Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 Jan 2003, 00:08 (Ref:462383)   #1
beedie
Rookie

beedie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TRAC vs NASCAR!!!!

Any thoughts?
Old 3 Jan 2003, 01:27 (Ref:462416)   #2
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about we talk about this when TRAC actually starts racing
Old 3 Jan 2003, 02:18 (Ref:462433)   #3
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What you mean is IF TRAC STARTS RACING. At this point it does not look very good. I kinda like the concept though but their timing in trying to start a new racing series could not have been worse.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 03:01 (Ref:462454)   #4
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, it ain't going to happen with TRAC anytime soon.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 05:31 (Ref:462502)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With non-NASCAR sanctioned stock car series like ARCA, ASA and Hooters ProCup in existence, I think it would difficult for a new series like TRAC to make it up against these series and all the other NASCAR sanctioned series.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 11:16 (Ref:462635)   #6
beedie
Rookie

Not whe they are giving fans more races on 1 1/2 mile speedways, we are not talking about IRP or anything under a mile besides those 2 short tracks that Nascar made a common name.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 15:28 (Ref:463593)   #7
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those not familiar with TRAC I have posted their description:

Team Racing Auto Circuit (TRAC) is a newly formed national motor sports league debuting in 2004. By combining the best qualities of traditional motor sports with the best attributes of traditional team sports leagues, TRAC is creating a new and exciting form of stock car racing designed to reach the mainstream sports fan. Initially, the league will consist of ten, three-car teams that will be located in major U.S. cities with motor sports venues in the area. Each team will represent its city or region and will participate in a season long schedule of races, in addition to an all-star event and concluding with a season-ending championship race.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 15:35 (Ref:463601)   #8
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
TRAC National Spokesman and stock car legend, Cale Yarborough, presided over the festivities and commented: "These TRAC cars look great and handle even better. We are getting our first look at the 21st century stock car." The three prototypes (Corvette, Viper, & Stang)are designed using a Kevlar composite body with a tubular steel chassis. All three prototypes have the same chassis, but have different body styles to more accurately resemble the American sports car. The cars are designed to be raced on oval courses, but can be raced at road courses with minimal modifications. TRAC will run a 600-625 horsepower, 7.0 liter, fuel- injected engine. The engines will be dyno-matched to ensure parity among the teams. The cars will utilize coil-over shocks, and the wheels will use center wheel nuts with safety latches. Teams will not be able to make adjustments to the body or the engine of the car. Teams will be able to make drivability changes to the car (e.g. shocks, springs, camber, sway bars, etc.).

Riley & Scott used the highest safety standards in racing, the FIA standards; to make sure that the prototypes will be the safest stock cars ever built. Every part of the car was built with safety in mind, from the crush zones at the front and sides and lift-off prevention systems, to the driver's seat and cockpit. The air jacks are integral to the cars, which should reduce the number of crew members required to be over the wall during pit stops.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 19:01 (Ref:463733)   #9
beedie
Rookie

Fun A????
Old 4 Jan 2003, 22:12 (Ref:463881)   #10
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Some more info on TRAC, as I understand it:The teams will have big $$$$ owners. Team owners must have a net worth over $50 Million to qualify. Initial cost to own a team will be $10 million.The cost to a primary sponsor will be $7 million which will go to the TRAC series.Teams need not bring the sponsor. Sponsor will be assigned to the teams by the TRAC series.Each team will have 9 cars of which 3 will race each event.Each team will have 5 drivers of which 3 will race each event

Teams dont bring sponsors either. The Trac organization assigns sponsors that they have brought on board to the team. Teams are paid by the Trac organization. Plus there are additional incentives for winning championship, playoffs, etc. Drivers will be paid a salary. I was assured that that teams would actually make money. I don't have all the info as I stopped asking questions when I was told that owners must have a min. net worth of $50 million.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 04:50 (Ref:464155)   #11
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea in concept. Bringing the best of the Team "Ball Sports" ideas with City rivalry. It will be a tough go for them. IF they do get it going- I can't see that it will really compete for "sole supportership" I do believe that it could work out for both.

I don't think that the money will be there--- there fore- I don't see that the big names will be switching over. Maybe a few "hasbeens"

Alot has to be worked out before this can happen. Alot of it will depend on our economy. If it doesn't improve- I can't see how they can come up with sponsors to pay for it all.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 14:07 (Ref:464454)   #12
beedie
Rookie

There you go! If I was too say 'hasbeens" I would of been called a basher along with a few other chioce names! It just isn't fair!
Old 5 Jan 2003, 16:18 (Ref:464534)   #13
Roselady3
Veteran

There is a difference Beedie--- I said "has been's" I did not call a specific driver a "has been" So I didn't call a driver a name.

Quote:
It just isn't fair!
It is fair. I don't come into a forum with the intention to miff off the members with dumb posts. This isn't That's Racin' An unmoderated board, which thrives on trollism & insults. It is a serious forum where we all discuss racing & have a little fun.

Face it Beedie. You don't like NASCAR racing. You don't like NASCAR fans. So why do you continue to post (or TRY to post) on NASCAR forums?
Old 5 Jan 2003, 17:21 (Ref:464582)   #14
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Actually, I would prefer to see TRAC as a breeding ground for a new group of drivers. There are plenty of drivers out there with talent but for one reason or the other have not been absorbed by Nascar. To me it would be interesting to see a "team" concept in racing.

Unfortunately, TRAC will probably not make it as the timing of starting a new series was about as bad as it can get. Most people dont realize just how bad the economy is/was.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 18:57 (Ref:464662)   #15
beedie
Rookie

I will like nascar as long as real drivers are racing in it!\

Real Drivers= anyone who raced open wheels for a while!
Old 5 Jan 2003, 19:55 (Ref:464716)   #16
Roselady3
Veteran

Quote:
In your opinion.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 20:19 (Ref:464735)   #17
beedie
Rookie

Come on now! What stock car guy can handle a indy or sprint car? Its ALWAYs the other way around!

Hummmm I wonder why? I just told you "REAL"!!!!

Sorry no bashing meant, just another fact being posted!
Old 5 Jan 2003, 20:36 (Ref:464758)   #18
beedie
Rookie

Do you know how bad I would love to see guys like Rusty or Dale Jr next week at the Chili Bowl? I'd love to see guys like G. Wright and T. Rilet lap them in a heart beat.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 02:22 (Ref:464983)   #19
Roselady3
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry no bashing meant, just another fact being posted
Your opinions are "facts" to you & you only. If & When you can post any STATS that prove what you claim to be facts- THEN- & ONLY THEN- will they be considered FACTS. Until then- they are your opinion.

You have been asked many times to PROVE what you claim to be facts. But you seem to think that we should all just believe you. If you want us to believe you- then post some stats, some proof. Use reasonable logic to prove your point. Not just "it's a fact"
Old 6 Jan 2003, 09:15 (Ref:465125)   #20
beedie
Rookie

Rusty sprint car wins 0
Dale Jr sprint car wins 0

What eles you want to know?
Old 6 Jan 2003, 14:14 (Ref:465325)   #21
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by beedie
How is it that a "real driver" is someone "who raced open wheels for a while" when open wheel cars aren't really cars? They are exotic versions of dune-buggies or go-karts.

BTW, most drivers start off in go-karts and these are open wheel.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 6 Jan 2003 at 14:58.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 15:02 (Ref:465355)   #22
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
Originally posted by beedie
Rusty sprint car wins 0
Dale Jr sprint car wins 0

What eles you want to know?
Great facts. Guess that Rusty should hang it up.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 18:59 (Ref:465586)   #23
beedie
Rookie

Well at least someone making sense! Its about time!