Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Aug 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3287045)   #1
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
long time in coming..

10 plus years in build. and self built by owner
After what seems like an eternity, I have finally realised the first part of a dream last friday..Hopefully CSCC swinging 60's will feel that this car is in the spirit of their championship.

original Brazed chassis and its original body. 1.29 lap times on its first run out..The driver needs to learn how to drive!
But out of the box it felt lovely

These pics are very special to me.

Last edited by Heightswitch; 7 Aug 2013 at 22:30.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3287052)   #2
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very, very nice indeed!
Old 8 Aug 2013, 05:44 (Ref:3287167)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant job; well done.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 06:11 (Ref:3287173)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh look Jeremy,its a PROPER Griffith. Looks gorgeous,just how it should,well done.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3287195)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Nice, my old Heavy Chevy will be no match for that pocket rocket if I ever get out in a Swinging Sixties race!
Old 8 Aug 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3287352)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look forward to racing with you/it in the near future
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 8 Aug 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3287392)   #7
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neil,

It looks fantastic - you should be very proud of it. Hopefully the initial engine glitches are all resolved and you are good to go? I can't see any reason why the CSCC wouldn't welcome you with open arms - looks like Jon will have to build a proper race engine for the Tuscan to keep up with you!

When do you plan to have your first race?
Old 8 Aug 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3287400)   #8
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it will be slowly slowly catchy monkey.

I probably need to just drive it and get fully comfortable with it for the remainder of this year and than have a slow start next year.

Anglesey coastal circuit was its test debut and looking at TSL I appear to be at least 8 or 9 seconds off the pace. Pretty sure that is all me rather than the car. Mechanically though the car is very honest with probably somewhere in the region of 285 hp at the flywheel with the spec I built it too. very akin to how it would have been tuned in period.

I managed to break it again after I rebuilt it for the 2nd time but put that down to damaging the cam first time round..Within 1hr I had wiped a lobe of the cam which meant yet another strip down.

The car went back together with another 270 cam and plenty graphogen and I took it straight on track with the mentality of it either grenading itself or working...Thankfully 3rd time around it worked.

In car vid of a later session..bear in mind I was on 10yr old historics and all the other cars on slicks with 100hp more on average. i don't think 1.29 is too bad for a firs time out of the box car and VERY novice driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX71UXv5eA0
Old 9 Aug 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3287607)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If you were running on "10 year-old historics" its not surprising that you were off the pace of current "swinging sixties" runners

I'm sure CSCC will be very happy to accept your entries!