for me too.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2141100)   #8
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Essex Porsche.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2141101)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My heart says Embassy, but my head says RML.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2141122)   #10
Speedman
Rookie

Northern Ireland
Speedman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
My heart says Embassy, but my head says RML.
Yes, you can never write off Mr Erdos and the RML team. Also agree that if the Porsches perform anywhere near what they've managed in ALMS it will be very interesting. As I said, can't wait.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2141177)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
see above...

Phil Barker and his crew are in the top 3 of sportscar racing and amongst the best in the world. Thats RML's secret
Old 29 Feb 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2141189)   #12
wapomumalo
Rookie

Spain
Galiza
wapomumalo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Horag Porsche is on top of my wishes...not far away from the Welter latest jewel, now with a Zytec engine I´m suspicious they won´t miss the Peugeot Turbo engine.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2141206)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Wapomumalo beat me to it on the side root for the WR - and I think they could pull off the odd surprising result.

Over a season though - betting against RML is never wise, Barazi have a car that's more than capable of doing it, Embassy really appeal as a squad but I worry about the two car effort, and I'll be really interested in what the Pescarolo can do. I suspect the Kruse effort last year wasn't representative of what we'll see this year.

RS Spyders? Sure, they'll be fast, but Dyson last year showed that they take a bit of getting used to, and six hours is a long time to keep getting things right when you've got a quality field like there is this year.

Roll on Ricard and Barcelona...
Old 29 Feb 2008, 23:51 (Ref:2141244)   #14
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RML please. A year to early for Embassy, and I'd argue the same for the Spyders- there will be bugs, and if they happen, it will take the teams a while to work out where they are. RML know that stuff inside out.
Old 1 Mar 2008, 00:15 (Ref:2141253)   #15
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
RML please. A year to early for Embassy, and I'd argue the same for the Spyders- there will be bugs, and if they happen, it will take the teams a while to work out where they are. RML know that stuff inside out.
yep. i would bet porsches spyders if penske racing go there, but...

no binnie too

i bet RML too..
Old 1 Mar 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2141294)   #16
alwayswatching
Rookie

alwayswatching should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wapomumalo
The Horag Porsche is on top of my wishes...not far away from the Welter latest jewel, now with a Zytec engine I´m suspicious they won´t miss the Peugeot Turbo engine.
I believe you will see the same scenario with the customer Spyders in LMS, as is the case with the Dyson customer Spyders in ALMS................ain't quite the same as the factory Penske Spyders.

In which case, whoever has a reliable proven package will come out tops.
Old 4 Mar 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2144304)   #17
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my heart definetely says either trading performance or epsilon zytek's but my head wants the quifel ASM lola AER to win.
Old 4 Mar 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2144326)   #18
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Van Merksteijn Motorsport Porsche RS Spyder looked very impressive in the HTTT Test and would by my prediction for LMP2 Champion.

DK
Old 4 Mar 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2144429)   #19
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My affiliations say RML but they need to be on the ball, those RS Spyders are blindingly quick! As to the Porsche's reliability issues, i feel they sorted those out in the ALMS last year so they will be a very reconable force, just dont know how much the teams that are running them know the car. The Embassy sounds good but yet to see how they run so reserve judgement until that happens.

So Im with RML for the win again! Could be a vintage year for LMP2!
Old 4 Mar 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2144447)   #20
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My heart says ASM obviously, but my head says that the extremely competitive LMP2 class is dead, and Porsche (my favourite constructor) will do whatever they like in every single one round, unfortunately...

... but i still hope that my head gets wrong, and we continue to see that exciting races is the LMP2 that we have seen is this lasts years!!!
Old 4 Mar 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2144489)   #21
f-lot
Rookie

f-lot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
The Van Merksteijn Motorsport Porsche RS Spyder looked very impressive in the HTTT Test and would by my prediction for LMP2 Champion.
DK
Although as a Dutchman (and verstappen fan), I'd love to see it take the title, I'm not so sure.

Remember that those fast times were set by Jeroen Bleekemolen and Jos Verstappen, and van Merksteijn apparently was quite a bit slower.

Although I can't find it now, I remember reading that at least the first half of the season, Jeroen won't be driving at all (other commitments).

Team Essex or Horag could beat them by having a more closely matched set of drivers. Could anyone shed some light on the relative competitiveness of the other teams drivers?
Old 4 Mar 2008, 22:29 (Ref:2144510)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-lot
Could anyone shed some light on the relative competitiveness of the other teams drivers?
The Team Essex pair are the quickest driver combination in a Spyder, but that car is on Dunlops (although it should still be the car to beat).
Old 4 Mar 2008, 22:46 (Ref:2144521)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The Team Essex pair are the quickest driver combination in a Spyder, but that car is on Dunlops (although it should still be the car to beat).
...........and the car to beat them is the number 45.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 06:50 (Ref:2144679)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That wouldnt be the WF-01 , Kane -Hughes , James , now would it ?

Thats who im shouting for !!!
Old 5 Mar 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2144926)   #25
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe later in the season but cannot see the WF challenging early in the season as they have missed too much running time imo!

Do we know how good the relative teams are who run the Porsches are at say pitstops ? Just as an example last year Barazi lost lots of track time because their driver changes were slow to say the least!!