Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Aug 2007, 09:05 (Ref:1993385)   #151
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I watched the 24 Hour GT race on the telly and was surprised that the were able to use the run out so much and thought about adopting a similar style when I am next there (sadly not this year despite a very kind and extremely tempting offer from a fellow ten tenther) so sad to hear it looks like we will have to stick to the track!
Comment in the pit/paddock at the time was that they couldn't really police this at night!
I would say there's a good 10-15MPH exit speed difference by cutting the kerb at the top of Raidillon... With that nice long straight to Kemmel?
Also, there's a HUGE run off area all the way round the 'bus stop', all tarmac, so yes, you get folk using what's there...
As said, I'd have tyre barriers up, just the wrong side of the kerbs... NOW try to cut THAT!?!?!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 09:43 (Ref:1993415)   #152
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
your going to practice a lot !!!! as undefined sources inform me about BSCC exploits

Who are you talking to Esper,me or Gordon? I think you will have to explain yourself.Are we talking 2004?Class pole, Class Win, and fastest lap????
Old 21 Aug 2007, 10:14 (Ref:1993446)   #153
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you phoned Barry this morning to arange the class win of 2008. Apropops Spa 6h Gordons Avater/picture is great but reminds me of my eyes getting older. its so small!!!!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1993448)   #154
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
you phoned Barry this morning to arange the class win of 2008. Apropops Spa 6h Gordons Avater/picture is great but reminds me of my eyes getting older. its so small!!!!
Aha!Now I understand,so it was you who interupted our conversation. It was this years ,not next
Old 21 Aug 2007, 11:01 (Ref:1993485)   #155
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I need a TC button . . . Twin Cam !

although I'm determined to improve what I've got, just to pi55 a few people off who have TC's!

as for drifting, you can keep it, it surely can't be faster than getting it right
Old 21 Aug 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1993496)   #156
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Entry+Exit speeds are higher Zef,but it is harder on the car.OK if you,r getting bored though .Possibly not the thing to be doing in the 6hr if the chequered is the main aim!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1993633)   #157
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ju8dging by the amount of DNF's crashes and red flags in tin tops in the last few years I don't think its the thing to do in 1 hour races either!

last time I had a big moment some whisky splashed out the glass and put my cigar out so I try my damn hardest to keep a good smooth line
Old 21 Aug 2007, 13:52 (Ref:1993652)   #158
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
ju8dging by the amount of DNF's crashes and red flags in tin tops in the last few years I don't think its the thing to do in 1 hour races either!

last time I had a big moment some whisky splashed out the glass and put my cigar out so I try my damn hardest to keep a good smooth line
Now thats a different matter! I dont know about you ,but a smooth line is a difficult one for me after 5 or 6 whishkeys.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 15:17 (Ref:1993721)   #159
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I find it takes 10 and then I'm VERY smooth....
Well, it feels that way from in here!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1993731)   #160
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thats appalling,drinking whilst at the wheel. I keep thinking about this and I,ve got to write it downEtc;Why do we have to have Sports Racers out there? I know variety is the whatever but!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1993857)   #161
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that there is a likely chance all starts will be from the F1 startline, going towards La Source. Like their 4 wheels over thing it depends in what mood they are where the starts are given.
There was a crash in every single start last weekend at LS.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1993879)   #162
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Oh goody,we have something to look forward to thenTheres a possibility that the six hour will be the slowest race start ever!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1994308)   #163
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I'd say that would sort the men from the boys, trouble is the boys crash in to the men and damage our cars !!!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 08:41 (Ref:1994336)   #164
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I'd say that would sort the men from the boys, trouble is the boys crash in to the men and damage our cars !!!
But we wont have any Elise,s out there,never a bad thing. It could be fun!or it could be over to the bar very early.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:12 (Ref:1994417)   #165
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
i should be dpone Sat pm, so I'll be at the bar when you start anyway!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1994421)   #166
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
If that is the case,don,t forget it finishes at 10.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1994422)   #167
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
You can buy me a drink then!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1994435)   #168
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Errr, you HOPE it finishes at 10. Lately there were some "small" delays in the running of events because of more big offs.

The cars that go off at Eau Rouge now nearly get as far as post 4, that is the following righthander. There was actually one last week that went even further.

Order the drinks a wee bit later.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1994452)   #169
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the race finishes 6 hours after it starts, if you children can't keep it on the island in the meantime -well the clock is still ticking!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 12:02 (Ref:1994460)   #170
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Keeping it on the island isnt the problem,it,s the black ribbon thats the problem,Wecome back Jeremy,I dread to think how much of this you,ve been reading
Old 22 Aug 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1994469)   #171
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
rats, what have I done now . . .this could be an expensive weekend!
Old 22 Aug 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1994478)   #172
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Is Dom Perignon 76 expensive then?
Old 22 Aug 2007, 12:40 (Ref:1994484)   #173
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee

Not for someone like Zef,well,he has been invited to GoodwoodBesides,I thought Eddy will be there as well,they can split the cost. I,ll [hopefully] still be in my suit,no room for a wallet! Sorry.!

Last edited by terence; 22 Aug 2007 at 12:44.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 13:52 (Ref:1994509)   #174
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
judging by the size of some suits I see I'd say they hold large wallets

either that or overindulgent old men

or both
Old 22 Aug 2007, 13:53 (Ref:1994510)   #175
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
about the same as Brut 33 I think

but I thought you prefered mad dog 20/20 John ?