Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2020, 10:23 (Ref:4022316)   #1
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
George Russell

Here we are for those of us who see George as the future.
As it seems unlikely he will get the Mercedes drive in 21 is there a long shot at a switch to Aston Martin if either of their two drivers fail to perform next year?
For Aston martin having a well spoken British driver in the team would be a PR master stroke.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 10:31 (Ref:4022317)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh yes. After his performances in the Merc, there is no doubt he is the real deal. Surely it's a matter of when not if he will be in a top car
Old 12 Dec 2020, 14:37 (Ref:4022361)   #3
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Here we are for those of us who see George as the future.
As it seems unlikely he will get the Mercedes drive in 21 is there a long shot at a switch to Aston Martin if either of their two drivers fail to perform next year?
For Aston martin having a well spoken British driver in the team would be a PR master stroke.
I don't think that will happen soon.
Stroll is going nowhere as long as his dad co-own the team/organization.
They ditched Perez for Vettel and I don't see them dropping him soon. Surely not if Vettel performs OK against Stroll.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 01:32 (Ref:4022497)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I don't think that will happen soon.
Stroll is going nowhere as long as his dad co-own the team/organization.
They ditched Perez for Vettel and I don't see them dropping him soon. Surely not if Vettel performs OK against Stroll.
How long is Vettel's contract for? I like Vettel as a person, but I think something is just not there anymore with him. If not performance than positive consistency. I see him potentially having a few sparks of his old self next year, but otherwise more of what we see now.

Richard
Old 13 Dec 2020, 04:11 (Ref:4022507)   #5
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
How long is Vettel's contract for? I like Vettel as a person, but I think something is just not there anymore with him. If not performance than positive consistency. I see him potentially having a few sparks of his old self next year, but otherwise more of what we see now.

Richard
I expect Seb to be unrecognizable next year, hope I am not disappointed.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 05:22 (Ref:4022514)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You think this is like his last year at Red Bull?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 05:45 (Ref:4022516)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You think this is like his last year at Red Bull?
I think that Seb is being worked over to suit an agenda by Ferrari with Binotto leading the charge, and the situation is made worse by the fact that Seb no longer gives a damn.

Did you see the support given to Seb by the Ferrari garage when he got the podium in Turkey, they all looked like someone had stolen their lunch.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 08:57 (Ref:4022528)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The BBC seems sure that GR is Merc bound in 2022. Can't see him being placed with AM in that case unless it's for a full season, and even in F1 Seb's contract would be expected to reach the first race

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 13 Dec 2020, 10:22 (Ref:4022542)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toto spoke on C4 and made (to my mind) a pretty indicative statement.
He said that the chance of GR being at Mercedes in 2021 was next to zero - but also made it clear that Mercedes (and Williams) honour contracts.
What is interesting about this is that no mention of 2022 contracts was made - but who knows what is already in place? He seemed very confident that GR would complete next season at Williams - so does he also know where GR will be after that?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 10:44 (Ref:4022545)   #10
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Bottas has a one year contract and needs to do better. it will also depend on how long Lulu wants to continue. He seems a bit of a lost soul these days while his contemporaries all have a settled family life.
Presumably the Russell family are quite well off to have supported him through the lower levels but I can't find any details of their businesses etc.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 10:48 (Ref:4022549)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We are still waiting for Lewis to sign a new contract. I would have expected something to have happened by now, unless we have all missed something. Is there more to this than meets the eye?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4022560)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We are still waiting for Lewis to sign a new contract. I would have expected something to have happened by now, unless we have all missed something. Is there more to this than meets the eye?
By my reckoning, this might be the fastest (in terms of posts) that a non-LH thread has ended up with a post entirely dedicated to LH.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 12:12 (Ref:4022570)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

Well it is relevant, considering Russell’s future can depend on what Hamilton does next
Old 13 Dec 2020, 12:13 (Ref:4022571)   #14
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How long is Vettel's contract for?
Richard
2 years I think
Old 13 Dec 2020, 12:25 (Ref:4022578)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well it is relevant, considering Russell’s future can depend on what Hamilton does next
I don't think anyone suggested it wasn't relevant?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:02 (Ref:4022592)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I don't think anyone suggested it wasn't relevant?
Lewis is clearly relevant in all F1 threads.

Richard
Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:17 (Ref:4022597)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this thread should be about how bad the Williams still is.

for sure transitions take time, but is it possible Williams have moved backwards since the Williams family have left?

its the same cars (and tires?) next year and i cant believe they are making Russell stay with this dog.

speaking of different rules for different eras...there was a time where his talent would have already rescued him from this fate.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:57 (Ref:4022607)   #18
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
its the same cars (and tires?) next year
Not really. Not much more than tub at the end of the day, which hardly changes anyway.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 15:50 (Ref:4022641)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think that Seb is being worked over to suit an agenda by Ferrari with Binotto leading the charge, and the situation is made worse by the fact that Seb no longer gives a damn.
Did Red Bull work over Seb in his last year he was there too?
Quote:
Did you see the support given to Seb by the Ferrari garage when he got the podium in Turkey, they all looked like someone had stolen their lunch.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4022839)   #20
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Did Red Bull work over Seb in his last year he was there too?

They wrote a contract that had an option on it if he did not come lower than
4th in the championship. He went from a salary of just about nothing to $80M a year, and a car that looked a lot more competitive than the RBR Renault.
Think it has legs?
Old 14 Dec 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4022864)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I felt sorry for George having to go back to the Williams. I wonder how he felt when he got back in it. I wonder how he felt when thinking that he almost certainly has another whole season of getting back into it.....?
Old 14 Dec 2020, 12:37 (Ref:4022870)   #22
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I felt sorry for George having to go back to the Williams. I wonder how he felt when he got back in it. I wonder how he felt when thinking that he almost certainly has another whole season of getting back into it.....?
Can;t feel too good, such a waste of talent.

Convinced me he has what it would take to be a world champion, so cool under pressure and just kept delivering.

Still can't figure out why Toto found it necessary to sign Bottas.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 12:46 (Ref:4022872)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Efficient #2. Gets second place in WDC. Ensures victory in WCC. Avoids any conflict between two potential #1's. Simples.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 15:38 (Ref:4022912)   #24
Richard C
Veteran

I fast forwarded through much of the race this past weekend. But it seems like George didn't have any "screw ups" (as best as I can tell) and had a solid race given the equipment.

Richard
Old 14 Dec 2020, 16:04 (Ref:4022916)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I fast forwarded through much of the race this past weekend. But it seems like George didn't have any "screw ups" (as best as I can tell) and had a solid race given the equipment.

Richard
right!

it seemed like he did quite well in that Williams particularly after the difficulty both Williams drivers had in quali.

was actually impressed with his ability to just accept the situation and get on with it.

a drive that showed his quality!