Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Feb 2004, 20:57 (Ref:867407)   #1
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSC Reviews???

I wanted to know if there are any World Sports Car reviews from 1984-1992. I have never seen any and although this was maybe a long time ago now I was wondering if anyone has any information on where I might be able to get hold of a review. Any information would be much appreciated.

(I posted this topic here first so it gets the attention of sports car fans, it can be later moved to Armchair Enthusiast, I just know a lot of people don't always visit Armchair enthusiast so I thought I might get a few more answers if it was posted here first)

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:46 (Ref:867582)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: WSC Reviews???

Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
I wanted to know if there are any World Sports Car reviews from 1984-1992. I have never seen any and although this was maybe a long time ago now I was wondering if anyone has any information on where I might be able to get hold of a review. Any information would be much appreciated.
I believe you meant IMSA's GTP and FIA group C. They ran '84-'92. '93 was an `odd' year and WSC didn't start until '94.

"The Bible" is "Time and Two Seats" by Janos Wimpffen (ISBN 0-9672252-0-5 or SBN 0-9672252-1-3). It has a race by race commentary of every sports car race that counted in the international championship from the 50's to 1999.

Old 9 Feb 2004, 11:12 (Ref:868067)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is review's of all the Le Mans 24 Hours that can be purchased.

I'm not aware of any review video's through the years, but occasionally films were made of individual races. I have a video focusing on the 1986 World Endurance Championship round at Brands Hatch, with the Jaguar team. Very well done.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 13:32 (Ref:868207)   #4
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are talking videos, try browsing around at http://www.dukevideo.com where there seem to be seasonal reviews for most of those years. There is also a book (out of print) called ENDURANCE RACING 1982-1991 by I Briggs, which you may be able to track down.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 18:49 (Ref:868601)   #5
dscwall
Rookie

dscwall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there was a series of books published by http://www.gruppec.de/ under the title World Sportscar Racing which ran from '89 to '94, which provide an overview of Group C, IMSA GTP,German and Japanese national championships,Le Mans,and the Interseries, most years are out of print but 1992 is still available from the publishers. though informative and well illustrated they do not give an in depth review of the regs, such as the weight the Gp C cars at Daytona in 1992 ran at. can be expensive to buy second hand
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:28 (Ref:870659)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's a nice video (available from Duke, perhaps), which features sportscar racing (i.e. the WSC or whatever they chose to call it at any particular time) from 1980 to 1989. I think its called Sportscar Spectacular.. I've had it for 10 years or so, so I don't know if its still available.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:31 (Ref:870664)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Duke have a lot of stuff.....

http://www.dukevideo.com/products/3611.htm
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:42 (Ref:870681)   #8
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys! I'm going to look into all the info you have given me and see about trying to purchase some of these products as well.

Thanks again

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice