Jack Sears

Sadly, Jack Sears has passed away.

http://www.btcc.net/2016/08/07/jack-sears-1930-2016/
Old 8 Aug 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3664248)   #2
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Sadly, Jack Sears has passed away.

http://www.btcc.net/2016/08/07/jack-sears-1930-2016/
Such sad, sad news, & another valuable link with Lotus history, not to mention BTCC, now gone

Jack lived up to his 'Gentleman Jack' soubriquet so well & I shall always remember the two occasions on which he showed me personally great kindness.

My sincere condolences to all his family.

R.I.P. Jack, a true great.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3664279)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gentleman- the most appropriate title for Jack. One of the nicest blokes I've ever had the privilege of meeting. My sincerest condolences to all the Sears family. My thoughts are with you.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 09:23 (Ref:3664292)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Real sadness - one of the 'nice guys', rest in peace mate.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3664315)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't know what to say it is a great shame that we are not going to be able to see him again, he was a good one and the first great to be in the championship, who always popped up now and again. Saw him last year on the TV at Snetterton and he looked good even in his 80s
Old 8 Aug 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3664409)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such motoring history behind a very modest man.In jest I always blamed Jack for the 70 speed limit after his "ride"up the M1.
I was priveledged to have known Jack and his family very well.Right from the restoration of his GTO,to prepping the Healey he and Philip Young used for the Golden years Rally/Tour.Such a worthy nick name Jack,thanks for the memories.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3664412)   #7
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Such motoring history behind a very modest man.In jest I always blamed Jack for the 70 speed limit after his "ride"up the M1.
I was priveledged to have known Jack and his family very well.Right from the restoration of his GTO,to prepping the Healey he and Philip Young used for the Golden years Rally/Tour.Such a worthy nick name Jack,thanks for the memories.
Being blamed for the 70mph limit wasn't Jack's only brush with politics, for I have a photo I took many years ago of him chauffeuring Bury St Edmunds MP Eldon Griffiths around Snetterton in his Ferrari GTO. Before or after restoration I would not know!