Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Apr 2024, 08:48 (Ref:4204913)   #2876
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
BTCC is one on the best series in the World and it should be supported and talked up - the naysayers should save themselvs a lot of pain and look elsewhere

Well said!
Old 14 Apr 2024, 09:01 (Ref:4204914)   #2877
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'm looking forward to this season, thinking about it I do miss the teams like Welch and Handy who might spring the occasional surprise and get on the podium. The multi car teams is just what we have at the moment, I think things do need a bit of a shake up but in the current climate would anyone do a better job than TOCA?
I don't think anyone would do a better job in the current climate than TOCA have , of course everyone would like a couple of new teams bringing new manufacturers to the series but that's not likely to happen under the current rules, it will be interesting to see what direction the new rules go in.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 09:27 (Ref:4204916)   #2878
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Because people love sitting in there armchairs being down on everything - it’s easy. Slagging entires, Teams , Drivers, Liveries, Calendar , TOCA, Officials, TV,rules. When it’s all gone they will be the first to Moan aswell. BTCC is one on the best series in the World and it should be supported and talked up - the naysayers should save themselvs a lot of pain and look elsewhere
That is so well said it's worth saying twice!
Old 14 Apr 2024, 11:32 (Ref:4204925)   #2879
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this could well turn out to be one of the best seasons ever. I can't wait for it to start.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 12:17 (Ref:4204930)   #2880
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Only two weeks to go and still a few seats to be filled, but it’s looking good
Old 14 Apr 2024, 13:03 (Ref:4204932)   #2881
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Only two weeks to go and still a few seats to be filled, but it’s looking good
Is there? PMR seems to be staying at 2, WSR seems like Thompson or nothing and HARD is struggling to even have one car ready.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4204937)   #2882
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Is there? PMR seems to be staying at 2, WSR seems like Thompson or nothing and HARD is struggling to even have one car ready.
Yeah I think the only announcement will be Thompson. Don't think we'll see the third PMR car , there's been no indication from the team that they're going to run it and the less said about Hard the better if they haven't managed to get one car ready.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 14:54 (Ref:4204940)   #2883
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are probably going to be at 20, 21 at a push. It is a quality grid, the supports look good, yes there are issues to address but we should be in for a fantastic season's racing.

The key, in my opinion, is really whether the rule changes act in the way they are intended. If the changes increase competition, variety in R1/R2/R3 results, and we have a competitive championship with decent and entertaining racing then everyone is going to be a lot more positive on the whole.

Personally can't wait. First went to Donington in 2021 and the track has rapidly become one of my favourite circuits, a great place for racing and somewhere that always seems to bring out the best in the BTCC.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 15:35 (Ref:4204944)   #2884
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
And does that cancel out all the good stuff ? Give me a break….
Old 14 Apr 2024, 16:17 (Ref:4204946)   #2885
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Did I say it did? The question was how many seats are left, is that not the correct answer from the facts and rumours we know? The quality of the grid is excellent.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 16:41 (Ref:4204951)   #2886
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the confirmed seats, doesn't look to me as if there's any potential for drivers dropping out mid season with funding issues (except maybe DeLeon if the car isnt up to scratch), which has to be a good thing. Got to admit I was concerned about the grid numbers but we've definitely got quality over quantity.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 16:53 (Ref:4204952)   #2887
MarcusH26
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Looking at the confirmed seats, doesn't look to me as if there's any potential for drivers dropping out mid season with funding issues (except maybe DeLeon if the car isnt up to scratch), which has to be a good thing. Got to admit I was concerned about the grid numbers but we've definitely got quality over quantity.

I look at the grid and it's full of quality, it might be smaller but it's definitely not short on talent or drivers that could take race wins. Restart might struggle early on but I think they'll come good eventually.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 18:51 (Ref:4204970)   #2888
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
I look at the grid and it's full of quality, it might be smaller but it's definitely not short on talent or drivers that could take race wins. Restart might struggle early on but I think they'll come good eventually.
I completely agree. Of the currently confirmed 20 drivers, 13 have won a BTCC race, and 15 have achieved a podium. The other 5 includes Pearson (who will likely win a race this year), Doble (pole position last year, likely a podium finisher this year), DeLeon (equipment limited but a race winner elsewhere), Sumpton (quite young, will eventually grow into touring car racing), and Halstead (as an "Amateur" a British GT race winner and Ginetta class champion).

Agree on the Restart Racing point. Definitely a good group of people involved there and with two decent drivers, but they will inevitably encounter a few issues until car and team are properly bedded in.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 19:11 (Ref:4204974)   #2889
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

He never said that. It seems we can’t say anything on here without you getting overly defensive of the series
Old 14 Apr 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4204976)   #2890
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He never said that. It seems we can’t say anything on here without you getting overly defensive of the series
Overly defensive? Just fed up with the speculative negativity from certain posters
Old 14 Apr 2024, 21:16 (Ref:4204984)   #2891
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One should never post things when tired; and that's my excuse!

Last edited by Mike Harte; 14 Apr 2024 at 21:45.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 21:36 (Ref:4204985)   #2892
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

itv.com/btcc broadcasts LIVE and across devices for all ten 2023 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship events, including Saturday qualifying sessions at itv.com/btcc/qualifying-live / ITV Sport’s own Youtube channel (timings of which to be updated in the round-by-round scheduling above):

Old 14 Apr 2024, 22:55 (Ref:4204989)   #2893
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Overly defensive? Just fed up with the speculative negativity from certain posters

Even so we are allowed to be critical of certain things, while still enjoying the series
Old 15 Apr 2024, 07:56 (Ref:4205007)   #2894
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't like these tribal tendencies here. Either you're in the naysayers club who are negative about everything BTCC-related and expect a looming disaster or you're in the overly optimistic, staunchly defensive club happy to pull the "go and do it better yourself card" in response to any criticism. Can't we all meet in the middle? I guess we're all fans of the BTCC here, we all love the series, enjoy it and want it to thrive but at the same time as fans we're allowed to be constructive about some negative aspects or things we don't like and that's fine too. Perhaps I exaggerate the 'tribalism' but sometimes it's like watching two totally opposite factions battling constantly about the same things over and over again.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 08:26 (Ref:4205011)   #2895
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I really don't like these tribal tendencies here. Either you're in the naysayers club who are negative about everything BTCC-related and expect a looming disaster or you're in the overly optimistic, staunchly defensive club happy to pull the "go and do it better yourself card" in response to any criticism. Can't we all meet in the middle? I guess we're all fans of the BTCC here, we all love the series, enjoy it and want it to thrive but at the same time as fans we're allowed to be constructive about some negative aspects or things we don't like and that's fine too. Perhaps I exaggerate the 'tribalism' but sometimes it's like watching two totally opposite factions battling constantly about the same things over and over again.
I think the ones in the middle probably enjoy it without the need to log on to an internet forum to say something one way or the other.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 09:01 (Ref:4205015)   #2896
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Abbott View Post
I think the ones in the middle probably enjoy it without the need to log on to an internet forum to say something one way or the other.

Or we log on, read the comments, despair of what is read and then just get on with our lives without the need to respond!
Old 15 Apr 2024, 09:38 (Ref:4205018)   #2897
S griffin
Veteran

Anyway let’s hope we get some announcements from this week. About time we did
Old 15 Apr 2024, 10:24 (Ref:4205020)   #2898
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thinking of going to Donington tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't rain and wind drops. Could be an interesting day if it continues like today. High wind and heavy rain here, Derbyshire.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 10:56 (Ref:4205023)   #2899
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love Donington, but it's a brutal place to spectate at when it's like that.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 11:01 (Ref:4205024)   #2900
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Thinking of going to Donington tomorrow. Let's hope it doesn't rain and wind drops. Could be an interesting day if it continues like today. High wind and heavy rain here, Derbyshire.
Is going to be interesting if we're going into the season without any real comparative testing. I asked one of Ash Suttons engineers at Croft about pace, and he said with the weather at Croft and Brands, and not knowing who was on which tyre during dry periods (along with fuel levels) that they hoped Donington would give a solid answer to their beliefs - which was mainly to do with an up in pace from WSR.)