Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jul 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1962738)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DTM - Mugello (ITA) - Round 6, 15th July 07

Audi '07's on the ball in practice.

Carroll quits to try and go for that GP2 title. Winkelhock replaces him at Futurecom-TME.
Old 14 Jul 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1963050)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Qualifying

1 - Mattias Ekström [3] - Team Abt Sportsline - Audi A4 DTM - 1:43.851

2 - Tom Kristensen [7] - Team Abt Sportsline - Audi A4 DTM - 1:44.065

3 - Martin Tomczyk [4] - Team Abt Sportsline - Audi A4 DTM - 1:44.080

4 - Timo Scheider [8] - Team Abt Sportsline - Audi A4 DTM - 1:44.118

5 - Alexandre Prémat [17] - Team Phoenix - Audi A4 DTM - 1:44.514

6 - Bruno Spengler [2] - HWA AG Mercedes - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:44.696

7 - Jamie Green [5] - HWA AG Mercedes - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:44.774

8 - Mike Rockenfeller [11] - Team Rosberg - Audi A4 DTM - 1:44.845

9 - Christian Abt [16] - Team Phoenix - Audi A4 DTM - 1:45.174

10 - Daniel la Rosa [15] - Mucke Motorsport - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:45.178

11 - Bernd Schneider [1] - HWA AG Mercedes - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:45.312

12 - Paul di Resta [19] - Persson Motorsport - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:45.354

13 - Markus Winkelhock [20] - Futurecom TME - Audi A4 DTM - 1:45.758

14 - Lucas Luhr [12] - Team Rosberg - Audi A4 DTM - No time

15 - Mika Häkkinen [6] - HWA AG Mercedes - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:45.578

16 - Gary Paffett [9] - Persson Motorsport - AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:45.683

17 - Mathias Lauda [18] - Mucke Motorsport - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:45.934

18 - Susie Stoddart [14] - Mucke Motorsport - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:46.352

19 - Alexandros Margaritis [10] - Persson Motorsport - AMG Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:46.485

20 - Vanina Ickx [21] - Futurecom TME - Audi A4 DTM - 1:47.589

Abt Audi VERY dominant!
Old 15 Jul 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1963713)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great win by Hakkinen. Love Muggelo as well.

Kirby and Cole the worst commentaters ever.
Old 15 Jul 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1963732)   #4
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really odd result, thanks to mandatory pit stops and safety car, again.
Old 15 Jul 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1963742)   #5
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Very disappointing result for Audi after great qualification
Old 15 Jul 2007, 19:35 (Ref:1963796)   #6
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Very disappointing result for Audi after great qualification
And it was mostly due to their own mistakes, not bad luck. Scheider had a lousy start, Tomczyk and Kristensen had really long pitstops and Premat and Rockenfeller got penalties.
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:27 (Ref:1963842)   #7
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a lucky but still good win by Hakk. Thought Ekstrom had an awesome weekend, and deserved to win really. Ekky is my tip for the title still. Good drive by Di Resta again, he deserves a more up to date drive, which im sure he will be given next year.

Im noticing a lack of debate on this event and the DTM in general. Are people getting bored with the DTMs? I personally think we NEED a third (and would love a fourth ) manufacturer to help the series progress

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1963853)   #8
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
surrealillusion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i love the DTM's! Been struggling to watch the races recently. If i had the time and money, i'd travel and see all the races. But i dont sadly. MotorsTV really need to sort out the commentators. They are appaling.

The season review dvd's are good. Different commentators, and so much better. Just a shame the reviews are so short. No warm up, no qualifying news, the whole season in less than an hour.

Surreal Illusions Motorsport Photography
Old 15 Jul 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1963912)   #9
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you not think Mark Coles ok? I know he's abit boring, but on the whole he knows what he's talking about. He's not the best commentator ever, but i can cope with him.

Carlton Kirby is uselss, but i've grown to live with his mistakes, and i dont mind him too much either really. On the whole i still would prefer a new commentry team though

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 16 Jul 2007, 09:09 (Ref:1964200)   #10
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
Yeah..they're certainly better than the drab american commentator they had a few years back. He had no life in his voice whatsoever.

You cant fault carlton for his enthusiasm though, which helps in commentating. Just a shame he doesn't know what he's going on about.

Old 16 Jul 2007, 12:25 (Ref:1964356)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cole is ok but better as a narrator for highlights of races on world motorsport I believe.

Kirby is just terrible. He doesn't know any of the rules in F3 or DTM so he is always saying the wrong stuff to viewers. He just doesn't know what he's talking about.

He also thinks he's funny all the time and he isn't.

Tim Harvey was good when he used to the rounds when they didn't clash with BTCC.

Gareth Reece and Peter Dumbreck were good as well.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1964401)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The DTM is great but I've been struggling to keep up to date with it this year - I don't have Motors TV are the races streamed online anywhere? Another manufacturer would be great but are any really likely to join? It'd need to be someone like BMW, Jaguar, Volvo or Lexus to make any sense and realistically are any of those going to take the plunge?
Old 16 Jul 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1964428)   #13
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
i think the official website dtm.de shows highlights. Or at least it did for last year.

Cant seem to work out how to log in or retrieve passwords etc as its all in german..

Old 16 Jul 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1965078)   #14
leglizone
Racer

Italy
Monza Italy
leglizone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just some images from thi very hot race in Tuscany, 39°C on sunday...

Old 16 Jul 2007, 20:51 (Ref:1965122)   #15
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome pictures! Do you have links to a photo album?
Old 16 Jul 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1965146)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Wow stunning photos!
Old 16 Jul 2007, 21:19 (Ref:1965147)   #17
leglizone
Racer

Italy
Monza Italy
leglizone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
Awesome pictures! Do you have links to a photo album?

Yes kmchow, my photo album link is:

http://community.webshots.com/user/leglizone

But I can't update it with DTM photos until tomorrow...
Old 17 Jul 2007, 08:50 (Ref:1965479)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Mika Hakkinen get another win, just a pity he aint more consistent over the course of the championship . I hope Audi win the drivers title with Mattias Ekstrom aswell .
Old 18 Jul 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1966479)   #19
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may well be the most negative post I will ever do, its not normally my thing to criticise for the sake of criticising but I'm somewhat compelled to do so, I got round to watching the Mugello race yesterday and I must say that for the first time in a very long time, I found myself getting slightly irritated and thinking Mr.Kirby should stop shouting and/or let Mark Cole have a go at commentating!

I'm one of those people who think Mark Cole is ok and Mr. Kirby is tolerable once you get used to his style. The commentary for this race (not to mention the lack of synchronisation between the pictures and sound) spoiled the coverage in my view. During the first round of pitstops for instance, Carlton seemed to digress all over the place and just plain waffle, poor puns and irrelevant jokes only he seems to find funny. What was the point?

On a positive note, I felt the last ten laps of the race was fairly enjoyable, its always good to see one car chasing down another car against the clock/laps.

Sadly, DTM this season hasn't really thrilled me, I'm beginning to approach it with the same attitude I have towards SuperGT i.e. the racing can be quite dull but its always nice to see the cars being driven hard so on that basis I'll still watch them.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1966540)   #20
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglizone
Yes kmchow, my photo album link is:

http://community.webshots.com/user/leglizone

But I can't update it with DTM photos until tomorrow...
Lovely photos, thanks.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1966542)   #21
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
This may well be the most negative post I will ever do, its not normally my thing to criticise for the sake of criticising but I'm somewhat compelled to do so, I got round to watching the Mugello race yesterday and I must say that for the first time in a very long time, I found myself getting slightly irritated and thinking Mr.Kirby should stop shouting and/or let Mark Cole have a go at commentating!

I'm one of those people who think Mark Cole is ok and Mr. Kirby is tolerable once you get used to his style. The commentary for this race (not to mention the lack of synchronisation between the pictures and sound) spoiled the coverage in my view. During the first round of pitstops for instance, Carlton seemed to digress all over the place and just plain waffle, poor puns and irrelevant jokes only he seems to find funny. What was the point?

On a positive note, I felt the last ten laps of the race was fairly enjoyable, its always good to see one car chasing down another car against the clock/laps.

Sadly, DTM this season hasn't really thrilled me, I'm beginning to approach it with the same attitude I have towards SuperGT i.e. the racing can be quite dull but its always nice to see the cars being driven hard so on that basis I'll still watch them.
I forgot to mention, great drive from di Resta. If I was Jamie Green, I would be looking very nervously over my shoulder. Some might say he has never really delivered on his 'works' drive and time is running out. I will be surprised if he keeps his seat next year.