Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 2003, 04:22 (Ref:614325)   #126
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
Archer you are wrong!

Colin Bond gives an opinion and then the Stewards make the decision.

Colin Bond was given the job by the drivers because the drivers thought that the stewards were out of touch.

So Colin got the job because the drivers did not like the decisions.

Now everyone hates Colin because they still don't like the decisions!

What is the answer?
First - STOP the stewards making these on the spot dewcisions - because this is where all the problems are coming from (for example, I am currently sitting in the timing room at Wakefield and, during the Friday GT Performance and Nations Cup practice sessions the stewards are standing in Race Control, hands behind their backs, watching what is going on.

Now - call me stupid -SHUT UP!!! - but IMHO a steward is there to ADJUDICATE over charges and NOT to lay the charges which appears to be happening.

Far be it from me to suggest that ANY steward has, either now or in the past, had his decision influenced by personal or other motives (and before any one says this can't happen - yes it can and has happened...)
Old 30 May 2003, 04:29 (Ref:614330)   #127
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
Gunslinger, My opinion is based on having done a heck of a lot of racing laps at Winton, I have even won a race there, has Crompton?
So - you've won a race there...whoopy doo!

So what?

That doesn't make you any more experienced than the next driver.

Or does this make Glenn Seton, who hasn't won a race at Bathurst any less experienced than - let's see....Larry Perkins? Larry's has won a few as co-driver - but then Glen has also won the Australian Touring Car title - Larry hasn't - so where does that put them in relation to each other?
Old 30 May 2003, 04:35 (Ref:614332)   #128
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let them adjudicate but make it some other time and adjust the championship points the drivers concerned will earn after the case has been examined. Some sort of sporting code tribunal which meets after the meeting somewhere mid-week like the football heads have. I dunno- something to remove all the angst from on-the-spot processes.

Fines and suspended sentences don't wash- championship points is the language spoken here.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 30 May 2003, 06:24 (Ref:614369)   #129
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm having the same problem with Paul the Flaggie and some other clown on the PROCAR site about this Colin Bond decission. I posted that I was behind Cromptons opinion and CB made the wrong call and didn't I cop it. They started big noted themself about how much time they have had in motorsport so after a bung fight and a few choice words it is just like this thread. So I'll be in on the drink to guys..
Old 30 May 2003, 07:43 (Ref:614441)   #130
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
Gunslinger, FatBoy, TeamChaparral when are we all getting together for drinks?

We seem to be on the same frequency (its called reality in case colinbond and Morry1100 were wondering).
Archer do you ever stop whinging
Old 30 May 2003, 09:11 (Ref:614511)   #131
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Archer, i was waiting for your invite.

(to be honest i'm really with colinbond and Bomn INC. on this issue, i just knew you were shouting)
Old 30 May 2003, 11:11 (Ref:614615)   #132
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did i hear beer ??
I'm there !!

Bring Bomn along so we can reminisce about the good ol' days when he was a champ... Bring bondy and morris along too, purely for entertainment value...

Back on topic for a sec, did anyone read the report on the "incident" in Auto Action this week ?? Funnily enough they saw the same thing as the rest of the sight blessed population...

Quote from Craig Lowndes:
"You really have to go into that corner committed (of course Morris 1100 would know this, he won there ) and i had to back off and apply the brakes so i know Murph didn't do it intentionally..."

Lowndesy also did rejoin in front of Murph, but had a problem with a tyre rubbing on a guard...

Cheers,
Paul...
Old 30 May 2003, 13:34 (Ref:614743)   #133
TeamChaparral
Rookie

TeamChaparral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.... No... if the lap counter doesn't say that, it can't be... it can't be... make it stop ... please... please...

W@nker's....

And all this from a Hairdresser driving Pretty Paint Jobbed no-body...

Bomn, Morris and CB... repeat after me... "I have NO friends" "I have NO friends" "I have NO friends"

The pain get's easier with time....
Old 30 May 2003, 13:43 (Ref:614751)   #134
TeamChaparral
Rookie

Archer, AussieV8, Gunslinger, Fatboy and the rest of us without a "White Cane" and "Seeing Eye Dog"... Name the Place... I'm there... I might even shout a round...

By the way... Bomn... does this remind you about when you were GOOD....

Old 30 May 2003, 13:50 (Ref:614759)   #135
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TC

Name the place...
Old 31 May 2003, 01:07 (Ref:615412)   #136
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another pearl of wisdom. You are truly a fountain of information. That has truly supported all the other posts you have made. Hang on you haven’t actually made a point have you?

If you cast your minds back a few years you may remember that the teams and drivers didn’t like the way they were being treated and as a result they took their bat and ball and started their own game. And now they are unhappy at how they are being treated by the people who they chose to administer the rules that they themselves wrote.

It’s hard to argue that you have been short sheeted when you make your own bed.
Old 31 May 2003, 01:26 (Ref:615420)   #137
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhhhhh well, i think the point has been well and truely covered. Not only by some of the fans here, but also Tony Cochrane and Colin Osbourne have backed the 95% of us that believe that the ruling was just plain dumb.

You flaggies and volunteers, you seriously do a great job. Where would racing be without you guys. But why try to defend such a rediculous decision? Just admit it. Some of your peers got it wrong big time. Not the first time, nor the last.

Over and out, on this subject, now where was that celebratory beer
Old 31 May 2003, 01:36 (Ref:615424)   #138
TeamChaparral
Rookie

I'm pretty sure that I was over the fact that you can't see 2 foot infront of your face.

It was the personal attack towards me and my team that I'm interested about now. You might even find out yourself, looking back through your pointless posts that you were the clown that began it.

I don't really give a fark if you think that Murph was right or wrong and I'm pretty sure that you don't care if I think the opposite. It's been printed in almost every Motorsport generated Newspaper/Magazine and even in the Poll on this forum that "they" (the officials got it wrong).

I don't really enjoy being generalised by a clown that has don't NOTHING except manager a few teams over a 22 year period (if that's correct/true). I use to manager a Under 8's football team, does that mean that I have the final say when it comes to a ruling in the NRL ???

You've done nothing except tell other's on here that they should agree with you and your thinking, without weighing up ALL other opinion's. You wanna go around thinking the sky is GREEN... Go for your life, no-one give's a fark, regardless of what they say to your face.

Regardless of what you've done (as you've ducked and weaved Fatboy's question several times) no-one really cares, like you, I'm a Motor-Racing Fan (that also compete's) and like you, I have an opinion. If you don't like it, or the opinion of other's (Gunslinger, AussieV8, Fatboy, rdmdog, Racetime etc) it might be time to subscribe to the "Better home's and Garden's" Forum... I hear that it's right down your alley..
Old 31 May 2003, 01:36 (Ref:615425)   #139
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You blokes are far superior to anyone else. Fatboy, the way you prepare your car by buying pizza and beer for all the blokes that do all the work surely must be a drain on your vast knowledge but I suppose the phone might have had the number stored so really it isn’t that much of an achievement. And the time you forgot to put petrol in the car and were too thick to believe it so you pulled out the sender to check, that was pure genius.

If you blokes want to trade insults go back to hot Gemini.com if you want to discuss the topic try and make a point. Spread some of that extensive knowledge that you have gained from your time in racing. I’m sure you have learned so much than anyone in those 18 months.
Old 31 May 2003, 01:46 (Ref:615427)   #140
TeamChaparral
Rookie

You still haven't answered the question clown... what have you done ???

Or should we hide out Website and Profile on here so we can be a FACELESS expert like you. Mate, it's all there for the world to see.... and he was man enough to say that he's made a mistake... Fark, I've done it too... does that mean that my opinion of you being a FACELESS farkwit doesn't carry any weight ???

Again... what have you done again ??? EXPERT .... you're just another keyboard hero telling everyone how good you use to be... actually, you only managed apparently, ever actually been on a race track pensioner ???
Old 31 May 2003, 03:29 (Ref:615464)   #141
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bomn
Fatboy, the way you prepare your car by buying pizza and beer for all the blokes that do all the work surely must be a drain on your vast knowledge but I suppose the phone might have had the number stored so really it isn’t that much of an achievement. And the time you forgot to put petrol in the car and were too thick to believe it so you pulled out the sender to check, that was pure genius.
Looks like i've got a fan huh ?? Feel free to visit regularly, but make sure you read quickly, as it gets updated every month... Actually, on second thoughts, get someone to read it to you...
You know why i don't do all the work on my car Bomn ?? Because unlike you when i'm not 100% right i don't make out i am. Maybe you could learn something from that...
I've got a great bunch of guys that help with the preparation of the car because that's what they do everyday for a living... they KNOW what they are doing, and it's my life at stake so i prefer to leave it to experts when it comes to stuff i'm not sure of...
As for the running out of fuel part, you neglected to realise that we had just fitted a different surge tank and weren't sure if that could be the problem, so next time maybe try to understand the bigger picture... But then again, you're never wrong are you ??

The best way to look at it is we are out there having a go... what are you doing ?? I could sit here all day and rave on about how great i am, how i used to be a test driver for HRT, blah blah blah like some faceless moron (sound familiar ??) and no-one would know the difference. Keep dodging and weaving my friend, you're a nobody, and the fact you keep hiding what little you've ever done proves it...

Run along now, surely you must have better things to do ?? Like bingo ??

Last edited by FatBoy; 31 May 2003 at 03:31.
Old 31 May 2003, 03:54 (Ref:615474)   #142
TeamChaparral
Rookie

A fan ??? more like a turd that won't flush...

Last edited by TeamChaparral; 31 May 2003 at 03:55.
Old 31 May 2003, 04:03 (Ref:615477)   #143
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I've read enough of this rubbish. Thread closed.

For future reference, please read What behaviour is expected of me ?.

Personal attacks are not tolerated here, and if they can continue posting rights wil be removed.