Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Aug 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3667712)   #51
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They race pick-ups in the UK too.

Neither UK nor US are actual pickups. Just silhouette bodies on a space frame chassis.
Old 1 Sep 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3668905)   #52
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to hear on TTW that BKR probably won't be running the VW CC next year. Also Swindon are keen for someone to run the new engine in an updated CC, so could we see someone else take the CC's off BKR's hands and stick on the RML kit with a new Swindon lump in? Think it could be quite a competitive package still. However BKR must have something very interesting lined up or in the pipeline to be moving away from the CC!
Old 1 Sep 2016, 12:43 (Ref:3668918)   #53
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Interesting to hear on TTW that BKR probably won't be running the VW CC next year. Also Swindon are keen for someone to run the new engine in an updated CC, so could we see someone else take the CC's off BKR's hands and stick on the RML kit with a new Swindon lump in? Think it could be quite a competitive package still. However BKR must have something very interesting lined up or in the pipeline to be moving away from the CC!

Do we know that BMR are going to run the Levorg next year or another Subaru model? In which case BKR to run a couple of Levorg's?
Old 1 Sep 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3668958)   #54
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Do we know that BMR are going to run the Levorg next year or another Subaru model? In which case BKR to run a couple of Levorg's?
4 of those ugly wagons is enough already, we don't need more on the grid
Old 2 Sep 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3669162)   #55
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
4 of those ugly wagons is enough already, we don't need more on the grid
Think you misread the post.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3670244)   #56
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
be interesting to see what BKR do get up to in the off season

im not sure what subaru would replace the Levorg with and seems a bit of a waste to ditch them after a year but thats what TD with the Civic Tourer and Volvo say maybe true!
Old 5 Sep 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3670247)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, but they seem to have found the car's potential unlike the Honda
Old 5 Sep 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3670273)   #58
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The WRX STi would be the perfect car choice for Subaru.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3670279)   #59
Urinal2001
Rookie

Chile
Urinal2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I cant help but feel that that is far closer to what Plato had in mind when he supposedly came up with the Subaru idea 4 years ago. Considering the Levorg presumably wasnt even in the pipeline then, it has to have been.

I said it toward the start of the season, but as the year has gone i have become more confident.... imo they are using the Levorg as a test-bed this year, and will switch all relevant running gear and data over to something more... conventional... from the Subaru stable for 2017.

The BKR info from TTT just seems to slot into that quite nicely now.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3670294)   #60
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Subaru UK said no to that idea. I know it seems like the perfect racing choice, but the package has to make monetary sense too. The WRX STI is imported in tiny numbers these days, far from the halcyon days.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3670295)   #61
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
imo they are using the Levorg as a test-bed this year, and will switch all relevant running gear and data over to something more... conventional... from the Subaru stable for 2017.
Such as?
Old 5 Sep 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3670304)   #62
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Subaru UK said no to that idea. I know it seems like the perfect racing choice, but the package has to make monetary sense too. The WRX STI is imported in tiny numbers these days, far from the halcyon days.
Does Subaru UK manufacture any cars or are they all imports? Using a car 'built in Britain' is certainly more appealing to use in the BTCC, just like Honda do with the Civic.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3670356)   #63
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Does Subaru UK manufacture any cars or are they all imports? Using a car 'built in Britain' is certainly more appealing to use in the BTCC, just like Honda do with the Civic.
All Subaru cars are imported to Europe.

The WRX will be disappearing from Subaru showrooms soon and is not being replaced. Fact, not speculation.

A new Impreza is due on sale in the States and Japan soon, so likely in the UK late 2017. It's a five door hatch for the UK, but whether BMR/ Subaru would want to run it is anyones guess...
Old 6 Sep 2016, 08:38 (Ref:3670448)   #64
Urinal2001
Rookie

Chile
Urinal2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Such as?
Well, like the post i quoted in my response, i was thinking the WRX. However, until you mentioned it, i wasnt aware that Subaru had said no to that possibility.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 08:50 (Ref:3670449)   #65
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urinal2001 View Post
Well, like the post i quoted in my response, i was thinking the WRX. However, until you mentioned it, i wasnt aware that Subaru had said no to that possibility.
No worries
Old 6 Sep 2016, 08:53 (Ref:3670451)   #66
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
All Subaru cars are imported to Europe.

The WRX will be disappearing from Subaru showrooms soon and is not being replaced. Fact, not speculation.

A new Impreza is due on sale in the States and Japan soon, so likely in the UK late 2017. It's a five door hatch for the UK, but whether BMR/ Subaru would want to run it is anyones guess...
Aye, thanks for the clarification. No doubt in a few pages time we'll still see renders of a WRX STI in blue with gold wheels and tobacco sponsorship with the claim that it 'should' be like this

But one main reason for the Levorg entry is to change such perceptions and for that, we should all be grateful that Subaru UK chose the BTCC as the platform to do that.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3670472)   #67
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:

But one main reason for the Levorg entry is to change such perceptions and for that, we should all be grateful that Subaru UK chose the BTCC as the platform to do that.
Wagon's are boring family cars, no sugar coating will ever change that

and because there are so many of them there is nothing exiting or COOL to have it either ,
Old 7 Sep 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3670714)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Wagon's are boring family cars, no sugar coating will ever change that

and because there are so many of them there is nothing exiting or COOL to have it either ,
Audi RS4? Not boring
Old 7 Sep 2016, 10:05 (Ref:3670716)   #69
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't feed the troll
Old 7 Sep 2016, 16:12 (Ref:3670777)   #70
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
ahh well if my RS6 avant is "boring" I definatly made the wrong choice to transport my dogs about in.....

I actually LIKE the Levorg in BTCC spec and have to say seeing a few on the roads its a massive differently looking car
Old 7 Sep 2016, 18:57 (Ref:3670804)   #71
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Your Audi is a fantastic motor, and I too like the Levorg in the BTCC - it certainly is proving that bodystyle is not the be all and end all for defining a fast or performance car.

Many years ago I had a run out in a Police modified Volvo 850 T5R - the Terminator - acceleration and braking were mind blowing. I drove that the same day as a Ferrari 348, and the Volvo made the Ferrari look utterly pointless.

Estates can be very interesting.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3670821)   #72
porsche962fan
Veteran

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
ahh well if my RS6 avant is "boring" I definatly made the wrong choice to transport my dogs about in.....

I actually LIKE the Levorg in BTCC spec and have to say seeing a few on the roads its a massive differently looking car
the normal Audi S6 sedan is much cooler than the wagon

for me wagon screams family and boring mondane life style, I can't see anyone going in a pub and say her I got my new Ford Focus Turnier while at the same time they would be more inclined to be proud if their Focus RS hatchback for example

and If I remember the Civic Turer came to existence because Honda marketing insisted not because Team Dynamics really though that it would be better, as proof it was scrapped after just one year
Old 8 Sep 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3670995)   #73
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, Utter tosh.

I neither have a family or a boring lifestyle and I run a Golf R Wagon.

My lifestyle includes racing at weekends and travelling all over the world.

And when driving the daily driver, can embarrass many a "hot" hatch on the road.

Your perception does not match reality.... especially when we look at estate only models like the RS6, which **** all over the S6 Saloon for "coolness", capability and presence. When I rocked up to the pub in a 24hr loaner RS6, people were very interested. And again when I settled on the R.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3671029)   #74
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Hmmm, Utter tosh.

I neither have a family or a boring lifestyle and I run a Golf R Wagon.

My lifestyle includes racing at weekends and travelling all over the world.

And when driving the daily driver, can embarrass many a "hot" hatch on the road.

Your perception does not match reality.... especially when we look at estate only models like the RS6, which **** all over the S6 Saloon for "coolness", capability and presence. When I rocked up to the pub in a 24hr loaner RS6, people were very interested. And again when I settled on the R.
Good choice on the R wagon! im tempted with one next as well!

but anyway I feel we have gone off on a tangent!

8 days until Silverstone 6 races of 2016 left
Old 8 Sep 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3671118)   #75
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post

Great choice on the RS6, I just got a new RS4 saloon but looked at a estate version in the show room.... Holy **** that thing was badass.

Anyone saying a 'hot' estate isn't as cool as a tiny sardine tin is a little loopy.

That being said, I personally don't like the Levorg for BTCC. I like the saloon models for touring cars better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk