Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3714032)   #626
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best thing Mike, I don't even know how I even got involved with the wretched device, people I have never heard of wanting to join, 'My LinkedIn Network' what ever that is, I did not know I had one, but maybe you would like to join it?

Tecnnotogy.
Old 22 Feb 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3714067)   #627
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I get a couple a week and most of them are people I've never heard of. They all go in the spam folder.
Old 22 Feb 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3714069)   #628
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks like this. I get a couple a week and most of them are people I've never heard of. They all go in the spam folder.
Not had any Linked-In spam for a while but I am starting to strangers on Skype wanting to be my friend. I've yet to discover how to work out in advance if they are rich widows who like old cars!
Old 22 Feb 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3714070)   #629
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst the cynic in me agrees, I've found at least three people jobs. And I do receive a lot of approaches. I mostly decline but that perhaps is not the point. At least I can choose who spams me.
Old 22 Feb 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3714077)   #630
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thing that makes me laugh about LI is when someone endorses me for a skill I don't even claim to have! A rubbish system, about as accurate as the FB "like".

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Feb 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3714087)   #631
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
The thing that makes me laugh about LI is when someone endorses me for a skill I don't even claim to have! A rubbish system, about as accurate as the FB "like".

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Oops! Sorry about that, I thought you would be pleased.
Old 23 Feb 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3714176)   #632
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Oops! Sorry about that, I thought you would be pleased.
Depends what the suggested skill is!

So, will we survive Doris? Will there be 'travel disruption' affecting those going to Excel today? Even if there isn't, there probably will be........
Old 23 Feb 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3714213)   #633
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Depends what the suggested skill is!

So, will we survive Doris? Will there be 'travel disruption' affecting those going to Excel today? Even if there isn't, there probably will be........
Personally I think I'm quite relieved I'm not trying to get there on a ferry!

I'm old enough to remember when the Racing Car Show was actually staged on a ferry & all one had to do was row across the Thames.
Old 23 Feb 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3714244)   #634
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I'm old enough to remember when the Racing Car Show was actually staged on a ferry & all one had to do was row across the Thames.
Hmm.

Me too.

Old 23 Feb 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3714246)   #635
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At Mallory yesterday I spotted a sign on the side of the scrutineering bay for an Alloy Wheel refurb business on the site so checked it out when I left.

A really nice chap in the units around the corner on the Paddock Access road.

It's 7 years since my wheels were last fettled and its showing. Very badly. So time for a refurb I think before they start leaking again. What colour though?

Regular silver?

Something darker - since a few miles has them covered in dirt anyway?

They do a nice line in dayglo. Pink? Green? Lemon Yellow?

Maybe I could get the car wrapped to match? Or even mis-match?

Tea break ideas welcome.
Old 23 Feb 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3714280)   #636
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
At Mallory yesterday I spotted a sign on the side of the scrutineering bay for an Alloy Wheel refurb business on the site so checked it out when I left.

A really nice chap in the units around the corner on the Paddock Access road.

It's 7 years since my wheels were last fettled and its showing. Very badly. So time for a refurb I think before they start leaking again. What colour though?

Regular silver?

Something darker - since a few miles has them covered in dirt anyway?

They do a nice line in dayglo. Pink? Green? Lemon Yellow?

Maybe I could get the car wrapped to match? Or even mis-match?

Tea break ideas welcome.

I Wheelie don't know, Grant.
Old 23 Feb 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3714315)   #637
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes I think that was the first race car show I went to. Currently at Race Retro waiting for MG David to cook dinner .
Old 23 Feb 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3714316)   #638
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Will there be 'travel disruption' affecting those going to Excel today? Even if there isn't, there probably will be........
Yep Mike, you got it right! The trains leaving St Pancrace are turned on the mode "may be do may be dont". How do I know that? My wife is there! She could catch [I]de justesse[I] the last train to LC. Hope she can be back on Friday night … Or have to arrange something !
Old 24 Feb 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3714409)   #639
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yep Mike, you got it right! The trains leaving St Pancras are turned on the mode "may be do may be dont". How do I know that? My wife is there! She could catch [I]de justesse[I] the last train to LC. Hope she can be back on Friday night … Or have to arrange something !
When I got back to Kings Cross (next door) it was the same. The departure hall jammed with travellers just standing and staring at the screens..... My fast train home appeared to be in deep space somewhere, so I gambled on the slow train back to Cambridge, that was shown as leaving. This was packed (like the phone vids you see on telly), and I had to stand for over half the journey. Then at Cambridge, it was standstill again! I was told the replacement buses to Norwich 'had gone', and the only alternative was to queue for a taxi to Ely along with 400 other people. Once at Ely there was a chance of catching a train (still shown as moving) from Liverpool to Norwich. While standing in the mass I kept looking at the display boards, and suddenly it showed an arrival from Norwich! Reasoning that if it could get 'from' Norwich, it should be able to get back 'to', I legged it back to the platform, and sure enough, the very late service pulled in. So I made it home, which is likely a better result than a lot of travellers had.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3714420)   #640
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
If I can find my Zimmer frame I might go out today, how I have made such an age I've no idea !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2017, 08:10 (Ref:3714422)   #641
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Happy big birthday Gordon! And if you have a zimmer, I bet it's far from standard......
Old 24 Feb 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3714424)   #642
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Happy big birthday Gordon! And if you have a zimmer, I bet it's far from standard......
Thanks Mike, it's not often that we reach 40 !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3714425)   #643
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
If I can find my Zimmer frame I might go out today, how I have made such an age I've no idea !
Congratulations Gordon! Perhaps when you've worked-out the secret to long life you'd like to share it!
Old 24 Feb 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3714426)   #644
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Gordon.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 09:54 (Ref:3714441)   #645
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks Mike, it's not often that we reach 40 !!
I'm not far off my second time Gordon, if I can only hang on until June.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3714453)   #646
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I've never been very impressed by the 'scare tactics' the TV Licensing lot use in their letters regarding our requirement to have one (or not).

They are spreading their net wider, it seems, as all the industrial units where my w/shop is have received letters warning of the dire consequences should we be sitting in them watching telly all day......

The big question is- who sold them the data?
Old 24 Feb 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3714470)   #647
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy Birthday, Gordon. My Camera still works, thanks!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Feb 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3714579)   #648
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I'm not far off my second time Gordon, if I can only hang on until June.
If you're twice my age Baub then you are 140 !!!!!
Old 24 Feb 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3714589)   #649
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
If you're twice my age Baub then you are 140 !!!!!
Well there may be some slight mis-interpretation of the facts, but I do often feel that old. Gordon.

Er. 40X 2 = ?

You have some catching up to do.

Anyway enjoy your personal New Year.

Bob.
Old 24 Feb 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3714596)   #650
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
My wife took me up to the Albert Hall today to see The Cirque du Soleil and WOW what can I say !!! Those people must be as good as Olympic athletes and I would advise anyone who hasn't seen them live to do so if they can.
I had no idea where we were going as Sue just said "I'm taking you up to London on Friday so don't book any work in"
Closed Thread