Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:52 (Ref:2015321)   #301
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Roger, chase the MSA, I got a copy of the HOmologation papers ( that makes 3 copies now, one on file, one in workshop, and one with car/HTP)

I carry H papers and HTP together

I also have a little stash of most other european pre66 saloons !!!
Old 17 Sep 2007, 08:10 (Ref:2015341)   #302
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!

Last edited by zefarelly; 17 Sep 2007 at 08:16.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 09:52 (Ref:2015444)   #303
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do I go about getting a set of Homologation forms? Zef, have you got a copy of them for Alfa GTA?
Old 17 Sep 2007, 11:57 (Ref:2015566)   #304
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Marcus Pye is your man . . .not sure if I have GTA papers, I'll have a look
Old 17 Sep 2007, 13:46 (Ref:2015710)   #305
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Marcus Pye is your man . . .not sure if I have GTA papers, I'll have a look

I think I may have a copy of these papers - and some others.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 19:34 (Ref:2016084)   #306
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the 4 wheel penalties at Spa:
I've written it here somewhere before, it all depends which club runs the event. The 6 Hour is run by Spa itself, at least in one of the many disguises. CotC in that case is our beloved (yuk) Mr. Delettre.

He goes on about his asphalt like Mr. Palmer about his grass: STAY OFF.

Usually his punishment is like thus:
first time in practice: fastest lap is gone
second time: the 2 fastest laps are gone
third time: you will start at the back
if for whatever reason you still carry on: oh dear!

first time in the race: +10 seconds
second time: +30 seconds
third time: GO HOME

The no-no spots are: top left of Eau Rouge, Pouhon (double left), Blanchimont, the exit of Busstop and La Source.
The hardest penalties will be given for Eau Rouge and Blanchimont.

But then again he may have a good mood. Now that would be a novelty.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:17 (Ref:2016222)   #307
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
About the 4 wheel penalties at Spa:
I've written it here somewhere before, it all depends which club runs the event. The 6 Hour is run by Spa itself, at least in one of the many disguises. CotC in that case is our beloved (yuk) Mr. Delettre.

He goes on about his asphalt like Mr. Palmer about his grass: STAY OFF.

Usually his punishment is like thus:
first time in practice: fastest lap is gone
second time: the 2 fastest laps are gone
third time: you will start at the back
if for whatever reason you still carry on: oh dear!

first time in the race: +10 seconds
second time: +30 seconds
third time: GO HOME

The no-no spots are: top left of Eau Rouge, Pouhon (double left), Blanchimont, the exit of Busstop and La Source.
The hardest penalties will be given for Eau Rouge and Blanchimont.

But then again he may have a good mood. Now that would be a novelty.
I think its okay!
In Wimbledon they are more nervous about going over the line . After all its a game , respect the rules.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 23:03 (Ref:2016298)   #308
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know nothing about the six hour at Spa other than it's probably the best race of the year and if I can finally talk Vincenzo into building me an MGB that fits me it would be the highlight of my year; but are the penalties/rules really that draconian about going off track??
I ask this in agreeance, fantastic if they are, it's exactly how it should be (says me who manged a 720 on the grass in practice at Thruxton on Sunday!!)!!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 05:03 (Ref:2016419)   #309
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can use the kerbs but you can't crosss them. In the wet it isn't an issue. The typical points where drivers cross the kerbs are Radillon and Blanchiment. Both are generally caused by overcooking the entry. The observers can tell if it is deliberate or accidental.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 05:45 (Ref:2016430)   #310
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
I know nothing about the six hour at Spa other than it's probably the best race of the year and if I can finally talk Vincenzo into building me an MGB that fits me it would be the highlight of my year; but are the penalties/rules really that draconian about going off track??
I ask this in agreeance, fantastic if they are, it's exactly how it should be (says me who manged a 720 on the grass in practice at Thruxton on Sunday!!)!!
The marshalls are generally looking to see if it was simply a c0ck-up or the driver is trying to gain an advantage by crossing the curb. It is generally very obvious which it is. I've never heard of a penalty for the former!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 08:10 (Ref:2016520)   #311
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happens if you do a Lewis Hamilton and go off on the forbidden tarmac but don't obtain an advantage. Are you still penalised best lap in practice and 10 sec in the race and so on?
Old 18 Sep 2007, 08:13 (Ref:2016525)   #312
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
See Roger's post above.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 09:31 (Ref:2016612)   #313
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
theres nothing new in any of that . . .If anyone took any notice and cares to remember drivers briefs last year they said pretty much exactly the same thing.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 11:16 (Ref:2016736)   #314
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, new rules at Spa for their own races: for whatever reason you go off, your time is disallowed.
Annoys me quite often when somebody just manages to stay out of the tyrewall and still has his time taken away. But that is Mr. Delettre.
High horse and things like that.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 11:20 (Ref:2016742)   #315
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
It's going to be my first time at Spa, so it will be interesting to be 'in' on the decision making process!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 11:21 (Ref:2016746)   #316
GBRM
Veteran

England
Sounds a bit draconian but at least everyone knows what to expect, no excuses.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 11:35 (Ref:2016765)   #317
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
not really Gregor . . .pay £550 for a race and the same again in travel etc for a race weekend and I want all the track time I can get
not some bell end parking it in the tyres and causing a safety car/red flag as happened 3 times in my race at Spa last year.

I think they should put marbles down on the tarmac run off areas for historics as well, we're not F1 lightweights
Old 18 Sep 2007, 12:48 (Ref:2016871)   #318
GBRM
Veteran

England
Sorry, what I meant was hopefully it means people do drive a bit more sensibly and therefore less accidents/stoppages, more trakc time and hopefully you get your money's worth.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 13:12 (Ref:2016906)   #319
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
well with Johngee there I'm sure people will behave

and despite all the changes at Spa they still have stocks in Parc Ferme, with free tomatoes from Malmedy Market

John will no doubt take him thumb screws as well
Old 18 Sep 2007, 14:39 (Ref:2016995)   #320
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh,Goody!,Thumb Screws,my favorite!!!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 16:23 (Ref:2017091)   #321
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
It's going to be my first time at Spa, so it will be interesting to be 'in' on the decision making process!
Will cash be ok John?
Old 18 Sep 2007, 16:32 (Ref:2017100)   #322
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa
Will cash be ok John?
Fine - any currency, bearer bonds etc. - but not, I think, Northen Rock shares
Old 18 Sep 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2017102)   #323
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Oh,Goody!,Thumb Screws,my favorite!!!
I suppose you want me to bring a leather clad dominatrix with me as well?
Old 18 Sep 2007, 16:51 (Ref:2017116)   #324
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now begin to understand why the masters of the uiniverse in Colnbroojk have warned you off John
Old 18 Sep 2007, 16:58 (Ref:2017124)   #325
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
But then again, he (Delettre) may choose to do zilch for the 4 wheels over.
He is Walloon, so not very predictable.

For the Euroraces it went sort of like this: all 4 wheels over for all the races have to be reported (as they should). Then they called us and said the French Porsches needed no reporting. So nobody did any reporting and 1 driver complained, as he was the only one driving between the white lines. Next thing, they called us again and asked for the cars that had been running over the kerbs.
At that moment we were already well into the next race.
Numbers? Who? Err, all of them basically. Yes, but what time? Duh!

And then they always wonder why I do most of my marshalling in the UK.