Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Aug 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3289028)   #351
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The leading rumor, in summary, is that it's Harry Scott Jr bringing Justin Allgaier and his sponsor, Brandt, to this team.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3289454)   #352
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Juan Pablo Montoya is out of his seat at EGR:
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130813h
Quote:
Montoya will not be back with EGR in 2014: The Associated Press has learned #42-Juan Pablo Montoya will not be back for an eighth NASCAR season with Chip Ganassi. The team owner informed Montoya he will not bring the Colombian back for an eighth NASCAR season. Ganassi president Steve Lauletta announced the decision to the team Tuesday, multiple people present for the announcement told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because Ganassi does not comment on driver contracts.(Associated Press)
Old 14 Aug 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3289862)   #353
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
The leading rumor, in summary, is that it's Harry Scott Jr bringing Justin Allgaier and his sponsor, Brandt, to this team.
4th fulltime MWR car?
Old 16 Aug 2013, 04:46 (Ref:3290531)   #354
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Nope, that was actually in response to the the post where HJJ posted an update about Phoenix Racing. Sorry for confusion
Old 19 Aug 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3291680)   #355
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Kurt Busch headed to Stewart-Haas? Stewart Haas Racing has submitted a formal offer to #78-Kurt Busch to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry beginning in 2014, multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed to ESPN.com. The proposed deal would team Busch with team owner Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick in the SHR stable. Asked for confirmation Sunday, SHR spokesman Mike Arning submitted the following statement via email: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider." Busch was unavailable for comment Sunday night. Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR. Busch has performed quite well this season in the #78 Chevy from Furniture Row Racing, but team sources say FRR has yet to offer him a contract extension.(ESPN)(8-19-2013)
Old 20 Aug 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3291992)   #356
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only hearsay at this point, but also rumours of Kurt looking at EGR as a means of getting a crack at the Indy 500.
I think it's safe to say that he won't be back at FRR next year.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3293723)   #357
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SHR are openly after Kurt for that 4th car, don't like the 78 teams chances of holding onto him.

JPM has run well two weeks in a row showing a bit of potential for anyone that would have him and Ambrose form besides the disappointment of Watkins Glen has been on the rise since Indy, hopefully enough to secure that #9 seat moving into 2014.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3294272)   #358
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
SHR are openly after Kurt for that 4th car, don't like the 78 teams chances of holding onto him.
Confirmed. Kurt to SHR.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130825b
Old 26 Aug 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3294282)   #359
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Stewart, Harvick and Busch. Strong lineup.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3294431)   #360
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Stewart, Harvick and Busch. Strong lineup.
And Danica
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Aug 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3294457)   #361
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spewing about that. Kurt is a class driver & i have enjoyed watching him drive the #78 - hope they get a quality driver for 2014...
Old 26 Aug 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3294460)   #362
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And Danica
Hey ! No laughing at my girl. She is the one laughing her way to the bank.
Pound for pound,best(marketing) driver out there. She is only 100#'s.

No - but seriously - I cant wait to hear Tonys side of this deal.
Can't imagine having a business partner that would not at least run a
multimillion dollar deal by you first just as a courtesy. I don't know,
maybe Tony is a minor stock holder. That does not sound like a 50-50
partnership behavior to me.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 03:01 (Ref:3294498)   #363
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Hey ! No laughing at my girl. She is the one laughing her way to the bank.
Pound for pound,best(marketing) driver out there. She is only 100#'s.

No - but seriously - I cant wait to hear Tonys side of this deal.
Can't imagine having a business partner that would not at least run a
multimillion dollar deal by you first just as a courtesy. I don't know,
maybe Tony is a minor stock holder. That does not sound like a 50-50
partnership behavior to me.
I am presuming that the GoDaddy kazillions of dollars are helping all 3 Sprint Cup programs along, so unless Ms Patrick wrecks every week, its not likely she is going anywhere...

I find it strange that Mr Haas wants to put his brand on a car again. the original merger with Mr Stewart was designed to make sure he didnt have to fund the team himself wasnt it?
Old 27 Aug 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3294639)   #364
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
Now that Kurt is sorted hopefully the rest fall into place quite quickly, Newman would be next on the list one would assume, then JPM, Bobby Labonte, AJ, Aric, Marcos & Co will be left with whats available.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3294653)   #365
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I am presuming that the GoDaddy kazillions of dollars are helping all 3 Sprint Cup programs along, so unless Ms Patrick wrecks every week, its not likely she is going anywhere...

I find it strange that Mr Haas wants to put his brand on a car again. the original merger with Mr Stewart was designed to make sure he didnt have to fund the team himself wasnt it?
Yeah you are right, I think Go Daddy Has even primary'd a weekend or
two on the other cars. Stewart has been 1 of my favorites from the begining,so I am hooked in the team a bit. It is going to be interesting to observe next year on many levels.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3294830)   #366
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Earnhardt Ganassi to announce #42 driver Friday: Earnhardt Ganassi Racing has scheduled a press conference to announce the new driver of the #42 Target Chevy on Friday at 2:35pm/et at Atlanta Motor Speedway.(8-27-2013)
Old 29 Aug 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3295673)   #367
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kyle Larson will be in the 42 if strong rumours are correct.

Can't help thinking that another year or two in Nationwide would be better for him. The kid's talented, but not ready for Cup IMO. The next Joey Logano, always struggling to live up to the hype? Just another rich kid elevated to superstardom way too soon?

Personally i would have taken a punt on a more experienced guy like Casey Mears or Gilliland. Talented but not well promoted or connected who might thrive in a bit better equipment.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3295915)   #368
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Buh-Bye Bobby

Quote:
AND AJ Allmendinger will become the full-time driver of the #47 Sprint Cup car for JTG Daugherty Racing in 2014, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday. Allmendinger has accepted a three-year deal to replace Bobby Labonte, who has been in the car since 2011. A formal announcement is expected Saturday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, where Allmendinger will drive the #47 in Sunday's Cup race.(ESPN)(8-29-2013)
Old 30 Aug 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3295971)   #369
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good for AJ...
Old 30 Aug 2013, 04:36 (Ref:3295998)   #370
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
With JTG rumored to be going to RCR Chevys (Dodge?) for its 2014 equipment.

Not sure i'd be moving away from MWR gear when it runs P2 in the title chase right now and besides Harvick nobody seems to be getting that much out of a RCR machines.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3296055)   #371
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
With JTG rumored to be going to RCR Chevys (Dodge?) for its 2014 equipment.

Not sure i'd be moving away from MWR gear when it runs P2 in the title chase right now and besides Harvick nobody seems to be getting that much out of a RCR machines.
Perhaps it was MWR that requested they look elsewhere?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3296273)   #372
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Good for AJ...
And good for JTG...
Old 1 Sep 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3297097)   #373
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Ambrose and Almorola back with RPM next year. McMurray back with Ganassi with Larson replacing Montoya next season.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3297925)   #374
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Well, this isn't turning out well for Jeff Burton...

Quote:
Burton to Swan Racing? Wendy Venturini reported at the end of Fox Sports' Race Day that the latest rumor in the garage has Ryan Newman on his way to Richard Childress Racing, but only as the third team, with #31-Jeff Burton moving to a "satellite team" for Childress. The #30 Swan Racing team was mention as the team for Burton, possibly with Caterpillar sponsorship. She also stated that David Stremme, current driver of the Swan Racing #30, is a part owner of that team, possibly complicating the deal.(9-1-2013)
Old 3 Sep 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3298156)   #375
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I like Jeff B but he hasn't won a race in something like 5 years, I don't see that changing anytime soon. One of the Dillon boys will have that seat soon.

And glad to see Taz coming back.