Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Jul 2013, 02:32 (Ref:3280324)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trucks at Eldora

Entry List

Schedule

SPEEDTv has got the coverage. Looks like they are starting with the q-ing races at 7 PM EST. I guess I know where I'll be starting a little after 7 Weds night.

Going to be interesting; nothing else, it'll be a change of scenery.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3280456)   #27
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Eldora. Oh yes, he,he,he. Yes, yes, yes.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3280651)   #28
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats amazing is that there are less than 10 drivers who have
experience on dirt. 15 cautions is my prediction. Should be fun.
My picks are Blaney or Larson.
Old 24 Jul 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3281016)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This was posted on Jalopnik today:

https://vine.co/v/hKDQEMWxQV1
Old 24 Jul 2013, 02:13 (Ref:3281027)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
This was posted on Jalopnik today:

https://vine.co/v/hKDQEMWxQV1
Yeah! Running the high line, changing the George Jones 8 track. Wait, I guess he's tweeting or whatever the kids are into these days.

Honestly, I'd rather see late models, but this is going to be cool.

Already looks like a bigger crowd than the most attended Indycar race of 2013.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3281306)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Eldora Race

My God, these things are painfully slow and soft on the dirt.
Even still, it's a spectacle and i must say i like it.

Spoiler Alert:

Kenny Schrader wins the first heat race and the first nascar "race" on dirt in something like 4 decades. Why am I am not surprised?
Old 25 Jul 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3281319)   #32
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eldora is on now!!!
Old 25 Jul 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3281321)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Heat races complete and the field for the main is set:

http://www.jayski.com/cts/ctsnews.htm

The place is packed for the Inaugural Mudsummer Summer Classic."
Old 25 Jul 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3281327)   #34
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hardly any cautions. Impressive!
Old 25 Jul 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3281330)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Good show thus far and yes, surprisingly clean.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3281332)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Kyle Larson looks as if he's raced on dirt before.

Same with them Dillon boys.

This is good stuff! Down to the last segment.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 04:24 (Ref:3281343)   #37
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome stuff, The Trucks are miles better than the Boring Cup and Nationwide Series.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3281448)   #38
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I didn't see the heats; just the final. Breathtaking stuff though. Dillon had it cornered. The golden shovel was great.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3282000)   #39
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GREAT show. I know that some were saying how "slow" the Trucks looked, but in all honesty the TV makes World of Outlaw sprint cars look slow. No matter, the one passing all the others will always look "fast".
Old 27 Jul 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3282220)   #40
canamman
Veteran

United States
If the France family is paying attention, they should duplicate this
show in cup and n'wide. Heat races, sideways action, big crowds,close racing, were all great things to see. Nascar dirt racing could be the new
next big thing.

Hopefully the tri-oval cookie cutter cruise control races will get fewer and far between and be replaced with a little more dirt.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3282282)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
GREAT show. I know that some were saying how "slow" the Trucks looked, but in all honesty the TV makes World of Outlaw sprint cars look slow. No matter, the one passing all the others will always look "fast".
On TV, compared to late model dirt cars, they were slow, by almost four and a half seconds. But an awesome show, nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
If the France family is paying attention, they should duplicate this
show in cup and n'wide. Heat races, sideways action, big crowds,close racing, were all great things to see. Nascar dirt racing could be the new
next big thing.

Hopefully the tri-oval cookie cutter cruise control races will get fewer and far between and be replaced with a little more dirt.
Hopefully, this isn't merely a tease, which I feel that it is, but I would agree. They need to try this out with the NW series and maybe even have half of the all-star race on the dirttrack in at Charlotte and the other half on the speedway.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3283069)   #42
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Points after Eldora...

Matt Crafton - 393
Jeb Burton - 345
James Buescher - 342
Ty Dillon - 337
Timothy Peters - 320
Johnny Sauter - 320
Ryan Blaney - 319
Brendan Gaughan - 319
Darrell Wallace - 309
Miguel Paludo - 308
Old 1 Aug 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3284768)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Months ago I saw some coverage of the testing at Eldora. At that time I was not impressed. It looked slow and I was afraid the race woult be a crashfest.

After watching the qualifying races still not convinced but I was surprised there were only a few yellows.

But the race itself was pretty good.
I am sure we will see this event again in the future.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3285240)   #44
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eldora was great. Really really good.

Now, I am excited to see what these boys do with the trucks at my home track - MOSPORT (okay, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park).

It's going to be a fantasic weekend and a massive crowd like they have not seen in years.

Ty Dillon impressed me back in May when he was there for the Canadian Tire NASCAR series, and I think that race will serve him well in September.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 04:50 (Ref:3285570)   #45
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ryan Blaney gets his 2nd career win.

Points after Pocono...

Matt Crafton - 429
Jeb Burton - 377
Ryan Blaney - 367
James Buescher - 365
Ty Dillon - 361
Brendan Gaughan - 354
Miguel Paludo - 351
Timothy Peters - 350
Darrell Wallace - 347
Johnny Sauter - 345
Old 11 Aug 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3288576)   #46
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, for anyone who has SPEED, who's your TV provider? Just wondering because you may miss some of the races:

Quote:
Fans may miss truck races when SPEED transitions to FOX Sports 1: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice sessions and the Camping World Truck Series race August 17 from Michigan International Speedway will be among the live telecasts on the first day Fox Sports 1 goes on air in place of the Speed cable network. And that could be a problem. Among those still negotiating carriage fees with Fox Sports 1 are DirecTV, Dish and Time Warner Cable. Spokesmen for DirecTV and TWC said Thursday that discussions are ongoing and Dish also has not signed a deal, according to the SportsBusiness Daily. Speed is in nearly 86 million homes, but millions of its current subscribers won't be able to see Fox Sports 1 unless a carriage deal is finalized. DirecTV has 20 million subscribers, Time Warner Cable serves 14.6 million customers and Dish has 14 million subscribers. Not all of those subscribers pay for packages that include Speed (and would include Fox Sports 1), but those are three of the largest television providers in the country. According to the SportsBusiness Journal, Speed costs about 23 cents each month per subscriber, and Fox is looking to increase that to 80 cents per month. It's not surprising that these negotiations go down to the wire, but it's enough to make NASCAR fans nervous as the channel they know as Speed will cease to exist when Fox Sports 1 is launched in its place in about a week. A NASCAR spokesman declined comment as negotiations between the network and the cable and satellite operators continue. Among the NASCAR programming scheduled for Fox Sports 1 for August 17 is all of the NASCAR activity at Michigan, both Sprint Cup Series practices as well as the truck qualifying and race. Just three days later, August 21 at Bristol, Fox Sports 1 is scheduled to show both truck practices as well as the truck race that night. That's a good deal of NASCAR content in the first seven days of the new network all of which NASCAR fans are in jeopardy of not seeing.(Sporting News)(8-9-2013)
Old 23 Aug 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3293217)   #47
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Kyle Busch wins at Bristol - again...

Standings...

Matt Crafton - 498
James Buescher - 449
Jeb Burton - 445
Ty Dillon - 440
Timothy Peters - 426
Miguel Paludo - 422
Ryan Blaney - 421
Brendan Gaughan - 418
Johnny Sauter - 409
Joey Coulter - 399
Darrell Wallace - 386
Ron Hornaday - 383
Dakoda Armstrong - 382
German Quiroga - 355
John Wes Townley - 343
Old 1 Sep 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3297505)   #48
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Dillon gets nurfed off by Elliott who takes the win at the final corner. Papis gets slapped by some lady.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3297626)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Well, good for Elliott! I have seen the #3 do that too many cars I was pulling for, so , sorry, Ty, Carma is a B. Not your doing but you'll have yours one day.

Thanks to some thunder storms today, the recording was cut short and now I got nothing because FS1 won't show a replay. Well, F them!

Looked to be a decent show, but sure would've liked to seen Elliott take the checkered on the oad course. Anyone know of a replay at some point?

The finish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo6NE6FzzOA
(just need Hindy to make it that much better)

The slap (at the end):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOyj1nQAqVk
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:54 (Ref:3297639)   #50
canamman
Veteran

United States
We watched the last 4 laps of the truck race at Jeff Gordons pit box in Atlanta.
They have a tv screen built in to the back side of the pit truck. That was very
satisfying seeing a guy from Dawsonville evening things up with a #3. You know
Bill had a big smile.