Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 2004, 18:55 (Ref:1079438)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Dont expect anyone to challenge Ferrari at SPA" - Button!!

Nice to hear this from the no.3 driver in the championship

Jenson is usually optamistic... so a statment like this coming from him cant be good news

I guess we will find out in 2 days...

link BTW
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...27193020.shtml
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1079444)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news! If I knew I'd win and be trashing Michael into the bargain, I'd say exactly the same.

Er, that is why he said it isn't it?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:09 (Ref:1079445)   #3
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just a sad statement of Formula One today. At least Jenson could give the fans a little ray of hope "I'll give it my all!" or "I hope we're close!" but noooo we get real treats like "We will not be challenging Ferrari"

Real confidence booster for the team I bet as well. Oh yeah walking out on them while they are having their best year ever probably destroyed all that long ago...I forgot

Nice to know we have such a surplus of heroes in F1 today
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1079449)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course we coukld go back to last year and pick up a few encouraging remarks from your favourite ex driver. Or not as the case may be.

Lighten up Teddy.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1079453)   #5
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha I'd like you to find some Peter.

I can't remember JV ever saying (or doing) something so negative to BAR over five years of pathetic car making as Jenson has done during their best year.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1079456)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

Now there's a good example of "spin". Hope Peter Mandelson is employing you.

Seriously, it isn't a great leap of imagination to see that Jenson is working the press. Anything that happens from now on is going to be (name your team) scores against all odds!

Let's sit back and enjoy the politics, because for damn sure thare is going to be very little racing.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:38 (Ref:1079465)   #7
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Hmm,

Now there's a good example of "spin". Hope Peter Mandelson is employing you.

Teddy has repeatedly asked for REAL QUOTES after enduring JV slurs, but typically gets responses similar to the above. Who's doing the spinning here ??

As for Button's comments; it just sounds like mind games but he is right in concentrating on beating BAR's real rivals and forget about Ferrari.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1079466)   #8
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of why we follow F1 has nothing to do with racing. In fact if we look at the titles here not many actually are about the physical racing. F1 is politics, much of the work is done off the track, in press rooms and in conferences.

Anyway, who really cares what JB has to say at this moment? If he wants to come in a strong third then so be it. Either way he will not have to "carry" the BAR team anymore, after all if it were not for his 7 podiums where would BAR be?

I just hope that Sato can do well and bring the team closer to if not infront of Renault. That is the battle at hand.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1079480)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
Teddy has repeatedly asked for REAL QUOTES after enduring JV slurs, but typically gets responses similar to the above. Who's doing the spinning here ??

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 27 Aug 2004 at 19:55.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1079483)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just to make some people happy here.

Quotes or stories about JV.

http://www.jacques.villeneuve.com/news/nouvelles_e.htm

Jacques has said that in order to earn his respect this season, Jenson will need to prove just how fast he is, however Button doesn't see this as being a problem at all as he has matched strengths with several fast drivers during his three previous seasons in the series. Jenson knows there will be times when the two men won't get along, but he also knows that they will work well together when necessary.

That would be at the end of 2002 or the beginning of 2003?

http://jv.flagworld.com/en/news/inde...py?artid=25334

"I train very intensively every day," he told newspaper La Presse. "I've just prepared two new helmets and bought two sets of white overalls."

"If someone calls, I could step into a car immediately."

"One never knows what can happen."

That one is this year, around the Canadiamn GP.

Well you asked for a quote didn't you?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 20:20 (Ref:1079498)   #11
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
And Elvis has prepared 2 new white jumpsuits and 2 new guitars just in case someone calls him back too.

Back to the topic:Motor racing is 2 things,its boring and its unpredictable
Spa will be unpredictable.

Last edited by Armco Bender; 27 Aug 2004 at 20:21.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1079539)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread is not about JV.

This thread is now not.

Closed.

(if you want to discuss the actual topic then open another. Or try the Pizzonia thread where he is bashed for being too optimistic)

Last edited by Adam43; 27 Aug 2004 at 21:23.