Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jul 2003, 16:37 (Ref:654970)   #1
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radical Drivers..... NUTTERS!

walking around yest and saw bout 2 vans full of broken front ends and rears!!!! i think some of you guys need to learn to drive... only kidding!!!
Old 8 Jul 2003, 11:05 (Ref:655672)   #2
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radical drivers must be a bit mad, although i think anyone considering the road version but be even worse.
Last thing i heard they were planning to turbocharge the engines...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...as if they aren't fast enough already.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 11:22 (Ref:655687)   #3
jamo
Rookie

Wales
Stoke on Trent
jamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never mind the bits of broken bodywork - if they stayed on the track that wouldn't be a problem ...

Did you see the big piles of used tyres lying round the place ? The guys in the tyre truck seemed to be running full tilt all through the weekend just trying to keep-up with the demand !!

The guys across the way from us in the paddock seemed to be putting on a new set for every venture out onto the track - and that included the 6 sessions of testing on Friday - at a reported £600 a set
Old 8 Jul 2003, 11:53 (Ref:655717)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was supposed to be cheap (relative term) motorsport.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 12:05 (Ref:655723)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by jamo
if they stayed on the track that wouldn't be a problem ...
....says a Fiesta driver!
Old 8 Jul 2003, 12:17 (Ref:655740)   #6
jamo
Rookie

Wales
Stoke on Trent
jamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One visit to the tyres - forever remembered

Pleased to say, didn't go near a tyre wall all weekend at Pembrey - plenty of kerb running though

And sometimes even the grass on the inside of the kerb
Old 8 Jul 2003, 12:26 (Ref:655743)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by jamo
One visit to the tyres - forever remembered

...and sideways on the grass at Abbotts!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:43 (Ref:667362)   #8
ppatrick
Rookie

ppatrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they say radicals are great cars but people at radical s***
Old 21 Jul 2003, 18:13 (Ref:667474)   #9
dog ring
Rookie

dog ring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in defense of nutters

...'they?'

Quote:
they say radicals are great cars but people at radical s***
As someone heavily involved in racing and preparing Radicals, I take issue with ppatricks post. Frankly 'p' unless you have experienced the company and the product I do not think you are able to make any objective comment and should refrain from making snide unqualified remarks such as the above. You would be hard pressed to find more enthusiastic, helpful individuals, and their efforts in developing two full grids in separate championships puts many major motor manufacturers with their huge budgets to shame.

The cars are awesomely quick, particularly the Enduro cars. When you compare the costs of running Radicals with cars of comparable speed (FPA,GT,FREN.), including the race duration and calender they are much less expensive.

To run at the front in the main Championship does cost a lot of money but the format is amazingly equal,the racing close and very fast, the machinery is available both new and second hand and can be run in many other club orientated championships at far cheaper costs.

To consider the starting point for this post: Yes there was a lot of damage in the first race at Pembrey. Primarily caused by cars edging over kerbs and removing front splitters; the resulting damage looking far worse than it was. I did see some poor driving by both experienced and inexperienced drivers, this was atypical of the season so far.

We race at Croft this weekend, I would urge anyone thinking of coming to make the effort: You certainly won't see any dull processions.

yours,
Old 22 Jul 2003, 08:41 (Ref:668036)   #10
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't think of any Radical race I've had the misfortune to see which hasn't been a snoozathon and everyone I knows agrees.

It;s like the Uniroyal Team Challenge - great fun to drive and be involved in - but a total turn-off for spectators and should only be run at special 'closed' meetings...
Old 23 Jul 2003, 08:18 (Ref:669121)   #11
dog ring
Rookie

dog ring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear what you are saying JR, but wonder what was the last race you saw?
Old 23 Jul 2003, 10:18 (Ref:669222)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I've seen quite a few Radical races and have seen lots of overtaking, so snoozathon is a little OTT I would have said JR.
Old 23 Jul 2003, 12:09 (Ref:669333)   #13
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't see this thread producing anything productive, so I've decided to close it.
Closed Thread