Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jan 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2098239)   #1326
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I think he just got bored and took up knitting
Old 3 Jan 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2098421)   #1327
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been in a hotter climate in all senses - Kenya! now what about the historic East African Rally - having seen the country it must be truly awesome - possibly more exciting than Spa or is that impossible?!!
Old 3 Jan 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2098438)   #1328
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
its rallying not racing, so thats another type of car you have to daydream about buying !
Old 3 Jan 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2098444)   #1329
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I have been in a hotter climate in all senses - Kenya! now what about the historic East African Rally - having seen the country it must be truly awesome - possibly more exciting than Spa or is that impossible?!!

Bet you're glad you came back when you did!

Zef,welcome back,it's been quite lonely on here .You going to the Autosport Show?
Simon,days on end of stifling heat,chocking dust,I'm sticking with Spa!!

Last edited by terence; 3 Jan 2008 at 09:35.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 10:08 (Ref:2098466)   #1330
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Terry I am - got back yesterday and fear it could kick off today which is very sad as its such a lovely country but that is all very off topic!
Old 7 Jan 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2101441)   #1331
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I had to take 3 weeks off to recover from my haircut, also the computer went on the blink but its working again I think ! Happy new year.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jan 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2101661)   #1332
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Does that mean there will soon be a new avatar Gordon? You will have to do one so that we can all recognise you!
Old 9 Jan 2008, 02:04 (Ref:2102296)   #1333
mattius
Rookie

mattius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey guys i was at spa watching with my camera, took hundreds of photos which can be found here
http://www.mattinglis.com/copp/thumb...lbum=31&page=1

if you want the fullsize one gimme a shout i'll e-mail it to ya.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2104357)   #1334
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just got in from work pouring with rain have a stinking cold and a weekend of helping my 87 year old parents pack up their house contents before they move next week.Not much to look forward too,but then wait a minuit its only 257 days till i turn off the E42 and wind the Delta truck up to take the Masta kink flat one more time.Cant wait !!!!
Old 11 Jan 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2104387)   #1335
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Why wait that long? we can go back in May/June [When they finally sort out a -------- date!!!]
Old 11 Jan 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2104392)   #1336
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the Spa website and the last draft calendar I got, it says RMU (if they do Historics) on May 18 and Masters on June 15.

But it is Spa and they tend to ....
Old 11 Jan 2008, 21:59 (Ref:2104465)   #1337
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Barry is having discussions with Alain and Vincent as I write this Eddy,as you say,it is Spa we're talking about!
Old 13 Jan 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2105330)   #1338
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
According to the Spa website and the last draft calendar I got, it says RMU (if they do Historics) on May 18 and Masters on June 15.
It's not the full Masters 'package' in June - just Top Hat saloons, Cloth Cap sportscars, 'Oldies but Goodies' and 'Stars of the 70's'.....but the Masters calendar is marked that they will be combined with other races.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 20:35 (Ref:2105471)   #1339
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
It's not the full Masters 'package' in June - just Top Hat saloons, Cloth Cap sportscars, 'Oldies but Goodies' and 'Stars of the 70's'.....but the Masters calendar is marked that they will be combined with other races.
so what prices per hour do they put at Spa this year.???????.............it must be connected with the petrol and champagne prices
Old 13 Jan 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2105556)   #1340
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
If they can spend millions on a new F1 pit complex why can't they supply us with some better toilets

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 13 Jan 2008 at 22:39.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Jan 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2105559)   #1341
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16345037@N03/2190026065/
Old 14 Jan 2008, 03:38 (Ref:2105654)   #1342
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
I read that to mean the combined Top Hat series on one grid. Same as every visit.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2105725)   #1343
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
If they can spend millions on a new F1 pit complex why can't they supply us with some better toilets

If one were to use the F1 Pit's,one would have no reason to complain.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2105732)   #1344
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Yep, a cardboard box behind a wheely bin under the grandstands can be a cheap alternative.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2105761)   #1345
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They do not have decent toilets for the simple reason that Walloon people don't c**p, they just are! (sorry, flemish - walloon joke)

<runs away very quickly now, to escape the wrath of Spa>
Old 15 Jan 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2106901)   #1346
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
They do not have decent toilets for the simple reason that Walloon people don't c**p, they just are! (sorry, flemish - walloon joke)

<runs away very quickly now, to escape the wrath of Spa>
This is not a decent way of ending a threat for such a wonderfull weekend in 2007 just missing................one hour ..................an hour for free in 2008 6h????(new threat????)
Old 15 Jan 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2106902)   #1347
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
decent = descent
Old 16 Jan 2008, 08:04 (Ref:2107091)   #1348
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
This is not a decent way of ending a threat for such a wonderfull weekend in 2007 just missing................one hour ..................an hour for free in 2008 6h????(new threat????)

Not a bad idea Esper,I'll e-mail Vincent to suggest a free practice on thursday