Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Drifting

Old 4 Dec 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3174947)   #1
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UK, Drift Practice at Santa Pod DWYB Video

I as at Santa Pod last week on one of their "Drift What Ya Brung" days (DWYB) and took quite a lot of external video so thought i'd post the link here.

It's edited and shows footage from the various practice areas. They have about 9-10 different areas, a number of small 'exclusive' Practice pods, where you can practice donuts or figure of 8s. Some are a bit longer allowing a little more speed and they occasionally 'wet' one so you can practice with lower grip levels.

Thereis then a couple of medium sized areas that allow more speed and more sequences to be attempted and then the long track where they run 4 or 5 cars at a time, you need to be at a reasonable level before going out on this track and to keep your wits about you for spinners.

All areas are shown in the video which might be interesting to those who had thought of attending. The video is edited and not everyone there is a Drift God, far from it. I edited out a lot of spins. It's a great atmosphere and very friendly.

I was there checking out the venue for possible private hire to do my exercise based days but also for ad-hoc car control training. I used to run alongside Drift Academy on the Silverstone ATC many years ago but they no longer do this.

Even if you are not 'into' drifting but want to learn car control and gain confidence with the car moving around these sorts of days might be useful. AFAIK there are a few instructors around who will jump in with you and give you some pointers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE8P8xEV5Es

Maxx

PS. They run about 1 a month and it's £60 for entrance and full drift access, £10 to spectate.