Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Apr 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3394168)   #1
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington Museum - exhibits query

No idea what board this should be on, so apologies if it is in the wrong place, but there doesn't seem to be a category for Museums or show events.

Having been a keen supporter of Donington Museum since the day it first opened (and even running a stand with the NSCC at the 1976 Motorshow there and the first post war car race meeting with NSCC), I am somewhat concerned that many of the iconic and also many one off cars seem to have been sold.

On my last visit to the UK in 2012, reception couldn't even give me a list of exhibits, so for the first time ever, I walked away, as all I could see in hall 1 through the doors, were the WWII military vehicles. Not of any interest to me at all as they are as far removed from racing cars as it is possible to be.

This museum was always promoted as "the largest collection of single seater racing cars (open to the public) in the world".

I have emailed Donington and haven't even had the courtesy a response, so I am asking here if anyone has an up to date list, either of what is there or what has gone? I was due to call in again June 2014, but not sure that it is any longer worth the effort.