Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Oct 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3683604)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
PZ54 - any experience?

After 20 years of pestering them, my parents finally caved in and are doing trackside "camping" themselves as well, so I bought them a ticket for their campervan at PZ54, thinking it was a campsite. Turns out it's a parking! (PZ = parking zone, I guess?)

Is camping allowed there? Is it any good? Or should I get them a ticket at Maison Blanche 105 m² if available?

Any experiences welcome!
Old 28 Oct 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3683625)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
After 20 years of pestering them, my parents finally caved in and are doing trackside "camping" themselves as well, so I bought them a ticket for their campervan at PZ54, thinking it was a campsite. Turns out it's a parking! (PZ = parking zone, I guess?)

Is camping allowed there? Is it any good? Or should I get them a ticket at Maison Blanche 105 m² if available?

Any experiences welcome!
Why not give them one of your TR tickets and then they can bring the daimler and enjoy the luxury they sampled this year, say hello from me by the way
Old 28 Oct 2016, 15:50 (Ref:3683640)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
My parent's "camping" is slightly different from yours and mine:

Old 28 Oct 2016, 16:16 (Ref:3683646)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well i think they will have trouble getting that into TR,
Old 28 Oct 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3683649)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even a regular parking space might be an issue for that thing!
Old 31 Oct 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3684252)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jesting aside, they might have issues with that size of RV. One of our group has a much smaller motorhome than that, but it is longer than the standard 7.5m camping plot so they have to buy 2x spaces for it.
Old 31 Oct 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3684317)   #7
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
That thing looks way more suitable for Sebring than Le Mans!
Old 1 Nov 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3684464)   #8
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
there is a special site for campervans this size.
Right opersit from the camp at Porsche Curves.
Old 1 Nov 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3684622)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
there is a special site for campervans this size.
Right opersit from the camp at Porsche Curves.
Called - PZ54 !