Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 26 Apr 2002, 16:09 (Ref:271445)   #1
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Focus Championship 2003

Does anyone know anymore information about this championship, if it is happening, or is there a site for it. Anything would help! We need another high profile tin top category.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 18:51 (Ref:271545)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Focus Championship 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
.............................We need another high profile tin top category.
Why?
Old 27 Apr 2002, 08:26 (Ref:271903)   #3
Spinner
Racer

All we have is the Clios as a feeder championship, and thats over subscribed. The Fiesta championship seemed to run fine alongside it untill Ford pulled the backing, so why not another series?
Old 27 Apr 2002, 12:00 (Ref:272001)   #4
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one thing wrong with British Motorsport is too many Saloon Championships. There is no need for another series as there is not a defind ladder to the top anymore as you can just jump into the BTCC Production Class. Any way as soon as there is enough Tourers on the Grid the Productions will be dropped and then will probably revert back to what was National Saloons
Old 28 Apr 2002, 16:54 (Ref:272567)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Garry,

My point exactly. The feeders for touring cars and sports cars come from the ranks of the club and then semi-pro racers. One make championships are fine but a little tedious?
Old 30 Apr 2002, 20:30 (Ref:274805)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The planned 2003 Focus was basically a Production spec race car anyway ? I don't see the point in running a car away from other competition, when BTCP splits from BTCT...
Old 30 Apr 2002, 21:40 (Ref:274891)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is important to distinguish between what is a club series, and a championship that could act as a feeder. In the last few seasons we have lost saloon/sports series like the Vauxhall Vectras, Ford Fiestas, Lotus Elise, National Saloons etc, so I don't think another recognised feeder championship would be a problem?!
Old 2 May 2002, 14:30 (Ref:276448)   #8
Spinner
Racer

My point exactly, another series would be viable, possibly something below Clios as they are bloody fast, something like the Fiestas.
Old 2 May 2002, 19:25 (Ref:276698)   #9
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what's this in Autosport about Seats? Would that fit the bill?
Old 2 May 2002, 20:15 (Ref:276763)   #10
flyingkipper
Rookie

flyingkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Seats would be the 1.8 Turbo Leon possibly. Quite where a turbo formula would fit in, I'm not sure.
Old 2 May 2002, 20:39 (Ref:276786)   #11
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could you please tell me why we need another feeder series, where are these drivers going to come from and what is stopping these drivers from getting to BTCC or Clio's already?
Old 2 May 2002, 20:57 (Ref:276806)   #12
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot really see the need for yet another series. A few years ago Minis provided good drivers who went on to higher echolons and they still have good grids today why not promote them.
The whole problem now is motor sport at all levels is becoming too expensive for the rewards (both financial and pleasure).Entry fees will keep going up as long as people want to race.
Old 3 May 2002, 09:28 (Ref:277260)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As a marshal/spectator I would rather see full grids at all levels than half full grids and more and more feeder series. The other problem is that these series tend to last for 2/3 years and then fizzle out.

I agree with Rod, the minis provide some of the most exciting racing you can see. Let's give them a chance to entertain at highrer profile meetings. We have mini se7ens, mini miglias and of course mighty minis, the majority of which have good grids and brilliant racing.