Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2007, 19:29 (Ref:2084490)   #1301
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good news everyone. We had our Historic FF2000 AGM today and Graham White has invited us to race in the HSCC single seater race. How are you getting on with the bus Eddy ?
Old 17 Dec 2007, 09:21 (Ref:2090370)   #1302
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats great news for people with Single seaters isnt it Delta, I think its their turn at last................
Old 18 Dec 2007, 22:20 (Ref:2091593)   #1303
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes its good news for us. There are other races for the saloon car boys so i dont think anyone is going to miss out.I think the single seaters blotted their book a couple of years ago when the race was red flaged twice and we only had one racing lap. I did not mind to much as i was 2nd overall and 1st in class.I had a customer come from Florida to race a Delta . He reminds me every now and then how much it cost him for his one lap race at Spa.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 08:50 (Ref:2091803)   #1304
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What classes are invited for the HSCC singleseater race are invited to their slot at the 6 hours weekend ?
It it F3 as well, then my son would be thrilled.
He think he would get the Cortina alone that weekend.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2091812)   #1305
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Is this 2008 Spa? New Thread
Old 19 Dec 2007, 10:06 (Ref:2091833)   #1306
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're probably right, John. If I can find the time to separate any 2008 stuff from 2007 and all the chitchat (which seems to form an inordinately large part of this thread ), I will do so. I may even add it into the thread poor old Simon Drabble started on the 2008 event, only to get his knuckles rapped!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 11:51 (Ref:2091882)   #1307
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose it is getting a bit closer to that time of year John[T].It's only fair that we give the Honor to him,assuming his knuckles have healed sufficiently that is.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:05 (Ref:2091897)   #1308
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I suppose it is getting a bit closer to that time of year John[T].It's only fair that we give the Honor to him,assuming his knuckles have healed sufficiently that is.
One really nice thing is not having to book the Hotel.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:12 (Ref:2091904)   #1309
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Is this 2008 Spa? New Thread
This is Spa 2008 alright, but not the 6 Hour event. There is another sort of Historic event somewhere in June. (I think.)
Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:53 (Ref:2091930)   #1310
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
There is Eddy,plus theres Barry's return race with RMU.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 17:46 (Ref:2092099)   #1311
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "I think" was for the date Terry. I know there is something going on, wasn't sure about the month.
Besides, you should know by now that it is hard for me when I have to think.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2092291)   #1312
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
There is Eddy,plus theres Barry's return race with RMU.
mmmm I am generating energy over the nexxxxxxt days , but the return of Barry , you know, that would be a charming threat.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:21 (Ref:2092304)   #1313
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
The "I think" was for the date Terry. I know there is something going on, wasn't sure about the month.
Besides, you should know by now that it is hard for me when I have to think.
Early part of June [So Far] I think!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:41 (Ref:2092315)   #1314
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
At least it shouldn't snow, like the early Barry race we did a couple of years back
While I'm on here did you see that picture of "an" Anglia in Motorsport News today !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:53 (Ref:2092325)   #1315
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, didnt notice it or the contrast of the photography!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:12 (Ref:2092575)   #1316
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
mmmm I am generating energy over the nexxxxxxt days , but the return of Barry , you know, that would be a charming treat
Entry fee for next year will be £700 for a 40minuit race in June.
Esper, do you get energy from beer?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 22:09 (Ref:2093016)   #1317
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
HSCC single seater race is for Single seaters built before Dec 1980 and under 2 litre.I hope that includes F3 as i intend to bring my 793 March. Merry Christmas everyone
Old 24 Dec 2007, 14:54 (Ref:2094479)   #1318
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Here is the latest 2008 draft calendar for Spa 2008:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spa01.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	18624
Old 31 Dec 2007, 09:12 (Ref:2096995)   #1319
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
We're going to have to wait for a date for Barry's race,Vincent and Alain are not sure themselves now.Hopefully they will know by the Autosport Show.!!!
Old 1 Jan 2008, 14:16 (Ref:2097567)   #1320
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Well, in-case no-one noticed,IT's 2008. Where's Drabble,not too bored I hope

See-ing as we have the chance of two visits this year,there could be enough to discuss.
Old 1 Jan 2008, 16:04 (Ref:2097615)   #1321
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh yeah, right, you were really struggling with just one event, with only 88 pages of waffle ..... er, I mean discussion so far!

Happy New Year to all, by the way!
Old 1 Jan 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2097642)   #1322
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Waffle? In this case Liege waffles then.
With syrup.
Old 1 Jan 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2097646)   #1323
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Oh yeah, right, you were really struggling with just one event, with only 88 pages of waffle ..... er, I mean discussion so far!

Happy New Year to all, by the way!

Happy New Spa---Year. I beg to differ,it was only 48 of waffle[Eddy,dont be facetious]
With the chance of two visits this year,just think of what could be done.
Right,Where's Esper.
Old 1 Jan 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2097656)   #1324
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Can we have Spa 6 Hours 2008 ver1.1 and 1.2 threads then, and if the race starts late re-name it the "Spa 6 Hour 2008 Altered" thread?
Old 2 Jan 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2098142)   #1325
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I think I'll be able to sort the new threads out; just have to get into the right mood. And ...... where is Mr Drabble; has he swanned off to warmer climes for the duration?