Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Apr 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3058923)   #151
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, testing is limited. From what I've heard (and read) the cars will be "locked" (I'm guessing ellectronicly or similar) and not able to be driven outside officiel testing and race weekends.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3058969)   #152
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I don't see that happen. It's a spec chassis/engine and I assume testing is limited.
What you could do is stick the body in a wind tunnel (which only Volvo have) and pour hours onto it. But they say all body shapes will be equalized anyway.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3059168)   #153
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole concept of none of the competitors driving the cars until the official test day (or is it the first race weekend?) is a great one. Initially at least. Come year two, any new entrants will surely be at a massive disadvantage.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3059468)   #154
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The logical thing for next season then would be to have 1 or 2 rookie test days, with only new teams and/or drivers. Otherwise it will be very hard for them as you say.

On a sidenote, has anyone heard what DMS is up to? I thought for sure since they appear to have droped out of this season STCC they would end up in TTA, but guess thats not the case?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3060410)   #155
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
The logical thing for next season then would be to have 1 or 2 rookie test days, with only new teams and/or drivers. Otherwise it will be very hard for them as you say.

On a sidenote, has anyone heard what DMS is up to? I thought for sure since they appear to have droped out of this season STCC they would end up in TTA, but guess thats not the case?
Well, Alx did promise to compete at Östersund as it's his home race. If he can't get a STCC programme togeather I wouldn't expect to see the team appear somewhere else. Maybe him as a driver, but Tobias still wants money for those last two seats which will continue to be a sticking point for Alx.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 06:17 (Ref:3060694)   #156
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess they still have their SEATs then, so maybe one more season with a couple of selected races with paydrivers?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3060712)   #157
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
At the STCC website, there's a 3rd car listed as SEAT Team Sweden with a TBA driver. Might be an opening for Alx in selected rounds? Or it's just a mistake from the STCC.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3064407)   #158
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Notes regarding TV Deal. (last week)

Quote:
TTAGroup: More information on the TV contract should be available within two weeks.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3064430)   #159
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
Notes regarding TV Deal. (last week)
There's a press event for TTA this upcoming friday where all the cars will be unveiled. My guess is that they will present the TV deal at the same time and probably the last two drivers as well. Testing starts May 2nd.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3064514)   #160
Tiny
Rookie

Sweden
Tiny has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Gothenburg City Track is being resurfaced and is getting a partly new layout. A little bit shorter track but a new hairpin turn.

Pictures on facebook at citytrack or tta.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3064653)   #161
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Gothenburg City Track is being resurfaced and is getting a partly new layout. A little bit shorter track but a new hairpin turn.

Can you post a link?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3064741)   #162
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

this one?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3064767)   #163
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
No thats the old one, here is how the layout and new arena will look like:

http://www.ticnet.se/event/Goteborg-...jetter/CRA0616

Should provide much better overtaking possibilities, last corner at Croft springs to mind, where you have to take a wide entry to get a decent run off the corner, leaving the door wide open for anyone behind, and if you run deffensive the exit is so wide that you will ultimately loose out into the following corner. Should be a very exiting race there this summer, tempted to buy tickets right away. :P
Old 24 Apr 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3064793)   #164
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed that Flash Engineering have pointed their workshop webcam away from the TTA car now. I guess they don't want to give people sneak peaks of the car until Friday's press conference.

Last time I checked they had put the Saab front bodywork on it.

http://www.flashengineering.se/media/webbkamera/
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3065348)   #165
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz View Post
There's a press event for TTA this upcoming friday where all the cars will be unveiled. My guess is that they will present the TV deal at the same time and probably the last two drivers as well. Testing starts May 2nd.
Sounds like it will be Viasat Sport afterall, would be great if that was the case. Since all races are compromised to saturday afternoon between 13.00 and 17.00 hopefully they will get all classes shown live!

And also, Flash has built a Porsche Cayman to be races in Endurance races this season, guess that one will go in Swedish GT in the GT4 class, possibly with the Prince as driver? Also interesting that its build for Porsche Sweden's account, guess Porsche still has some involvement with Flash Engineering after moving Carrera Cup to KMS?
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3065353)   #166
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Sounds like it will be Viasat Sport afterall, would be great if that was the case. Since all races are compromised to saturday afternoon between 13.00 and 17.00 hopefully they will get all classes shown live!

And also, Flash has built a Porsche Cayman to be races in Endurance races this season, guess that one will go in Swedish GT in the GT4 class, possibly with the Prince as driver? Also interesting that its build for Porsche Sweden's account, guess Porsche still has some involvement with Flash Engineering after moving Carrera Cup to KMS?
Viasat would be great! Hopefully they'll show it on Viaplay too.

The Porsche situation is very strange indeed. I thought it was a joke when they anounced Carrera as title sponsor!
Old 25 Apr 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3065470)   #167
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jan "Flash" Nilsson will not be racing this year and will focus on the business side of things. His place will be taken by a driver with "a strong racing CV".

Robin Rudholm?
Old 25 Apr 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3065563)   #168
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone who is used to winning..............whatever that means. I guess we'll found out soon, a strong driver from outside Scandinavia would certainly spice things up!
Old 25 Apr 2012, 23:32 (Ref:3065634)   #169
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Having in mind that Jan himself said that everything with TTA was done and ready back in nov-dec 2011, and how he kind of hyped the deal with Daniel Haglöf etc., I guess the replacement super driver is Ronnie Brandt

Seriously, I think Rudholm is a good guess but who knows. I'm suprised that Jan isn't driving since he has been talking so much about how it'll be better for him as a driver when everyone has the same conditions etc. and then steps back. Too bad he's not racing in Elite League this year, it would be a great chance to show everyone that his complaints on STCC for many many years back were justified and that he would have won even more in STCC if the conditions were equal for everyone .
Old 26 Apr 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3065780)   #170
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rudholm it is: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7494
Old 26 Apr 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3065844)   #171
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
While I can understand why people may complain about the format, I find it must be very hard for anyone to complain about the quality of the field.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3066088)   #172
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
TTA live on Viasat TV10 and TTA + all supports in a weekend program at Viasat Motor!
Old 27 Apr 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3066162)   #173
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First peek at the new rides, looking good!

Old 27 Apr 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3066189)   #174
davidjones
Rookie

England
Nottingham
davidjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Why is there a lack of BMW badges on this car? They are called BMW Dealer Team, but where is the BMW front grill, and the badges on the bonnet and boot?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3066190)   #175
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was just going to say the same. That's how the DTM car should have looked!