Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Apr 2007, 09:05 (Ref:1893655)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spa 6 Hour 2007

As I have just recieved the invitation email from Redwater I would like to declare the Spa 2007 thread open!! Who is up for the 6 Hour race?
Old 17 Apr 2007, 09:08 (Ref:1893659)   #2
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ofcourse
Old 17 Apr 2007, 11:11 (Ref:1893741)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm up for it . . . .not sure my Bank manager is though!

I've already planned events this year, if your going to do it its all you can commit to for the year with the particular car IMO

next year is my target . . . . .
Old 17 Apr 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1893828)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I would love to but I don't have a car eligible. Also I don't know if I could eat all those carrots !
Old 17 Apr 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1893830)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've already got Gordon on a retainer for next year

my cars eligible, and has a reading glasses holder
Old 17 Apr 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1893976)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I,ll give it some thought !Yeah ,count me in
Old 17 Apr 2007, 20:12 (Ref:1894190)   #7
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just being nosy, I have supported cars at the Six hours a couple of times now and have always really enjoyed it. two questions. How much is an entry? and how hard is it to get an entry?

Best regards

daj
Old 17 Apr 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1894203)   #8
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by daj
Just being nosy, I have supported cars at the Six hours a couple of times now and have always really enjoyed it. two questions. How much is an entry? and how hard is it to get an entry?

Best regards

daj
pre 65 car with fia and 1650 sterling under the wipers............and its worth it!!!!
Old 17 Apr 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1894217)   #9
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it always pre-65? There are always BMW 2002`s in it?
Old 18 Apr 2007, 04:40 (Ref:1894406)   #10
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've sent off my entry for the Corvette already! Can't wait!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 06:07 (Ref:1894419)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Once again entered for the Top Hat support and when Barry gets his act together I'll enter his race too (if he's got a slot this year).
Old 18 Apr 2007, 06:39 (Ref:1894426)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I've entered the U2TC race, I believe Roger has also, for me its the best weekend of the year.

Are you going to run 10" slicks and a 7L V8 for Barries Race Peter ? Keep up with the Rods, and away from the Elises!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1894438)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope. I'll just not try to pass the Elises this year.

Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

It seems that the Group 2 cars in the 70's series may be running slicks next year. If so I hope we can too seeing as its in period.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:07 (Ref:1894443)   #14
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by daj
is it always pre-65? There are always BMW 2002`s in it?
there is an invitation class for 66-71. As Zef says - it is the ultimate petrolhead boy's weekend. I am looking forward to it already.
After the disappointment of last years race I think we have a good chance this year (so long as Spa has restocked its fuel pumps, I dread to think how much the Corvette is going to use over 6 hours!!!). Large tracts of the forest will be replanted to recoup the carbon footprint!!!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:09 (Ref:1894444)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is good news and bad news Peter,The good news -Barry does have a slot,the bad news-there are 15 Elise,s entered
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:29 (Ref:1894451)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
there is an invitation class for 66-71. As Zef says - it is the ultimate petrolhead boy's weekend. I am looking forward to it already.
After the disappointment of last years race I think we have a good chance this year (so long as Spa has restocked its fuel pumps, I dread to think how much the Corvette is going to use over 6 hours!!!). Large tracts of the forest will be replanted to recoup the carbon footprint!!!

We used to recon on 80ltrs per hour when we ran the Griff,s. Me,in the "B" should have 90ltrs for 3hrs
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1894462)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
There is good news and bad news Peter,The good news -Barry does have a slot,the bad news-there are 15 Elise,s entered
I'd better qualify higher up the grid then.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1895589)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You remember we were wondering where the Chip Stall would be sighted at the New Bus Stop,well I think that with just a small amount of alteration Peter,you,re new trailer-------
Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:24 (Ref:1895600)   #19
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone want me to come ?
Or only Judith?
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:01 (Ref:1895623)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Now you come to mention it Jeremy,ohh,,alright ,, but you must promise to behave.!!! We know that Judith will ,as always.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1895699)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
LAk reckons a litre a minute in the Falcon . . .I reckon 35 an hour in the GT, maybe nearer 40 at Spa . . .its not Silverstone Flat !!!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1895709)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So in a Griff ,Four I.D.As 80 per hour was,nt bad going then.!
Old 20 Apr 2007, 11:59 (Ref:1896218)   #23
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
We used to recon on 80ltrs per hour when we ran the Griff,s. Me,in the "B" should have 90ltrs for 3hrs
i am wondering about your pitstop schedule......??
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:00 (Ref:1896221)   #24
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
LAk reckons a litre a minute in the Falcon . . .I reckon 35 an hour in the GT, maybe nearer 40 at Spa . . .its not Silverstone Flat !!!
a litre the minute is Healeystuff a Falcon should want more or????
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1896229)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
only if its over tuned Esper LAKs car is relatively relaxed (and legal!) compared to many V8's out there