Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jul 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3751937)   #151
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least Fred and the Honey Badger add a bit of colour to F1
Old 16 Jul 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3751963)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not a huge motorsports fan - I guess I never have been really. Back in the 80's I started watching British F3 and BTCC and enjoyed that until somehow the sparkle went out of F3 and BTCC became bumper cars. I also got married which heavily curtailed my trips to the track, except for world sportscars. In 1986 I discovered Le Mans and the rest, as they say, is history. I only go to two events each year, the WEC at Silverstone (where I do the whole weekend) and Le Mans where I meet up with the same pals for 10 days. And it's wonderful. Blissful escapism. At 60 years old, I yearn for retirement (I've worked for the same employer (effectively) for 41 years and these days I'm a civil servant which doesn't always suit me well). I watch F1 on the TV, but it only occasionally lasts in my memory unless something special happens (which isn't often). I haven't fallen out of love with motorsport at all, I just concentrate on the couple of things that I love.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3752001)   #153
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IndyCar has put on and is currently putting on a good show, in between commercial breaks.

And I'm getting tired of this thread.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3752115)   #154
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen Chunders comments re WEC Silverstone.

Must have been at a different meet to the one I went to because the access I got was great! I was allowed down the backs of all the garages with no issues, (not sure if having a yellow dunlop cap helped, loads of people thought I was with a team lol!) I thought the pitlane walkabouts for the ELMS and WEC were good and well organised for the most part. We weren't allowed in the garages themselves but with about 40,000 people there I wouldn't expect them to.

For a high level event I though the freedom we were granted as spectators was excellent, I attend a lot of club racing because of my Cousin, with events such as Britcar and the Dutch supercars and I've had worse access at times!
Old 17 Jul 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3752230)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Just seen Chunders comments re WEC Silverstone.

Must have been at a different meet to the one I went to because the access I got was great! I was allowed down the backs of all the garages with no issues, (not sure if having a yellow dunlop cap helped, loads of people thought I was with a team lol!) I thought the pitlane walkabouts for the ELMS and WEC were good and well organised for the most part. We weren't allowed in the garages themselves but with about 40,000 people there I wouldn't expect them to.

For a high level event I though the freedom we were granted as spectators was excellent, I attend a lot of club racing because of my Cousin, with events such as Britcar and the Dutch supercars and I've had worse access at times!
Well said. My view too. Chunder isn't a fan of Silverstone or the WEC, an opinion that he's completely entitled to. I love it and my three days there are the perfect way to whet my appetite for Le Mans.
Old 17 Jul 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3752264)   #156
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We watched the end of the WEC race from the balcony over the pits. Watched pit stops from above. I haven't done that since the seventies when we stood over the very old pits on what is now the National Straight. All for free. I call that pretty good access!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk