Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 21 Apr 2008, 05:33 (Ref:2182542)   #1
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nimrod NRA-C3

this Andy Thorby penned group C car should replace the old Nimrod Aston Martin car 1984. The concept was really advanced this a small carbon fibre monocoque ( years before Jaguar). The monocoque had only three pieces and the roof was an integral part. The car featured full length venturis and an active suspension system. But money lacked and the project was stopped.
I think the monocoque, all drawings, wind tunnel models and suspension parts were sold and there was the idea to restore the car. But i haven't heard something from that.
Does anybody have more infos or pics
Old 21 Apr 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2183296)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
templer, although this crosses over, I think it probably ought to be in the Motorsport History forum.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2184745)   #3
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://members.aol.com/astonpics4/am885.jpg
Old 24 Apr 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2185608)   #4
tlracing
Rookie

tlracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I owned NRA-C3 at one time. It would have been a stunning car (still would be!) and was way ahead of its time, technically.

The chassis was made and many suspension parts, but that was about all. There were some 200+ drawings, all done by hand (no CAD).

Incidentally, the pic in the link above was taken when I displayed the chassis & wind tunnel model at an AMOC Donington meeting.

Last edited by tlracing; 24 Apr 2008 at 10:04.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2185632)   #5
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't John Cooper buy this as well as two of the then current racing Nimrods? He took them to USA for the early IMSA races - Daytona Miami with Bob Evans driving amongst others. He then then sold them off.

I assume this later concept found its way into various owners since.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2185650)   #6
tlracing
Rookie

John Cooper bought the last NRA-C2 chassis, 005, which he completed then used at Daytona. This subsequently became one of the Mallock-updated Bovis cars.

Although I no longer own NRA-C3, I have kept track of its' whereabouts as far as possible.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2187587)   #7
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlracing
John Cooper bought the last NRA-C2 chassis, 005, which he completed then used at Daytona. This subsequently became one of the Mallock-updated Bovis cars.

Although I no longer own NRA-C3, I have kept track of its' whereabouts as far as possible.
Tim,

Any idea where it is now?
Old 28 Apr 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2189117)   #8
tlracing
Rookie

Have PM'd you