Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jul 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2929877)   #1
msweeney
Rookie

msweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zero to fully built race car in seven minutes.

Hey everybody, this is a video from A.M. Performance. I know threads about videos aren't normally a 10-Tenths kind of deal, but we thought the extraordinary nature of this one might make it okay, so here goes!

We are a new Grand Am team racing in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge with a pair of Nissan NISMO 370Zs. We recently got the go-ahead from the company owners to build our second car, with orders to finish it in time to debut at the Laguna Seca race July 9th, which gave us less than eight weeks to build the car from stock! Prepping, seam-welding, and caging took the first four weeks. It went off to powder coat when we had about three weeks left, and we would be starting from the bare coated chassis!

We put a camera over the brand new #05 car once it came back from the powder coater, and it took one picture every minute for the final two and a half weeks as the AM crew hustled to finish it in time for Laguna Seca. The car was finished at about 3 AM the morning on July 7th, and was on track less than eight hours later. Five of those hours were spent in the rig. This is a video of a miracle in progress! The amount of work that went into this car, as well as the heavy modifications and service being performed on the #04 next to it, is incredible, regardless of how much time it takes. To do it in less than three weeks is off-the-charts bonkers!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTB7f-wNjog

Here is what the final product looked like on track:

mksmith_99475 by A.M. Performance

Thanks!

Mike
Old 22 Jul 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2929944)   #2
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very cool
Old 22 Jul 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2929946)   #3
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good god I love this series, a bit like watching really good touring car racing in an endurance sports car format. Good luck to the team.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2931001)   #4
msweeney
Rookie

msweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Good god I love this series, a bit like watching really good touring car racing in an endurance sports car format. Good luck to the team.
Thanks! I completely agree about the series, I think it's the most entertaining sports car racing around, they've really hit a sweet spot with the rules. It's just mental from the flag to flag, the cars are fun to watch (more power than grip), pretty sturdy (I hate the way DTM cars explode into a million pieces if they touch), and there's great diversity. Good stuff!

Mike