Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 18 May 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3407517)   #301
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marquez show again. Very entertaining. Amazing talent.
To bad for Hayden. I still think he can finish 10th in the points by the end of the year.
Old 18 May 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3407539)   #302
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
You can't knock Marquez as he is the best at the moment, good to see Vali on good form again.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 May 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3407595)   #303
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
there was a bit of hope .. for a lap or two ... not enough
and again Moto3 steals the show

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2014, 00:31 (Ref:3407669)   #304
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not often you see the top 3 Spaniards running 8th, 9th & 10th - reverse grids in the future perhaps
Old 19 May 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3407761)   #305
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else switching off the GP race as soon as he gets in front?

I am sorry but I detest domination, and this guy does nothing for me.

Moto 3 is the only race worth watching and to be honest they should put that on prime time, it's more fun, you have a great kid winning on a dog slow bike and you never know who is likely to win.

the other two classes are appalingly predictable.

Some folk for some reason enjoy watching a bloke paying with the field. Some enjoy watching domination, but I can't see it lasting. It didn't with Vettel and won't with this freak of nature. I admire what he does, but he is totally destroying the sport and it will lose credibility as a result.

Oh and do you all really think Rossi is suddenly quicker than Jorge after being battered by him for 5 years? Do yourselves a favour, the bike doesnt suit him and tyres suit him even less!, While he should be able to adapt yes, he clearly is none too happy with the package he i on right now.
Old 19 May 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3407786)   #306
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agree about Moto 2 - I find this class boring, why isn't there more engine manufacturers in it like Moto 3...
Old 19 May 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3407811)   #307
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I ahve never understood this.

But imagine it now. Honda have a good engine, KAwasaki come along and find 5 hp, so everyone has to sell Honda's and buy Kawasaki engines, then next Yamaha do the same, so everyone has to do the same.

i can see thier point, and what of MV an Triumph triples?

Its a harder class to police, but you ahve it in Moto3, Vazquez bike is a total rocketship, quicker than all the Honda's and every Ktm by miles an hour.

Yet Jack keeps beating him coz he is rubbish on the brakes!! Hilarious
Old 19 May 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3407816)   #308
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotoGP will eventually suffer – domination is never healthy. It’s like the Loeb era WRC. You can’t doubt the talent, but the opposition isn’t as strong as it could be; a demotivated Lorenzo, Pedrosa who has never been a Title threat & Rossi who is nearing the end of his career.

I doubt Dorna are too concerned yet; they’ll likely add a few more Spanish races……

Have been reading the new Matt Oxley book; and the US/ Aussie dirt track style racers during the 500cc era…. It’s a different sport completely. Sadly…
Old 19 May 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3407822)   #309
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You are so right Alex

And sadly a lot of new fans really dont get it. Marc doenst really spin it up like those guys did, he is just loose on the way in.

It is hard to see even in wild races from that era, but those guys had no safety net, and their actions were met with certain injury if they crashed.

The modern era are pushing the envelope sadly because their little GPS saviours allows them too and allows them to find SOOOOOO much data that things have moved on at an insane pace as engineeres cram that data and pass it on to Bridgestone and the like.

Marquez main talent for me is not his speed that is a given, but his ability to trust everything so much and lean on it to such an extreme that he looks loose on a bike that is designed not to be.

there is a finite level of angle and speed you can put into a bike on slicks, and with a guiding hand over you, and one that was not there for just about every riders early career on big bikes, it is a huge help if you place not only trust in it, but then go one step further and try and go over those limts aswell.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3413522)   #310
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Big flick off by Bradl in Mugello morning warm up. Iannone is pushing Marquez this weekend, how good would it be to see that Ducati win - will probably crash tho!
Old 1 Jun 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3413611)   #311
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
holy **** .. what a race in Moto3
what finish by Fenati
shame for the last lap incident

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Jun 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3413621)   #312
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I am fairly sure Jack was the cause of that last lap crash, he dived up the inside and was nowhere near, taking out two others.

What goes around comes around mate, your move on Vazquez was a bit harsh, so...
Old 1 Jun 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3413752)   #313
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 high quality rides from Marquez and Lorenzo !
Old 2 Jun 2014, 06:39 (Ref:3414047)   #314
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cracking races in Moto3 and MotoGP; Marquez had to work hard for that one!

Looking forward to Barcelona
Old 2 Jun 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3414083)   #315
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I am fairly sure Jack was the cause of that last lap crash, he dived up the inside and was nowhere near, taking out two others...
Definitely Jack's fault there. The racing in Moto 3 has been aggressive all year, really enjoyable & those teenagers aint taking a backward step for nobody... I expect to see plenty more rubbing & elbows out racing in this class for the rest of the season!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3414213)   #316
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Wow those last few laps of the main race certainly had me on the edge of the seat ! they certainly earn their money.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jun 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3415271)   #317
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Gordon . check out Moto3 .. it was way way better with a cracking finish

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3415970)   #318
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Wow those last few laps of the main race certainly had me on the edge of the seat ! they certainly earn their money.
I thoroughly enjoyed it too, awesome racing!
Old 6 Jun 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3416365)   #319
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moottoriliitto chairman Tapio Nevala was at Mugello circuit lobbying Finland Kymiring-track project. MotoGP and FIM is pleased with project.

Last edited by kurski; 6 Jun 2014 at 21:25.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3421972)   #320
canamman
Veteran

United States
Great start at Catalunya. Can Rossi nurse that gap to a win?

Catalunya + LeMans + Remote Control = Heaven

OMG - It just started raining and you can throw a blanket on the front 4!

Last edited by canamman; 15 Jun 2014 at 12:36.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3422024)   #321
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
To be fair.

If you are struggling with what to watch between bikes and Le Mans, not quite sure you are really sane!

Good race, felt a bit for Dani, he seemed the quicker today, they are getting closer.

Getting a bit bored with Marquez nearly taking people out routinely, nearly took out his team mate and Rossi today, but you can't fault his brain and racecraft really.

Just nice realy to see a few guys getting closer, plus it is helping the racing as everyone hates domination.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3422388)   #322
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
He seems to be able to pass them aggressively when needed. Was good racing, pity there aint another manufacturer upthere with them. What happened to Jorge in the end?
Moto 2, bit boring at the front - why is Rabat so dominant in this class when everyone has the same engine?
Moto 3, dice for P2 was good, Marquez dominating at Barcelona is ok, wont happen outside Spain....
Old 19 Jun 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3423735)   #323
canamman
Veteran

United States
Sorry this is a little OT but I wanted my biker buds to see this.
Makes me smile every time I watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7Di3qgKnc
Old 25 Jun 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3426239)   #324
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

Good race, felt a bit for Dani, he seemed the quicker today...
He's still got a bit of fire in his belly afterall, if only he could sustain it...
Old 26 Jun 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3426562)   #325
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Marc Marquez ever prove that he his indeed human? Are their DNA test in MotoGP?