Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your team of the Grand Prix?
Mercedes 20 45.45%
Williams-Mercedes 0 0%
Ferrari 0 0%
Red Bull Racing-Renault 0 0%
STR-Renault 0 0%
Lotus-Mercedes 0 0%
Sauber-Ferrari 22 50.00%
Force India-Mercedes 0 0%
McLaren-Honda 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Mar 2015, 00:21 (Ref:3515262)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race: Australian Grand Prix 2015

Who is your team of the Grand Prix? Sometimes people give a score based on the whole Grand Prix weekend, or taking into account qualifying. Please state if doing so (it could help with any statistical compilation at the end of the year!).
Old 15 Mar 2015, 07:04 (Ref:3515317)   #2
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the few good notes of the race, well done Sauber
Old 15 Mar 2015, 07:22 (Ref:3515327)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has to be McLaren.. running 2 apparently steam-powered cars round the track, and actually got one home..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Mar 2015, 07:29 (Ref:3515335)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sauber.
Finally a points finish from them. And also good overtakes from Ericsson and the best finish ever from Nasr.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 10:30 (Ref:3515410)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tempted to vote for Marussia, simply for nearly getting on track.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3515427)   #6
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Garcon, couldn't agree more, go Marussia!!.

I felt that much for Marussia I nearly pulled on my overalls and drove 5 hours to Melbourne to give them a hand.

I'm serious, if I could have got past security into the pits and been helpful, I would have been there.

Really though,is it the F1 business model or what?

I love the fact they have resurrected themselves from the ashes, but then come half way around the world to sit in the pits?????

Dohhh!!!

Brain fart, or did they need to do that to still compete for the remainder of 2015?

In whatever way you look at it the system is broke to allow something like this to take place.

If nothing else, in most other motor sports the other teams would have been falling over themselves to give Marrussia a hand to ensure they competed.

Shame F1 in many many ways.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3515457)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Voted for Sauber...what a bitter sweet week. Good for them.

Nod to Ferrari power but of course congrats to Merc on the 2015 WCC title.

Lack of form and livery on the Mclarens gives them the look of a team in mourning. Sad.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3515459)   #8
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toss up between Williams and Sauber. Both did pretty damn well. (And looking fine as hell)
Old 15 Mar 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3515471)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sauber the only choice really
Old 15 Mar 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3515583)   #10
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sauber certainly - two points finishes especially after the distractions of the last few weeks. Mercedes just continued where they left off and did what everyone expected of them.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 00:42 (Ref:3515648)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The obvious choice is Mercedes but I'm giving it to Sauber.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 03:37 (Ref:3515674)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes. simply perfect. One, two, picking up where they left off.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 04:11 (Ref:3515681)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Mercedes - flawless!
Old 16 Mar 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3515746)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes. Flawless all weekend.

Would maybe have given it to Sauber if they hadn't made such a godawful mess of the seemingly simple task of signing 2 drivers.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3515824)   #15
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think you can look beyond Mercedes or Sauber but I'm giving it to Sauber simply because we expected what we got from Mercedes.

Ignore the rights and wrongs of the contract dispute they're not the fault of the team's main staff. Nonetheless they produced 2 cars that are clearly a leap forward from last year and their rookie and near rookie drivers shrugged off the pressure of being in danger of losing their rides 48 hours before the race.

In a race where everyone was losing their heads or their hydraulics neither Sauber or its pilot missed a beat all weekend and Nasr especially drove a calm, measured and damned quick first race to beat on pace cars from Red Bull, STR and Force India.

Not a bet you'd have put on before testing, probably not a bet you'd have put on after it.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 15:56 (Ref:3515864)   #16
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Wild Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sauber for getting both cars into points-scoring positions when they got no points last season.

McLaren did a good job to get one car home.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3516045)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No-brainer: Mercedes.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3516451)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Should be Merc, but I vote Sauber.
Old 17 Mar 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3516610)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Sauber.........
Old 20 Mar 2015, 01:54 (Ref:3517315)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes, The rest below are still looking a long way up towards their head and shoulders.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 08:55 (Ref:3517364)   #21
Motorsportfreak
Racer

Germany
Motorsportfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes
Old 20 Mar 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3517632)   #22
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Mercedes, The rest below are still looking a long way up towards their head and shoulders.
The rest seem to be looking a long way up at Mercedes' knees at the moment!