Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 13 Feb 2001, 10:21 (Ref:64515)   #1
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to American Magazine, Cycle News, Aaron Slight will be racing a Ducati for the Competition Accessories Team in the US this year alongside Larry Pegram. Aaron will test the bike at Willow Springs in the next day or so
Old 13 Feb 2001, 10:32 (Ref:64521)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now this is interesting, everybodies favourite bridesmaid on a Duke after years on Hondas.

Good luck Slighty.
Old 13 Feb 2001, 14:29 (Ref:64547)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
OK ..Im guilty of following too many series and missing alot of info on a particular series...BUT...WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE HONDA SUPERBIKE TEAM ????

are they still racing...why isnt Aaron with them and where is colin Edwards going to be ????

so many questions..i guess im gonna have to catch up on the superbike scene a bit..

anyway good luck in the US Aaron..you will be missed on the world scene but hopefully you will be back !!!
Old 14 Feb 2001, 02:23 (Ref:64651)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
marcus, were have you been mate,

slighty got dumped because honda wanted a japanese rider on there bike, now seeing okada got dumped from repsol honda 500cc gp and he helped test the vtr1000 (is that what it is called ) , he was the perfect choice.

so castrol honda sbk 2001 is

1. colin edwards
8. tady okada

and castrol honda 600cc ssp 2001 is

21. chris vermeulen (by himself)
Old 14 Feb 2001, 11:40 (Ref:64703)   #5
GroupB4me
Rookie

GroupB4me should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange ways at Castrol-Honda.
Dumping Slight was crazy. Coming back stronger each ride after that traumatic start to the year.
I also get the impression that it wasn't Tads idea to go to superbikes either. Maybe more to do with the manufacturer.
If they had to lose Slight, why not get in some young talent to groom with the World champ.
Okada is a great and fast racer, but a great and fast racer on his way to middle age.

Good luck to Slight.
I have always been a fan.
Kind of nags at me that if he was going to be world champ it would have happened by now.
He could have beaten his team mate Scott Russell at Kawasaki when they took out the title but Aaron was there as number two, and when he left for Honda, stated clearly he had seen the end of `team orders'.
Now it seems that Slight is off to US, hopefully to kick butt.
Seems ironic to see him on a Ducati after turning them down in WSB's over the years, also a bike meant for his old team mate from the rc45 days.
And who kicked his butt for the world title!