Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3570099)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Comgrats to Dixon on his 4th Championship. Before the race all eyes were pretty much focused on Montoya and Rahal.

Congrats to Ganassi on his 100th win.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:24 (Ref:3570100)   #27
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3570101)   #28
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Penske loses the championship in the last race for the 6th time in 7 years.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3570102)   #29
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have a preference between JPM and Dixie, and won't deny that it was a hell of a show at the end considering the lack of actual overtakes, but it's almost meaningless with this random implementation of double points.

Sorry, gotta keep beating that dead horse.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3570103)   #30
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was an intense race if not in track action but in drama. Those last few cautions giving Montoya places was making it very tense!

Certainly off that race Dixon deserved the title for keeping out of trouble, getting good fuel and making no mistakes.
Penske certainly don't seem to be well oiled slick machine they are made out to be when it really calls for it at times.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3570104)   #31
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ryan Briscoe denies Penske the title.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:29 (Ref:3570105)   #32
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As one of the biggest JPM fans out there.
A part of me died a few minutes ago.

I wonder if Will is going to be sacked for that?
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3570107)   #33
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Penske certainly don't seem to be well oiled slick machine they are made out to be when it really calls for it at times.
At Ganassi everyone was fighting for Dixon, at Penske everyone was fighting for himelf (except Pagenaud)

That may have made a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
I wonder if Will is going to be sacked for that?
Why would he?
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:42 (Ref:3570109)   #34
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So... WTF Bourdais?

WTF Pagenaud parking it in the pits?

I'd WTF the contact between Power and Montoya but it didn't look that ridiculous to me.

Love how Montoya blames double points, and Power blames the pit stop rules, for the championship loss.

I'm with the "double points is BS" crowd here - I like Dixon a lot but no way he should have been able to grab the championship under these circumstances. I do tend to agree with Montoya that one bad (last) race, with double points, takes away the championship. But to his credit, the first thing he said post race was "I threw it away".
Old 30 Aug 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3570111)   #35
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What ****es me off the most is that Montoya had a terrible day overall but salvaged a 6th place and still lost the championship. What more do you want from the guy?

EDIT: I find it funny how **** is censored but bullshit isn't.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 31 Aug 2015 at 01:06. Reason: Sorry, I clicked Edit by mistake. bjohnsonsmith
Old 31 Aug 2015, 00:54 (Ref:3570124)   #36
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The race actually reminded me a little of some the Laguna Seca finales of the mid 90s.

I do think double points is stupid and unnecessary. Every year shouldn't need to be a "decider", individual events should stand on their own two feet as worthy events to win in their own right.

Anyway, Montoya got the 500, which is what the year is about really. And Dixon did do a good job. Ganassi got the benefit of another count back but this time Montoya was at the losing end of it. Of course, that Fontana race way back then was also marred by a race tragedy, that of Greg Moore.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3570126)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
What ****es me off the most is that Montoya had a terrible day overall but salvaged a 6th place and still lost the championship. What more do you want from the guy?

EDIT: I find it funny how **** is censored but bullshit isn't.
I didn't censor this.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3570129)   #38
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Surprise result,I thought Dixons slim chances of winning the title would be same as Trump being your next President.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 01:33 (Ref:3570131)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Surprise result,I thought Dixons slim chances of winning the title would be same as Trump being your next President.
There's quite a bit of focus on Trump, for whatever reasons.

However, as far as the IndyCar championship was concerned it would seem the focus was mainly on Montoya and Rahal and Dixon was overlooked.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3570132)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Result:

1 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 2h09m14.2620s
2 Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 6.1115s
3 Charlie Kimball, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 7.1279s
4 Tony Kanaan, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 8.9030s
5 Ryan Briscoe, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 10.0749s
6 Juan Pablo Montoya, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 11.2548s
7 Will Power, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 12.4877s
8 Takuma Sato, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Honda. 16.0888s
9 Rodolfo Gonzalez, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 20.8011s
10 Mikhail Aleshin, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 22.5749s
11 Marco Andretti, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 23.6709s
12 Oriol Servia, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 24.4514s
13 Sebastian Saavedra, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 24.7775s
14 Gabby Chaves, Bryan Herta Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 25.5357s
15 Helio Castroneves, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 26.0659s
16 Simon Pagenaud, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 27.3185s
17 Stefano Coletti, KV Racing Technology. Dallara/Chevrolet. 35.1645s
18 Graham Rahal, Rahal, Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 36.4838s
19 Jack Hawksworth, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Honda. 38.9404s
20 Sebastien Bourdais, KVSH Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 42.5956s
21 Josef Newgarden, CFH Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 1 Lap
22 Carlos Munoz, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 1 Lap
23 Tristan Vautier, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 3 Laps
24 Luca Filippi, CFH Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 5 Laps
25 James Jakes, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. Contact

An extremely good result overall for Ganassi. A good showing by Sato in 8th; he managed not to crash and a worthy 10th place for Mikhail Aleshin.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 01:43 (Ref:3570135)   #41
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I didn't censor this.
Oh I know you didn't. I think the admins of the website decide that.

I wonder what other words are censored.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 01:47 (Ref:3570136)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Oh I know you didn't. I think the admins of the website decide that.

I wonder what other words are censored.
We could experiment?
Old 31 Aug 2015, 02:25 (Ref:3570141)   #43
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was an exciting end to the race, and the season, coming down to the last lap. I didn't care for the results though. Or the double points. And I agree with Power about the cautions. Nearly every Indycar race of the season ends up with the winner being the one who lucked out and happened to come in the pits right before a caution, or who stayed out and tooled around saving gas hoping a caution wouldn't come out. Usually a driver dominates the beginning of a race, and then ends up mid pack because a caution comes out at the wrong time, and then they're done for the race, unless they luck out again later in the race regarding pitting vs. caution coming out.

I don't know what the solution to this would be though. Will said if they always kept the pits open it would help and I guess that makes sense.

Buttocks.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 06:35 (Ref:3570167)   #44
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dixon won the most races this year and the double points rule has been known all year, i'm not a Dixon fanatic but he's definitely a worthy champ for the year i think.

Sure Montoya led the points race all year, but he hasn't won since the 500.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3570191)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
It was an exciting end to the race, and the season, coming down to the last lap. I didn't care for the results though. Or the double points. And I agree with Power about the cautions. Nearly every Indycar race of the season ends up with the winner being the one who lucked out and happened to come in the pits right before a caution, or who stayed out and tooled around saving gas hoping a caution wouldn't come out. Usually a driver dominates the beginning of a race, and then ends up mid pack because a caution comes out at the wrong time, and then they're done for the race, unless they luck out again later in the race regarding pitting vs. caution coming out.

I don't know what the solution to this would be though. Will said if they always kept the pits open it would help and I guess that makes sense.

Buttocks.
I think there have been some unnecessary cautions this year and the one given for Luca Filippi slowing down on the track yesterday, is a good example.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3570194)   #46
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great race and a worthy finale to an excellent season.

If not for the double points would the final few laps be as riveting?

OK for Montoya and Power to complain but if they didn't run into each other things may have worked out differently.

Scott Dixon is the best and most complete racer in Indycar and a worthy Champion (again).

However I don't think double points are a good idea in any Round of any Championship!
Old 31 Aug 2015, 09:20 (Ref:3570198)   #47
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the end of the championship the right people are at the front so the cautions don't affect the results that much. It's not like Dracone won the title as he got some lucky yellows. Dixon kept out of trouble mostly all year. Can only remember the Kimball nerf at Detroit. He won 3 races so more than deserving.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3570210)   #48
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We could experiment?

Hm, those five are on the list.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3570217)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post

Hm, those five are on the list.
Excellent. That clear's that up then.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3570235)   #50
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think there have been some unnecessary cautions this year and the one given for Luca Filippi slowing down on the track yesterday, is a good example.
I think that the series needs to rethink the safety car rules on road and street courses. The Filippi thing shouldn't have been a safety car anyway, but even if it was, was it really necessary to close the pits? The results are random too often. Ovals need as many cautions, if not more.