Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Jun 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1316905)   #1
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe GTs - where did all those come from??

I had to sit down in shock after looking at the number entries for the Castle Combe GT race on Bank Holiday Monday (May 30)!!

How come so many people have suddenly come out of the woodwork?

Last time I saw them - in mid-April - they could barely manage double figures. What was there on Monday? 30+!

I know the 7 TVR Tuscans added to it greatly and hopefully they'll do more rounds - how about a series-within-a-series next year?

Maybe it's getting back to it's glory days at last.

Don't know what the Renault 5 was doing in it though!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1316909)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Take out the seven TVRs and you had 24 cars (which were racing in the TVR Challenge, and had not just joined in the GTs as the commentators and programme both implied), which was roughly double what we had seen previously. I believe that the co-ordinator had targetted former Super Coupe competitors - hence the 5 Turbo, which admittedly looked incongruous. But then again, it wouldn't be eligible for Combe Saloons...
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1316984)   #3
Tuscan 6
Racer

England
Tuscan 6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually a number of us in the Tuscans (4 or 5) had entered both the GT race and the Dunlop Tuscan Challenge race. When the 2 races merged we were points scoring in both Class A of the GTs and the Tuscan Challenge.

So the commentators and programme were half right.

I hadn't realised the Renault wasn't eligible for the saloons - he would have been more at home in that race than the GTs. The speed differential was huge!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1316990)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, strange that wasn't indicated on the entry list in that case, but fair enough. Any prospect of any Tuscan Challenge races taking place at somewhere other than Combe?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1316996)   #5
Tuscan 6
Racer

England
We're due to do a double header at Brands on 8/9 July - but it depends on no. of entries.

There is also talk of coming back to Combe with the GTs in October....
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1317000)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Are you eligible for the K&N Filters NW Sports/Saloons? If so perhaps you could all have a trip or two north to join their grids...
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1317003)   #7
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great to see all the Sports and GTs at Combe.
Very pleased to see them - two very enjoyable races. Well done to all entered. We want more !!
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1317007)   #8
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jeb...very enjoyable? I must have seen two different races then as the ones I saw were both tedious affairs just as the ARP F3's were. The amount of people who made there way back to their cars as the ARP's came out for the 2nd race was amazing...large grids don't always mean large excitement it seems.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1317008)   #9
Tuscan 6
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Are you eligible for the K&N Filters NW Sports/Saloons? If so perhaps you could all have a trip or two north to join their grids...
Yes we are, and a couple of the guys have already raced in it this year....
Old 1 Jun 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1317069)   #10
Tuscan 6
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Jeb...very enjoyable? I must have seen two different races then as the ones I saw were both tedious affairs just as the ARP F3's were. The amount of people who made there way back to their cars as the ARP's came out for the 2nd race was amazing...large grids don't always mean large excitement it seems.
Interesting - that's the first view I've heard from someone who didn't enjoy the two GT races.

Of course I only had a narrow perspective of them, but I had 2 pretty close races. I think Tim Hood and Darren Dowling did too.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1317099)   #11
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Floated my boat.Perhaps from looking at your signature,this type of racing doesn't appeal to you?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1317183)   #12
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandslammer
Floated my boat.Perhaps from looking at your signature,this type of racing doesn't appeal to you?
Exactly!!! you don't have to have areally close race at the front there were 29 other cars in it many of them were having good battles,what makes it worth watching is having a good grid and many types of car including a couple of saloons [which really were out of place due to the lack of pace ].Still its great that the Tuscan boys did well will be great to see them back and hopefully the grids will stay on the large side for the rest of the year now...the previous meetings grids were poor which was a shame
Old 1 Jun 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1317419)   #13
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've thrown my championship entry form in (at last), and will make at least one visit this year. The first may be the first weekend in August, but I'm in two minds whether to go to Lydden (which I love too!), or to trip to sunny Wiltshire.

The second (or maybe it's to be the first!!) will be the end of August (Bank Holiday).

I look forward to a good grid.

Rob.