Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Aug 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3446678)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grid Autosport update

Got chatting to a guy at oulton park race track the other week and it turned out he was involved in the handling of the cars on the game. we had a good chat and he was asking about feed back. he let slip in a few weeks there is an update coming out with ex btcc super tourers. the only one he told me about was the old volvo 850 estate but he said a few will be on when it comes out.
could be good fun
Old 26 Aug 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3447714)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sounds interesting - I don't suppose you know if they'll be in the original liveries? Presumably this will be paid for DLC?
Old 26 Aug 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3447771)   #3
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably this will be the "Touring Car Legends" mini-expansion they mention in this blog post - I've been quietly hoping it would be supertourers, this sounds like what I've been hoping for

From the blog post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codies blog
At the heart of each pack is a brand new single player championship and along with it a selection of tracks, routes and cars.
I'm sure it will be paid DLC, I'm not too fussed as long as the price is reasonable. The car packs they've released so far have been around the £2.50 mark, which I thought was ok (not that I bought them, not really interested in that content). I'm interested to see what they do livery wise - I was expecting them to use the existing in-game team liveries, period liveries would be nice but licensing might be an issue.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3447774)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whoa...
Old 26 Aug 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3447802)   #5
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I've been having a nose around the web and there's more info out there...

Not going to link to other forums, but it looks like we will be getting Donington and Silverstone added, to form the "Touring Legends British Championship", and the accompanying leaked image shows the Volvo pretty clearly, can't make out the other car(s) though.

I'm definitely excited about this now
Old 29 Aug 2014, 00:46 (Ref:3448690)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys better be right!
Old 1 Sep 2014, 09:40 (Ref:3449433)   #7
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Full Support

Hi, unsure even if I am on the right page/pages, but I am told that someone has a replica of my Anglia racing car from the 1970's. It is racing in GTL (?) anyway, I just wanted to wish the driver well.
Enjoy!
Gerry Taylor SWISH Anglia.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3449686)   #8
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like the 850 estates for certain, I can also make out the Sierra RS500. The huge Blaupunkt logo across the rear of the Volvo makes me believe its non-original liveries though. It looks like EBC Brakes on Facebook posted this image but took it down. Click here to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Taylor View Post
Hi, unsure even if I am on the right page/pages, but I am told that someone has a replica of my Anglia racing car from the 1970's. It is racing in GTL (?) anyway, I just wanted to wish the driver well.
Enjoy!
Gerry Taylor SWISH Anglia.
From the photo I saw on Facebook, thats a modification for PC game, GT Legends. Its amazing what people can create in that game.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3454626)   #9
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Touring Legends pack is available. Volvo 850, E30 M3, RS500, Alfa Romeo 155 and Audi A4 Quattro.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3454630)   #10
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No period liveries as such apart from the Audi, but the BMW has Labatts and Fords have Eggenberger and Rouse inspired schemes.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3457111)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So has anybody got the Super Touring update? If so is it any good? Are there more Super Tourers to come?

Adding extra cars such as these as DLC has to be the way to go. Gran Turismo could learn from this - there is no 'buzz' around getting your hands on a Nissan Skyline GTR-34 ZB3 Type R STI GT P1 Mk2 XR Limited Edition Q Spec - but give people another Super Touring car and everyone's happy.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3457134)   #12
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
I got it at the weekend, only had a quick go at the first championship with the Alfa so far but pretty happy - Donington and Silverstone "feel" right to me, and racing those cars is great. As far as I've heard that's it though - no more DLC has been announced.

Regarding GT, in fairness there has been loads of new (and free) content over the last few months - the Sierra tarmac rally was added just last week and is good fun (in fact the main reason I haven't spent much time on Grid).
Old 24 Sep 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3457139)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I got it at the weekend, only had a quick go at the first championship with the Alfa so far but pretty happy - Donington and Silverstone "feel" right to me, and racing those cars is great. As far as I've heard that's it though - no more DLC has been announced.

Regarding GT, in fairness there has been loads of new (and free) content over the last few months - the Sierra tarmac rally was added just last week and is good fun (in fact the main reason I haven't spent much time on Grid).
GT has certainly been good at providing free DLC (I haven't go the Sierra yet though!) - I just wish they'd include more 'decent' content rather than endless rehashes of the same thing.

I'd hope that more Super Tourers would be released for Grid at some point - it's an 'eclectic' selection so far. I'd like a Laguna, Primera, Mondeo, Vectra, 406, S40 and Accord please
Old 24 Sep 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3457143)   #14
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
The Audi is disappointing in that it doesn't sound like one, but I'm enjoying the new cars.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3458092)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being able to play the old Silverstone GP circuit through Bridge is quite satisfying!

I agree it would have been nice to see a more genuine roster of supertourers like we seen in ToCA, but I was quite enjoying racing around in that Alfa! Could really do with a few more liveries.

ToCA 2 still had changeable weather and pit stops though... Just saying!
Old 8 Nov 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3472905)   #16
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over £10 on Xbox for the update/Touring car mod???? What a rip off! Especially when cars on the video do not actually look like they perform as they should/did and have no real paint jobs!
Microsoft or Codmasters do shock me on this one!