Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3041676)   #1726
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Finally got round to finding my sky details to log onto Sky go and the Formula 1 channel isn't listed as a channel to view ?
hmmm.....it's definitely listed on my Sky go devices. Have you definitely got HD or Sky Sports 1 & 2 ?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3041681)   #1727
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nobody has noticed my point...Sky's Subscription is a Bargain in comparison to going to the Grand Prix and will no doubt be far better (IMHO) (after all who wants to drive or fly miles, que to get in, pay through the nose and rubber neck to see anything!) Perhaps we Brits have been spoilt by Auntie Beebs 'Wellfare TV' !
I say 'THANK YOU SKY' For bring it to me in far more detail with more insider views than an enthusiast could ever see by going there!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3041685)   #1728
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
hmmm.....it's definitely listed on my Sky go devices. Have you definitely got HD or Sky Sports 1 & 2 ?
Err, yep, i better have for 70 odd quid a month ha ha

I looked under sky sports bit and there is a bar for F1, but it only lists the legends programs and lauch program etc. I was ecpecting it to advertise showing the practices tonight? Or maybe it's not? Was thinking of taking my laptop to work tonight.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3041689)   #1729
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
Or find other means of watching it. Sky haven't managed to stop their football coverage being leaked onto the internet, so I imagine there'll be somewhere online that you can watch a poor quality stream.
I have someone else's Sky Go to use if I am at home during a race and will use this method on Sunday afternoon. I'm taking my laptop to a mates and hooking it up to his HD projector, I just needed to know what time to turn it on as we'll probably have a few beers and don't want to sit through ad breaks and constant reminders about how great the new channel is from their coverage team lol. I was planning to watch the highlights this season primarily as I can't record off Sky Go and watch the full race at my leisure. I was hoping to rely on the BBC rather than Sky Go for the none BBC races and still might, just not this weekend.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3041691)   #1730
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Looking on the Sky planner, on sunday morning, it has the live race build up at 4.30am, then the race live at 6am , for 3 hours. The re-runs are lumped together for a 4 1/2 hour program, so i'd take a guess that, in the re runs, the race would be shown at 11am and 4pm respectively, but don't take that as gospel, i wouldn't want to be blamed if thats inacccurate
Thanks for the advice and no I won't blame you if its slightly inaccurate
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3041696)   #1731
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Nobody has noticed my point...Sky's Subscription is a Bargain in comparison to going to the Grand Prix and will no doubt be far better (IMHO) (after all who wants to drive or fly miles, que to get in, pay through the nose and rubber neck to see anything!) Perhaps we Brits have been spoilt by Auntie Beebs 'Wellfare TV' !
I say 'THANK YOU SKY' For bring it to me in far more detail with more insider views than an enthusiast could ever see by going there!
I think your point went unnoticed as most of us are aware its cheaper to shell out £500 per year than thousands of pounds attending every race. I wasn't doing that when the BBC had it, but I usually went to the British GP and that one event is considerably cheaper than a years subscription to Sky

PS: If you know what you are doing in advance of attending the British GP, you don't have to do any of the awful things you mention.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3041699)   #1732
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
F1 first practice is definitely on at 1:00 am in the morning here in the UK on Sky Go.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3041701)   #1733
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Nobody has noticed my point...Sky's Subscription is a Bargain in comparison to going to the Grand Prix
It is, although for an entire weekend, tickets, camping, food, beer it cost me about £300 which i didn't think was too bad, plus there is nothing like the atmosphere of the event (and the with the boys) !!

But there is nothing like getting home, quick shower and watching the race on TV, even better with the better coverage of course !!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3041704)   #1734
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
F1 first practice is definitely on at 1:00 am in the morning here in the UK on Sky Go.
Gonna sound like a techno spaz now, and to be totally honest, dispite the months of talk about Sky's service, it wasn't until today that i thought about using Sky Go, but on the adverts its says Iphone. Ipad etc, that does cover us mere mortals who us an old fasioned PC/laptop?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3041716)   #1735
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Gonna sound like a techno spaz now, and to be totally honest, dispite the months of talk about Sky's service, it wasn't until today that i thought about using Sky Go, but on the adverts its says Iphone. Ipad etc, that does cover us mere mortals who us an old fasioned PC/laptop?
I'm watching the F1 channel on one of my archaic PCs, right now.

I've also got it on a lap top (you are allowed 2 devices other than your normal TV). You can only change to another device once every month.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3041718)   #1736
Mr V
Veteran

England
Just watched a bit of F1 channel and news on my laptop - yay!!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3041733)   #1737
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Just watched a bit of F1 channel and news on my laptop - yay!!
Do you have a good Wi-Fi connection at work?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3041740)   #1738
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
I mentioned this above and yes you can watch via a laptop .
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
I have someone else's Sky Go to use if I am at home during a race and will use this method on Sunday afternoon. I'm taking my laptop to a mates and hooking it up to his HD projector, I just needed to know what time to turn it on as we'll probably have a few beers and don't want to sit through ad breaks and constant reminders about how great the new channel is from their coverage team lol.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3041747)   #1739
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm watching the F1 channel on one of my archaic PCs, right now.

I've also got it on a lap top (you are allowed 2 devices other than your normal TV). You can only change to another device once every month.
There is a way around the 2 devices rule but I cant say it publicly, and it only works if you have a specific setup.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3041787)   #1740
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nobody has noticed my point...Sky's Subscription is a Bargain in comparison to going to the Grand Prix ...
Well going to a grand Prix is expensive. So much so that I rarely chose to do so. I can actually race myself for a similar amount (initial outlay aside).
However when you go you don't have to put up with any commentary from anyone other than the sound of the engines
Old 15 Mar 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3041789)   #1741
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyway, has anyone actually worked out if you have to subscribe to sky movies to get skyF1HD?
Old 15 Mar 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3041797)   #1742
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Anyway, has anyone actually worked out if you have to subscribe to sky movies to get skyF1HD?
Only if you want to watch "Senna"
Old 15 Mar 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3041798)   #1743
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ha, is that true? I thought I was just being an idiot.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3041828)   #1744
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Do you have a good Wi-Fi connection at work?
Testing testing 1, 2, 3 !!

I'm currently at work and i'm online
Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3041905)   #1745
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This Craig Slater character they have detailed from SSN to cover things, hes so bad hes almost Carlton Kirby'esque! Go back to Scottish Prem
Old 16 Mar 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3041912)   #1746
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
I am not subscribed to Sky movies, but I have the F1 channel. I think that you only need to have the 'Entertainment package' plus HD or Sky sports 1 & 2 (or both) in order to get the F1 channel.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3042039)   #1747
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ask for their 'F1 HD Deal' it's their Special Offer package!
It only costs £10.50 and includes some Sky Sports channels too.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3042044)   #1748
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Only the wet spoilt the first day of F1...and SKY did a GREAT job...Ant & Crofty were their usual lively and informative selves that they were on 5 Live...and the new Jake Humphries (dunno his name) and Grey beard EJ clone Damon and Brundle (better than DC) did the same job as BBC's trio. Ted was on the ball as usual in the pits too.

All we need now is for the weather to behave itself and let the cars show their TRUE potential and we'll have the complete show!
Old 16 Mar 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3042047)   #1749
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Only the wet spoilt the first day of F1...and SKY did a GREAT job...Ant & Crofty were their usual lively and informative selves that they were on 5 Live...and the new Jake Humphries (dunno his name) and Grey beard EJ clone Damon and Brundle (better than DC) did the same job as BBC's trio. Ted was on the ball as usual in the pits too.
So in other words...the same as last season when we didn't have to pay?
Old 16 Mar 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3042078)   #1750
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

All we need now is for the weather to behave itself and let the cars show their TRUE potential and we'll have the complete show!
Sounds like its the same as ever with the old BBC crew to me lol. As long as you are happy that should be all that counts but many of us will be enjoying coverage from both broadcasters this season.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky